[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Guarding Kidd...
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2004  2:08 PM
One thing to consider...it appears it was the Knicks gameplan to have Shandon and Penny guard Kidd rather than Marbury. I was at the game yesterday, it was Shandon guarding Kidd for the most part. When Shandon was out and Penny was in, Penny guarded Kidd, and Kidd was getting by Penny and getting to the basket for easy layups off of backdoors and cuts. Kidd had a harder time in the halfcourt against Shandon, but Shandon repeatedly never got back in transition as the Nets killed us with the fastbreak.

Either way Marbury was not put on Kidd (nor was Kidd put on Marbury for the most part), and Marbury was left guarding Kittles (and Kittles scored a bunch). Marbury was a help defender and the last man back in transition (where many times he stepped aside and let the opposition dunk despite his positioning in front of the play. I know he's small, but he should at least give a foul or two next game.)

So obviously this strategy didn't really work. Kidd and Kittles both killed us. If we can keep them from getting out on the break so often, perhaps Shandon is our best bet on Kidd. However, if what happens yesterday happens again, its time to see what Marbury vs. Kidd looks like one on one.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/18/2004  2:30 PM
forget stats jason kidd is on a different level than marbury that is why NJ took off when they traded marbury for kidd kidd is a one man fast break who rebounds like a good SF which initiates the break. marbury is easy to slow down at the halfcourt with double teams you cant stop j kidd. we paid WAY to much for marbury while he is a great stat player and has incredible games with good consitency he is a far cry from the duncans kidds garnetts and thats the price we paid for him.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/18/2004  3:10 PM
I think it's unfair to say when Kidd is on a different team.

Put Kidd on the Knicks and Marbury on the Nets and you'll have the same thing happen yesterday. The Knicks are overwhelmed talentwise, you can't play that on Marbury.

They have a better SG, a better SF, a better PF, and a better C. They also have a better bench and a better coach. You expect Marbury to cancel all of that out?
#Knickstaps
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
4/18/2004  4:08 PM
interesting point VDesai, why would Lenny purposely create a mismatch...especially when Knicks are underdogs.

game 1 must've been fan appreciation day
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Guarding Kidd...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy