[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lenny need to keep his...................
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/18/2004  4:18 PM
MOUTH shut. How the hell is he going to go around and criticize Steph? Why not questioning himself for the garbage lineup that he has on the court to support Marburry? The Nets have a potent lineup full with athlete that can complement Kidd. If he is going to criticize Marb, he has to criticise himself first. Anderson and Kurt are two of two of the worst athletes in the league, furthermore, they both play two very critical positions.

Ever since the injury to Houston, this team has been one of the most stagnants in the league. Everyone know how to defend the Knicks, all because they know about the pick and roll between Steph and Kurt. How can Steph records assists if Kurt and Anderson combine for 3/16 shots? That is absurd IMO. If Lenny was a coach he would have first consulted his stat sheets and pinpointed the deficiencies before pointing fingers. Anderson and Kurt Thomas played 58 minutes combined; while Demarr and Sweetney played 28 minutes combined and shot 5/9 combined.

Now who is to be blamed. From what I see, the blame should fail on the coach for not recognizing the strengh of his team.

Holla @ me fans, I am so pi&&ed right now, Only God knows how I am feeling.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
4/18/2004  4:35 PM
Can someone please tell me what it will take to get the attention of this organization? I am about have it with Lenny. His reluctance to use capable players other than Kurt and Anderson is really driving other fans and I crazy. We can be a much better team than what we have been. We could have even had a much better record than what we have right now, but Lenny can seems to know the answer to our problem. If I could only find the way to help him out, I would. I know that he has capable coaches on the bench with him, why can't they at least tell him to tweak the starting lineup? I don't understand his concept at all. His loyalty to incompetant players is going to lose us our reputation.

Please help me out fans.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/18/2004  4:57 PM
Maybe Lenny will reveal the element of surprise for these meadowland mongrels once they hit MSG (I sure hope so)
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/18/2004  7:05 PM
Who are all these capable players? If you're talking about "NO D-marr" Johnson, and Sweetney, be carefull. The coaching staff watches these guys all day EVERY DAY. When sweetney is ready to start, he will.

Understand that what we see of him is usually a few choice minutes off the bench against the opponent's second team. Do you really think he can defend All-Star Kenyon Martin?

Don't you realize that so much of Sweetney's value is the spark he gives by coming off the bench? You start him, and you sacrice that.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
diderotn
USA
4/18/2004  7:11 PM
Frankly my friend, I would much rather have what they can offer on the floor instead of what Anderson and Kurt are not capable to offer. Let me ask you this question, that is if you can be honest with yourself, what have Anderson and Kurt done for the Knicks in 20 games???? Before you answer this question, I suggest that you take a good look at their stats sheets.

Posted by TRU:

Who are all these capable players? If you're talking about "NO D-marr" Johnson, and Sweetney, be carefull. The coaching staff watches these guys all day EVERY DAY. When sweetney is ready to start, he will.

Understand that what we see of him is usually a few choice minutes off the bench against the opponent's second team. Do you really think he can defend All-Star Kenyon Martin?

Don't you realize that so much of Sweetney's value is the spark he gives by coming off the bench? You start him, and you sacrice that.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/18/2004  7:27 PM
Posted by Bobby:

Maybe Lenny will reveal the element of surprise for these meadowland mongrels once they hit MSG (I sure hope so)

I doubt that. But you have to give him all the credit in the world. When something isn't working, he sticks with it!
diderotn
USA
4/18/2004  7:31 PM
You are definitely right about that. I do believe that Lenny has Sh*t clogging up his brain, because any stupid coach can easily realize that Anderson and Kurt are the reason why our team is so croppy.

Posted by NYKDUNK:
Posted by Bobby:

I doubt that. But you have to give him all the credit in the world. When something isn't working, he sticks with it!
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  7:46 AM
This is by no mean the dumbest decision ever. I don't understand how playing Marb as a Shooting Guard will help our team. Lenny is always trying to find a bandage to cover our woonds. We have lost games mainly because of our inability to score the balls, also because of our inability to stop the opposition from scorring. If you look at the stat sheets from that last game, it is quite evident where our problems reside. Anderson and Kurt thomas are both combined for 4 points. They have both combined for 3-16 shots, if that is not where our problems are, I don't know what else to say.
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  7:58 AM
Here is a little something from Kerry Kittles. That alone proves my points. They don't fear our starting lineup because everyone knows that Anderson and Kurt Thomas are not able of lighting anyone up.

If there was any Nets concern about the Knicks, it was expecting more out of Stephon Marbury, who was held to 13 points in Game 1. Marbury is expected to handle the ball less and shoot more in Game 2.

"Tim Thomas is a good piece and you have Penny Hardaway coming off the bench that can make plays for them, but other than that, they don't have a whole bunch of guys that are going to light you up," guard Kerry Kittles said. "Our main concern is to just try and contain Steph because he's their most proficient scorer."

Note: As Kidd began what would become a terse session with the media, Jefferson added a moment of levity. "Jay, I'm playing, I'm playing! I'm not suspended!" Jefferson screamed in mock happiness. Jefferson's jokes came after the league had reviewed a tape, but did not suspend the forward for taking a step onto the court when Knicks guard Frank Williams pushed Kidd in Game 1. MSG Network repeatedly showed a replay of Jefferson's stepping onto the floor yesterday. Kidd and Jefferson suggested it was no accident that MSG, which like the Knicks is owned by Cablevision, went that route. "They're doing everything they can to help their home team," Kidd said.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/19/2004  1:45 PM
How does that prove your point?

Did he say he was afraid of Damar and Sweeney?

Look I would love to have better players then KT and Anderson. But Damar ain't the answer - not yet anyway. Sweeney got minutes and the Knicks didn't look any better to me with him in their.

Also - Anderson is actually a very good athlete - his problem is his sometime bonehead style of play. But at this point he is better - then Damar. Sweeney has really impressed me but he's not going to be stopping Martin. The Nets are more athletic - Sweeney and Damar are not gonna fix that. The team needs to get the game at their tempo and play better team ball. Damar is even more turnover prone then anderson. Kt has a lot of experience and is a decent player it's the rare rookie that can step it up in the playoffs. Sweeney is getting enough minutes to show what he can do - if he makes a difference play him more. He didn't make a difference in game 1.
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  2:00 PM
At least with Sweetney and Demarr we would at least be competitive. They could both keep the score clost. you never know what can happen if we are only behind by 5 points. Let's face it, take a good look at the stat sheets, concentrate on Anderson/Kurt combined Vs Demarr and Sweetney. If Anderson and Kurt have a better percentage than Sweet and Demarr, than I will shut my mouth; if not, you will shut your mouth.
OldFan
4/19/2004  2:25 PM
Posted by diderotn:

At least with Sweetney and Demarr we would at least be competitive. They could both keep the score clost. you never know what can happen if we are only behind by 5 points. Let's face it, take a good look at the stat sheets, concentrate on Anderson/Kurt combined Vs Demarr and Sweetney. If Anderson and Kurt have a better percentage than Sweet and Demarr, than I will shut my mouth; if not, you will shut your mouth.

No because defense matters too. Else Dallas would be winning every year. The fact is KT has proven he can play defense and so has Anderson. I don't think KT can stop Martin but everything is relative - I think he'll do a better job then Sweets - though I hope I'm wrong. Damar ain't stopping no one! This team is NOT going to out offense the NETS. They have to slow down the game and play smart and I don't think playing a rookie and a guy who has only been with the team a little while and has no record of ever playing good defense anywhere is going to help.

Sweeney should get some minutes and he is.

By the way even on offense you have to consider when these guys are playing and who they're playing against. Kt and Anderson are matched up with the first team of the nets.

Look I'd love to have Sweeney and Damar come in and dominate - but it's not like wilkins is playing KT and Anderson over superstars.
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  2:31 PM
What defense are you referring too? The Knicks can't even stop the worst team in the league, If you think that I am lying, check the last 10 games that we have played. Even the games that we've won, the only reason we won them is because we have outscored the other team, not because of defense. If you want to see a defensive team, refer back to Detroit and Indy. Defense???? you must be smoking some good gunsha my friend. Last time I checked, Lenny was the coach of this team. He is not knowned for defense.

Posted by OldFan:
Posted by diderotn:

No because defense matters too. Else Dallas would be winning every year. The fact is KT has proven he can play defense and so has Anderson. I don't think KT can stop Martin but everything is relative - I think he'll do a better job then Sweets - though I hope I'm wrong. Damar ain't stopping no one! This team is NOT going to out offense the NETS. They have to slow down the game and play smart and I don't think playing a rookie and a guy who has only been with the team a little while and has no record of ever playing good defense anywhere is going to help.

By the way even on offense you have to consider when these guys are playing and who they're playing against. Kt and Anderson are matched up with the first team of the nets.

Look I'd love to have Sweeney and Damar come in and dominate - but it's not like wilkins is playing KT and Anderson over superstars.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/19/2004  3:43 PM
you don't understand why Mars should play the SG? let me try and explain.

Marbury can't be our Alpha-Omega weapon if he is pressured and double teamed when he gets the ball past midcourt. Whereas Penny and Frank Williams are both more than capable of handling the ball. They should all take turns bringing the ball upcourt. But when FW is in the game, FW should dish to Penny on the wing, and dish to Stephon coming off of a pick on the curl play in order to make the offense flow better.

Therefore Marbs at the 2, Frank has to play the one, so Penny plays the three.

Knicks need to put their best ball-handlers out there and need to execute the offense without turning the ball over. So you have to get Shandon out of the lineup if you're going to do that. And you need scoring from the SG spot. Without AH and TT, the best starting lineup features Marbs and Penny at those spots respectively.

Why burden Marbury with ball handling duties when we have FWill to do that, and then look for his scorers (Marbs and Penny) on the wings.

lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
diderotn
USA
4/19/2004  7:44 PM
I like the concept, but the question still remains the same, with Lenny still the coach, will have enough balls to keep Anderson off of our starting lineup? My concern is this, we just can't afford to have two unproductive players on the court at the same time. Kurt and Anderson have more than proven that they don't belong in our starting lineup. However, things have a strange way of playing themselves out. Don't be surprise if something drastic happens to one of them.

Posted by kam77:

you don't understand why Mars should play the SG? let me try and explain.

Marbury can't be our Alpha-Omega weapon if he is pressured and double teamed when he gets the ball past midcourt. Whereas Penny and Frank Williams are both more than capable of handling the ball. They should all take turns bringing the ball upcourt. But when FW is in the game, FW should dish to Penny on the wing, and dish to Stephon coming off of a pick on the curl play in order to make the offense flow better.

Therefore Marbs at the 2, Frank has to play the one, so Penny plays the three.

Knicks need to put their best ball-handlers out there and need to execute the offense without turning the ball over. So you have to get Shandon out of the lineup if you're going to do that. And you need scoring from the SG spot. Without AH and TT, the best starting lineup features Marbs and Penny at those spots respectively.

Why burden Marbury with ball handling duties when we have FWill to do that, and then look for his scorers (Marbs and Penny) on the wings.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/19/2004  7:56 PM
I'm not sure if I saw anything Lenny said that was directly critical of Steph....what was the quote you guys are referring to?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2004  9:19 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I like the concept, but the question still remains the same, with Lenny still the coach, will have enough balls to keep Anderson off of our starting lineup? My concern is this, we just can't afford to have two unproductive players on the court at the same time. Kurt and Anderson have more than proven that they don't belong in our starting lineup. However, things have a strange way of playing themselves out. Don't be surprise if something drastic happens to one of them.

Don't worry man, Wilkens was the guy who ended the playing streak. He won't be afraid to do it again.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
diderotn
USA
4/20/2004  11:03 AM
Man when I see it, I will believe. Lenny is affraid of Anderson.

Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

Don't worry man, Wilkens was the guy who ended the playing streak. He won't be afraid to do it again.
OldFan
4/20/2004  1:17 PM
Posted by diderotn:

What defense are you referring too? The Knicks can't even stop the worst team in the league, If you think that I am lying, check the last 10 games that we have played. Even the games that we've won, the only reason we won them is because we have outscored the other team, not because of defense. If you want to see a defensive team, refer back to Detroit and Indy. Defense???? you must be smoking some good gunsha my friend. Last time I checked, Lenny was the coach of this team. He is not knowned for defense.

Posted by OldFan:
Posted by diderotn:

I'm not smokin nothin.

Sometimes there aren't any really good options. I don't think Anderson and Kt are great players. I'm just suggesting that the people you want to substitute for them are no better and perhaps a lot worse. Damar was picked up for nothing - there is a reason. He may some day be a good player but he ain't now.

As much as you dislike Anderson you can be sure if he was paid what Damar is being paid - he would be picked up in a heart-beat. He's not someone I want starting but he's a good role player for a good team. Damar is about potential and he is not going to make us better against the Nets. Like I said everything is relative - and our defense will be MUCH worse with Damar playing.

Sweeney I think is more ready - but I'm not convinced it's a slam dunk that at this point he is better then KT. He's played limited minutes mostly against second string players. He's a rookie who is totally unproven in the playoffs. Kt is a So-So starting power forward but he's been in playoff battles and knows what it's about.

Sweeney is getting time - if he plays good leave him in. But our best chance is to play smart team ball and like it our not KT and Anderson are probably better then Damar and Sweeney at this point.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/20/2004  2:25 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

it can be argued that since Lenny ended Shandon's playing streak, Anderson hasn't been the same player!
Lenny need to keep his...................

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy