[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No more KT please
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/18/2004  8:14 PM
I can't take this chump anymore. The Knicks biggest game in two years and he is a no show. Everyone wants to make excuses for him and his hand but the chump is killing the team. If he isn't going to give the 100% effort then he needs to sit his azz down. If his hand is hurting him and preventing him from playing 100% then he should sit because he is become a detriment to the team. I'm not saying Sweetney is the answer and I understand he is young but his relentless effort on the boards and his offensive rebounding skills can kill maybe two or three fast breaks by the Nets. Not to mention Sweetney is the better athlete. I would love for Sweetney to get experience of a playoff start for his confidence for next year just like Prince for Detroit. If there is ever a time to make a switch in the lineup its now.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2004  9:09 PM
I love NY fans. Dude has a bad game and everyone is all over him.

Coach should cut his minutes if he can't play. That's simple.

Remember, Kurt has some stellar games in the regular season when Houston, Marb and TT were all hurting. Maybe he has slipped, but that's what happens when you have a flawed team, ie no outside shooting.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
USA
4/18/2004  9:30 PM
Posted by martin:

I love NY fans. Dude has a bad game and everyone is all over him.

Remember, Kurt has some stellar games in the regular season when Houston, Marb and TT were all hurting. Maybe he has slipped, but that's what happens when you have a flawed team, ie no outside shooting.

KT's stellar game are far and few. For every good game he has 4 or 5 games where he is a no show. Yesterday's game was the first playoff game in two years and he is a no show shooting 1-10. If he is hurt then he is a detriment to the team because he isn't being aggressive and doing the thing he needs to be doing. I think he cares more about hurting his hand than winning and if that is the case then he needs to sit on the bench.

One bad game man this is the playoffs not the regular season this is the time when the big boys are suppose to show up. Its not like he is Marbury or Kobe and the fan want him to get 20-30 points all that is asked of KT is get to 10-15 point on a close to 50% shooting and double digit rebounds.
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
4/18/2004  9:58 PM
Posted by martin:

I disagree with this. This 'quicksand' mentality was/is contagious. If KT brings his 'last game' to the next one, then bring in someone who wants to be in there. Ten shots last game when no one was scoring last game is unexcusable. He's supposed to be a scoring option.

Wilkins needs to see if any of his players are tenative, and bring in someone else.

I'd rather the coach bench a player than the player bench himself mentally.
martin
USA
4/18/2004  11:51 PM
Let's be clear about one thing. Kurt is a role player. Paid like one, plays like one, acts like one. He had a bad game against a VERY good team. Does everyone remember that this group of guys have been to 2 straight finals?

Kurt thrives in half court sets. He thrives in pick-and-roll situations. He hits open shots. He doesn't demand the ball, he plays D. He had a bad game. He has also been off recently. And injured. So what. You do question him if he isn't showing hussle and heart.

Coach has to come up with a scheme that slows the New Jersey juggernaut and emphasizes the half court game. If that doesn't happen Kurt will continue to suck as much as the other guys on the court.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/19/2004  11:52 AM
KT is not paid like a role player. He has an average contract of 7mm per year 7 mm is a starter my man or a very over -priced role player. We shouldve waited to sign KT IF we wanted to sign KT AFTER the season. There is no doubting one fault of Isiah's, he doesn't take his time and think. He has a rapid fire approach--he tried to trade KT and then signed him shortly after. If we happened to lose KT for nothing--what does that do to the team long term? Now we have to find someone who believes this player who has transformed into a jump shooter and plays much softer than even 1 year ago who even like to trade for him. Worse case scenario is that KT becomes an expensive bench player again and we missed the boat of when to buy and when to sell a player once again.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
4/19/2004  12:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

There is no doubting one fault of Isiah's, he doesn't take his time and think. He has a rapid fire approach--he tried to trade KT and then signed him shortly after. If we happened to lose KT for nothing--what does that do to the team long term? Now we have to find someone who believes this player who has transformed into a jump shooter and plays much softer than even 1 year ago who even like to trade for him. Worse case scenario is that KT becomes an expensive bench player again and we missed the boat of when to buy and when to sell a player once again.

I take the opposite view. KT has trade value and will be traded in the off-season. Knicks in general have lots of chips and will use them. Look for KT to end up in Dallas.
Vmart
USA
4/19/2004  12:40 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

There is no doubting one fault of Isiah's, he doesn't take his time and think. He has a rapid fire approach--he tried to trade KT and then signed him shortly after. If we happened to lose KT for nothing--what does that do to the team long term? Now we have to find someone who believes this player who has transformed into a jump shooter and plays much softer than even 1 year ago who even like to trade for him. Worse case scenario is that KT becomes an expensive bench player again and we missed the boat of when to buy and when to sell a player once again.

I take the opposite view. KT has trade value and will be traded in the off-season. Knicks in general have lots of chips and will use them. Look for KT to end up in Dallas.

I also think that KT will be gone in the off season. I will not shed a tear when and if he gets traded. As for possibilities of trades I think the Knicks need to make a block buster of a trade. Maybe send H20 and TT to Magic for G. Hill and T-Mac. Which makes sense Magic don't have the big bucks and they certainly don't want G. Hill anymore. The Knicks are a money making machine they are can easily swallow a Grant Hill's contract and send him into retirement.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/19/2004  12:47 PM
Everyone had a bad game! If you want to get rid of everyone that had a bad game in game one - the whole team has gotta go. KT has a decent out side shot but he should be and normally is at best their 4th option on offense. You're fourth option should NOT be expected to carry a team. I'm more upset by his and the rest of the teams week defense then his 1 for 10 shooting.

I don't see how KT is anymore responsible for this loss then everyone else. You don't lose that badly because one player had a bad game.

Kt is paid about what you would expect a decent but not great player to be paid. His salary is MUCH more in line with his skills then most of this team. Don't know why the guy is so harassed on this board.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2004  12:57 PM
the problem isn't Kurt's inside defense. It's the fact that Kmart runs circles around his unathletic ass. I could count at least 4 times when Kmart beat him down court for a dunk. If Sweetney was on him more it would be a little different.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/19/2004  1:25 PM
I'd like to think so. But I don't really believe it. From what I've seen I like Sweeney but I don't see him stopping K-Mart at this point in his career. Sweeney doesn't exactly fly up and down the court. The Knicks as a TEAM need to play better transition defense. Fast break defense takes better team play - there is no way the knicks front line keeps up with K-Mart and Jefferson. The whole team needs to get back and the guards need to do a better job slowing down the ball.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/19/2004  1:31 PM
Never liked Cr8zy Eyes and never will. He has had his moments where he has been ok but I just have never taken a liking to his game or his personality. So when I comment on him it is a little one sided because I don't like the guy.

He has helped the Knicks through one of the roughest transitions an NBA team has seen since Jordan and PiP left Chicago. The Knicks have been devastated for a while but somehow have managed to remain out of the cellar (not that finishing below .500 is something to cheer about).

I wont be sad to see him go, if a proper replacement is brought in. Someone like Sheed would have been great - but he is a Piston now and I don't see him leaving, he would be crazy to. Until we have something better then KT (Sweetney appears to be on his way) we have to live with the fact that our PF is not that great. Let him play his role but don't expect him to be the difference maker.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2004  1:47 PM
I'm not asking him to completely slow down Kenyon Martin but instead of giving him 4 fastbreak dunks how about we limit him to 2 dunks.
No more KT please

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy