anyone consider this trade
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/19/2004  9:56 AM
NY trades Stephon Marbury to

Wash

for Gilbert Arenas, the 3rd pick in the draft and the ending contract of Christian Laetner
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/19/2004  10:01 AM
Who do we pick @ #3? I would consider it...
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
4/19/2004  10:04 AM
my pick would be josh smith. if you are old enough, think dominique wilkins with a nice left-handed jumper who can defend like scottie pippen and play 2-3
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/19/2004  10:08 AM
How about Houston/Anderson/Kurt for TMack
The true Knickabocker..........
OasisBU
USA
4/19/2004  11:07 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I would love to see TMac in a Knicks uniform but I think it would take Marbury to get him - the trade you propose is assuming H20 is healthy and back to his old self, but Anderson and KT are really Knick trash that I dont see Orlando being interested in.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/19/2004  12:02 PM
Only way we can get Tracy is if we take Hill off their hands..
Which I would do in a blink of an eye...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2004  12:30 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Wash

for Gilbert Arenas, the 3rd pick in the draft and the ending contract of Christian Laetner

AH! I hate the sound of this trade, but I would do it. Isiah would never do it, but it would improve the team. JSmith would be worth it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  12:42 PM
Why would anyone trade Marburry for Arenas? They are similar in every sense of the word, but Arenas is younger. Now Isia should consider trading HOuston, Anderson, Kurt, etc, for Tmac and Hill's contract. If they want to do it, Isia, please go for it. You never know, maybe Hill can recover and be at least 70% which is 5 times better than what we can get from HOuston and Anderson combined.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/19/2004  12:54 PM
Why would Orlando do it? So many of the trades proposed here benefit the knicks but don't consider that there are 28 other teams to trade with. If you had Tmac don't you think you can get a better offer then one injured good player and two role players for a TOP ten player in the league?? (Sorry even taking back Hills contract there is no way Orlando is trading TMAC for that). They'd degrade their team, take a huge PR hit and lose money at the gate. AIN'T gonna happen.
OasisBU
USA
4/19/2004  1:25 PM
Posted by OldFan:

Why would Orlando do it? So many of the trades proposed here benefit the knicks but don't consider that there are 28 other teams to trade with. If you had Tmac don't you think you can get a better offer then one injured good player and two role players for a TOP ten player in the league?? (Sorry even taking back Hills contract there is no way Orlando is trading TMAC for that). They'd degrade their team, take a huge PR hit and lose money at the gate. AIN'T gonna happen.

Thats what I was trying to say - I don't see the Magic giving up TMac for H20 and some junk, even if they are getting rid of Hill's $$$. Tmac can be traded for Kobe, Iverson, etc - you trade an all star for an all star unless it is a completely rediculous trade that will improve your team from many different angles (see Suns Knicks trade).
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  1:35 PM
Kobe would have never accepted such a trade, because the Magic doesn't have any opportunity to upgrade their roster. They will be stranded for at least the next three years. Now, they could possibly trade with NO for Mashburn, but would Tmack accept such a trade? We all know that TMack wants to reunite with Isia, and the Magic will need his approval for any deal to go down. Another possibility would be to trade for Pierce, but Ainge may not accept that either. We are the best trade partner in the league right now, mainly because we don't give a damn about the cap.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/19/2004  1:50 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Kobe would have never accepted such a trade, because the Magic doesn't have any opportunity to upgrade their roster. They will be stranded for at least the next three years. Now, they could possibly trade with NO for Mashburn, but would Tmack accept such a trade? We all know that TMack wants to reunite with Isia, and the Magic will need his approval for any deal to go down. Another possibility would be to trade for Pierce, but Ainge may not accept that either. We are the best trade partner in the league right now, mainly because we don't give a damn about the cap.

You're Dreaming. It's a nice dream but I can't think of one trade EVER when a superstar in his prime has been traded for so little.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/19/2004  2:14 PM
How about the Knicks trade H20 and TT for Grant Hill and T-mac. This way the contracts wash and the Magic actually get two good players for one great player and they unload the burden of Grant Hill contract that has plagued them for years. Why Magic do this they have a sg and sf to go with Gooden and Okafor if they get him. Giving them a sound team not built around one player who demands the ball most of the time. Knicks get another superstar in T-Mac to play along side Marbury. Penny plays sf for the KNicks until DerrMar gets better.
BRIGGS
4/19/2004  3:15 PM
this team needs to take a step back to take two-three steps forward.

Id be willing to do what it takes to bring a young player with superior talent--the kind of talent only a few pocess--especially since the kid plays great D at his age--id be willing to give up any combination of players to get that kid as long as it was a reasonable transaction.

then next year concentrate on a C
RIP Crushalot😞
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/19/2004  4:16 PM
Vmart,

I agree.
I've posted how Isiah should offer TT and AH for T-Mac and Hill.
The reason why the MAGIC must trade T-MAC is because he will opt out at the end of the year and they will have nothing to show for it.

Remember SHAQ? Orlando sure does. There is no way that they let the trading deadline pass if they think TMAC will opt out. THeir GM, John Weisbroud even said he doesn't want to wait any longer than June1 before hearing back from TMAC.

So the odds are at least 50-50 that TMAC gets traded this year. Knowing that ORLANDO is staring down the barrel of losing their franchise for nothing, most GMs aren't going to be offering much value to the Magic.

Now the Knicks have the advantage that we can absorb Hill's salary and then write him off completely and let insurance pick up the tab. We're over the cap anyway, so it doesn't hurt. A bunch of teams will be offering deals for TMAC, but how many of those teams would take TMAC and HILL?

Aha... ADVANTAGE NYK!
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/19/2004  4:34 PM
Posted by kam77:

Vmart,

I agree.
I've posted how Isiah should offer TT and AH for T-Mac and Hill.
The reason why the MAGIC must trade T-MAC is because he will opt out at the end of the year and they will have nothing to show for it.

Remember SHAQ? Orlando sure does. There is no way that they let the trading deadline pass if they think TMAC will opt out. THeir GM, John Weisbroud even said he doesn't want to wait any longer than June1 before hearing back from TMAC.

So the odds are at least 50-50 that TMAC gets traded this year. Knowing that ORLANDO is staring down the barrel of losing their franchise for nothing, most GMs aren't going to be offering much value to the Magic.

Now the Knicks have the advantage that we can absorb Hill's salary and then write him off completely and let insurance pick up the tab. We're over the cap anyway, so it doesn't hurt. A bunch of teams will be offering deals for TMAC, but how many of those teams would take TMAC and HILL?

Aha... ADVANTAGE NYK!

Thats what I'm talking about. That is why I have no problem when the Knicks increase their payroll it just means they can trade players to get back and help other teams with their contract situation. IT does have a plan. If you can't get under the cap then bust the cap figure so it can take on a great player along with a bad contract. The KNicks are one of few teams that can take on both Grant Hill and T-Mac like contract. Beileve it or not the Magic will be more than willing to listen to the NYK offer because H20 and TT are good players that can get them into the playoffs and that extra playoff revenue is what the Magic live off.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/19/2004  8:26 PM
Posted by diderotn:

How about H20/KT/Nazr for Shaq Diesel= championship.

Marketing alone for Shaq in the tri-state would be a-s-t-r-o-n-o-m-i-c-a-l

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/19/2004  8:44 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Wash

BTW,Arenas has to stay with the zards untill he makes good on his guarantee....so there

If you gonna trade Starbury, it has to be for either Wallace, or somebody from Dallas.

Rafer Alston will be a free agent this summer. He is the only player recently to give Lenny props.....so there again

When the Opera Lady starts singing the first option should be

Starbury
Penny
TT
Sweets
Shaq

Any thing less would be a compromise, why go backwards when its time to advance
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/19/2004  11:58 PM
Do you think Washington does that trade, if they end up getting the number 1 pick? If Isiah Thomas somehow, manages to trade for the number 1 pick, he is the GM of the year, for next season.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2004  10:22 AM
Stephs not going anywhere.

Is the honeymoon over already?

If we wanted youth and picks, we would not have traded for him to begin with. If we had tanked and developed our rookies, Sweets would be further along, Frank could be even more talked up, the Lampe kid is not all that bad. Dice even got healthier and could either be resigned on the cheap, or released.

And we would have a top 5 pick as we would have sucked bad!

And milos could have come.

But we went a diff route, and say a few minor tweeks, or savvy vet willing to play here at a discount, this is your 2004-05 knicks.

Let the play, make mistakes, and build charater.
anyone consider this trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy