[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/18/2004  2:23 AM
Watching this game I realized how much the Knicks had changed from the Knicks I was used to.

To mimic Rick Pitino, John Starks, Charles Oakley, Pat Ewing, Anthony Mason, etc, aren't walking through that door any time soon. Not only does this team not have much talent, but it has no heart. Isiah I hope will change this.

Frank Williams showed it (heart) today when he got up in Kidd's face after getting knocked down and shoved a first team All-NBA guy to his ass. Nobody else did. Marbury, for all I hear about this guy being from Coney Island, and from all I read about how tough it is at Lincoln (I recommend The Last Shot by Darcy Frey, a fantastic book about Stephon Marbury's freshman year in high school, college recruiting, and Coney Island), I see nothing from him. No heart, no passion.

All I saw was Frank get up, look Kidd in the eye, and knock him on his ass. Take that Ason.

Tim Thomas got decapitated going to the rim. I don't get Ward going for Collins legs, I don't get LJ challenging him to a boxing match, I get Vin Baker bending over and asking if he's alright. Have another drink Vin, I'd rather see Sweetney, who showed he at least cared.

I give credit to DerMarr Johnson, coming in at a meaningless time at an out-of-reach game, and running back on the fast break and blocking Richard Jefferson, to avoid another embarassing dunk. I see Johnson swatting and deflecting shots with 2 minutes and down by 20. That should warrant a starting spot. Let him get burned on the back door, at least he gives it his all.

If Isiah can't find 12 talented guys, at least give me 12 guys who want to play. Give me 12 guys who won't take it when a teammate gets taken out of midair, thrown on his back, and sent to the hospital. I'm going to the next game too. I will sit in a section miles from the court with frontrunning Nets fans and root for the Knicks, getting taunted the whole time. I will drive 2+ hours from my home, paint my face, bring a sign (today's read STARBURY BEATS THE NETS/KIDD BEATS HIS WIFE), wave my towel, and cheer for my team. If at the very least Isiah can't find 12 guys who will give the Nets a run for their money, at least find 12 guys who will raise a finger when they're getting abused.

Next game play Marbury, Penny, DerMarr, Sweetney, and Mutumbo. It didn't really look like anybody else was interested.

PEOPLE I NO LONGER WANT ON THE KNICKS: Shandon Anderson, Kurt Thomas, Vin Baker, Lenny Wilkens (what took so long in getting Tim Thomas back in. Give me Bzdelik, give me Van Gundy, give me Frank. Give me somebody who at least comes prepared to the game and spends all night studying film).
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

4/18/2004  4:22 AM
best post of the year

i agree

the only thing i disagree with is Steph, i think he has heart, i think he is more discouraged with the play of his teamates and frustrated... i do think he needs to step it up.. but i think he definately has it in him, i enjoy watching him play and enjoy rooting for him

the others? f**k them all.... i LOVE mike sweetney, that guy is a player.. we need to keep him around

but your right, our team has no heart, no pride, similar to the begining of the season... i've come to the conclusion..i think i want isiah to take over coaching, he wont allow this nonsense...

but maybe we speakin too soon... we still have a chance to wake up and get some pride... we'll see how we respond to this test, but god damn NJ took it right to us..

PS - Dikembe and Sweetney should be starting and Johnson needs to replace Anderson who is the worst player in NBA history i am not joking
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

4/18/2004  4:40 AM
"If Isiah can't find 12 talented guys, at least give me 12 guys who want to play. Give me 12 guys who won't take it when a teammate gets taken out of midair, thrown on his back, and sent to the hospital"

This is the best point you made man... i mean the knicks to me should be all about heart.. thats why i fell in love with them in the 90s... we were not the most talented team.. but god damn it we were the hungriest, fiercest, meanest, savage bunch of hard working mother f***ers u ever saw.... If isiah needs to trade Talent for Heart this summer.. so be it.. i cant take to be a fan of a wuss ass team any longer... its so depressing...

the biggest key to this loss was the body language.. we were asleep, scared, disinterested and lazy the whole game, body language says it all... u coudl tell we werent gunna win by the way we were inbounding the ball.. lol... the only time i saw any fire was when sweetney did that putback, i love that guy... he should really start

Game: 2.. marbury.. take the F*** OVER.. dont come out tryin to run plays and get our wack a%% offense running to post plays for nazr mohammid... just take over like u were in the CI playgrounds... take it to them, come out firing, with confidence, refuse to loose, take it to them, it aint like any of them can stop u anyways, you know that... so raise your game!!!!!! I think if marbs takes the game into his hands he can be the best player on the floor and he can lead us to victory.. but its up to him... I really hope he shows me somethin in this series
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/18/2004  4:50 AM
you said it all bigsmooth. agree with elite, best post of the year.

I praise williams for shoving kidd. Great, that's attitude, and what is sad is that it came from a guy who has been buried on the bench for two years, and was labelled as lazy or not interested enough, no heart...

I can't accept the fact that one of ours is driven to the ground in the last minutes of the game without seeing one of his mates going to even the score. I'm against violence, but this should be a wake-up call for a bunch of loosers who do not deserve to wear the same jersey as starks, ewing, oakley, mason...

fact is we all know chances are they gonna losse. Matter is not about winning or loosing, but the way you gonna loose.

we have to make them pay, and transform this series into a war of tranches, as we did it against the bulls the first time riles touched our team.

just remember the spree incident, when he came in our home and talked sh=t to anybody. Nobody stepped up except kruger. that was inacceptable then, and still is.

[Edited by - raven on 04/18/2004 04:52:12]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/18/2004  10:50 AM
Agree 100%

Can't beleave Collins left the game walking.
A damn disgrace.

And you know the NBA woun't do sh**it. Stu Jackson hate us. He'll probably suspend TT for gettin into an "altrecation" with Collins and fine FW for "attacking" Kidd.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/18/2004  12:14 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Watching this game I realized how much the Knicks had changed from the Knicks I was used to.

To mimic Rick Pitino, John Starks, Charles Oakley, Pat Ewing, Anthony Mason, etc, aren't walking through that door any time soon. Not only does this team not have much talent, but it has no heart. Isiah I hope will change this.

Frank Williams showed it (heart) today when he got up in Kidd's face after getting knocked down and shoved a first team All-NBA guy to his ass. Nobody else did. Marbury, for all I hear about this guy being from Coney Island, and from all I read about how tough it is at Lincoln (I recommend The Last Shot by Darcy Frey, a fantastic book about Stephon Marbury's freshman year in high school, college recruiting, and Coney Island), I see nothing from him. No heart, no passion.

All I saw was Frank get up, look Kidd in the eye, and knock him on his ass. Take that Ason.

Tim Thomas got decapitated going to the rim. I don't get Ward going for Collins legs, I don't get LJ challenging him to a boxing match, I get Vin Baker bending over and asking if he's alright. Have another drink Vin, I'd rather see Sweetney, who showed he at least cared.

I give credit to DerMarr Johnson, coming in at a meaningless time at an out-of-reach game, and running back on the fast break and blocking Richard Jefferson, to avoid another embarassing dunk. I see Johnson swatting and deflecting shots with 2 minutes and down by 20. That should warrant a starting spot. Let him get burned on the back door, at least he gives it his all.

If Isiah can't find 12 talented guys, at least give me 12 guys who want to play. Give me 12 guys who won't take it when a teammate gets taken out of midair, thrown on his back, and sent to the hospital. I'm going to the next game too. I will sit in a section miles from the court with frontrunning Nets fans and root for the Knicks, getting taunted the whole time. I will drive 2+ hours from my home, paint my face, bring a sign (today's read STARBURY BEATS THE NETS/KIDD BEATS HIS WIFE), wave my towel, and cheer for my team. If at the very least Isiah can't find 12 guys who will give the Nets a run for their money, at least find 12 guys who will raise a finger when they're getting abused.

Next game play Marbury, Penny, DerMarr, Sweetney, and Mutumbo. It didn't really look like anybody else was interested.

PEOPLE I NO LONGER WANT ON THE KNICKS: Shandon Anderson, Kurt Thomas, Vin Baker, Lenny Wilkens (what took so long in getting Tim Thomas back in. Give me Bzdelik, give me Van Gundy, give me Frank. Give me somebody who at least comes prepared to the game and spends all night studying film).
man, the only thing i dont agree with in this thread is hiring I. Thomas as coach. The NETS danced all over Jermaine O'neal and his indiana team when thomas was head coach. some coaches instill fire and passion and some coaches are only class. Riley=fire. Lenny=class. I dont think Lenny will ever give a rah-rah speech.

if i were IT, i'd make sure the NETS got what they gave to us back in kind...

we have such a joke team of has beens here

Kurt Thomas: was college player leading scorer rebounder

Baker: former olympian

Houston: former olympian

Marbury: former lincoln HS star

Deke: former defensive player of the year

Anderson: former NBA finals participant

Lenny Wilkens: biggest ringleader has been

list runs on and on, but our team is has beens, not many guys are about what they've done recently or now...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/18/2004  12:59 PM
I would throw a ton of money at Lawrence Frank. The Nets are just absolutely dissing this guy by not even removing the "Interim" tag yet. He's motivated and the type of guy I'd love to have as coach. I don't believe he has a contract running into next year.

I agree, I don't think Wilkens ever would do anything to motivate people.

Marbury needs to outplay Kidd next game. That's the bottom line. I hope Jefferson that bum gets suspended a game.
#Knickstaps
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/18/2004  1:06 PM
Marbury cannot sulk when the team is down,that is when he needs to take over, if the rest of the team cannot score,he should take it upon himself,look for a layup or hopefuly someone will be open. but he cannot settle for jumpshots with pleny of time on the clock. Lenny Wilkens has to go,hes not the right coach for this team and neither is Isaih; we may need someone with passion like a Doc Rivers or even Oneil the former coach of toronto...Kurt Thomas is garbage I have been saying this for the last 2 years get rid of this bum.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2004  2:20 PM
Great post man. Yesterday was a complete embarassment to any fan of the 90s teams. Those teams were all about heart. I guess we were spoiled expecting effort, energy and passion from our favorite team. Riley would've called the team "gutless" after yesterday's game.

We'll see what the got in game 2, coming back from a true embarassment.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2004  2:22 PM
Marbury looked unpreprared- the same way Lenny was underprepared with his game plan. He made reference to the Knicks having a sound game plan in his post game interview? What was the game plan? To let the Nets do what they do best and try to keep up? What a joke!
Marbury, on the other hand, didn't know what he wanted to do on offense, and ended up jacking up a lot of bad jumpers in the 3rd quarter.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy