we must control the pace!
Author Thread
nadavshomron
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #623
Israel
4/18/2004  9:13 AM
hey guys not a good one ha?
but we stil have a long series ahead of us , i coach basketball and as a coach i was not expecting lenny to be so pasive about the pace of the game.
the nets simply controled the pace from the start and we were lucky that in the first half tt was hot and sweetney had some good minutes that kept us in the game.
i saw the lakers- houston game and saw van gundy control the pace of the game beautifuly ,thats what i hope that lenny will do the next game. we just need one win and we are back in it, we must slow down the pace of the game ,the nets will have a hard time scoring in a half court game.
lenny must work on that and if we lose we must lose after a good fight and yesterday wasn't!
LJ FOR 4!!!!
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2004  1:52 PM
Great point! Right of the gate the Nets were running like throughbred horses and we were left in the dust! There's no way we can win the game like that. A lot of that has to be on the coach...I mean what was his gameplan? And you make a great point comparing it to what Van Gundy did against LA yesterday. They didn't win, but they slowed that game to a crawl and came within a single point of taking away home court advantage from the Lakers. Meanwhile we were left watching fast breaks and dunks wizz by us, allowing more than 60 pts at half time.

Some of the blame has to be put on Marbury too. As the primary ballhandler and coach on the floor, he has to dictate the pace of the game. He certainly has the talent to dictate the pace of the game as well. He looked shellshocked and unprepared for yesterday's game and I do not know why. Lenny and Steph need to get it together and make sure we don't get into this kind of game again!
we must control the pace!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy