[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury is pissing me off!
Author Thread
Starbury
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #604
USA
4/17/2004  8:25 PM
I thought he would come here and turn the ****ing team around. but kidd made him his bitch. he is a cancer just like spreewell i need to change my ****ing sn to allan houston. koala get rid of andeerson and kurt. put my boy penny and sweets in. our line up should be marbs,penny,timmmy if he plays,sweet,nazr
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/17/2004  8:28 PM
NJ came up with a good game plan to get the ball our of Marbs hands. No need to panic. He didn't have THAT bad a game.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/17/2004  8:28 PM
Posted by martin:

NJ came up with a good game plan to get the ball our of Marbs hands. No need to panic. He didn't have THAT bad a game.
13 points, 2 assists?
Starbury
Member: #604
USA
4/17/2004  8:31 PM
none of the players have heart. that is the reason i started liking the knicks. ill be honest i became a knick fan in 98-99 after h20 shot. after seeing them go on a playoff run and making the finales i was like this team has heart. but they lost it
martin
USA
4/17/2004  8:31 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:

13 points, 2 assists?

what I meant to say was that he was no Shandon Anderson. It wasn't Marb that killed the Knicks.

He was contained. I was disappointed that he didn't have 1 foulshot.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2004  8:58 PM
he had Kittles on him in the 2nd half and didn't penetrate! I was like Drive the ****in ball mother****er! instead he shot brick 3's. The Knicks were just standing around on offense. I thought Wilkins was a good offensive coach. There was no system there whatsoever just a bunch of hard heads standing around and commiting turnovers and bricking shots!
spreeeewell
Member: #436
4/18/2004  4:36 PM
Posted by martin:

Martin what game were you wacthing? Marbury had a terrible game.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
spreeeewell
4/18/2004  4:47 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

he had Kittles on him in the 2nd half and didn't penetrate! I was like Drive the ****in ball mother****er! instead he shot brick 3's. The Knicks were just standing around on offense. I thought Wilkins was a good offensive coach. There was no system there whatsoever just a bunch of hard heads standing around and commiting turnovers and bricking shots!
So true about Lenny Wilkens;he looked more lost than his own players;If the coach looked lost how you think the players felt? and again I say, Marbury cannot sulk and put his head down, if he wants to be the leader of this team. If not we can trade him for some good players. I know many of you will say give him some time,but he's been around long enough and this was him dream to lead the knicks.
martin
USA
4/18/2004  5:15 PM
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by martin:

Martin what game were you wacthing? Marbury had a terrible game.

I guess I was trying to differentiate NJ having a really good game and a good game plan versus Marbury having a poor individual performance. It's not like he turned the ball over 15 times or shot 2-18. NJ D played him well.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/18/2004  6:57 PM
C'mon. Take it easy.

The Knicks aren't good enough to compete with the defending eastern conference champions with Houston on the bench.

If we're lucky we can steal a couple. They have enough talent to do that. But don't blame the coach when we only have two scorers on the floor.

New Jersery doesn't have to guard ANYONE except marbs and TT. You guys MUST realize that no coach-- not Phil Jackson, or JVG or Riles or any of them-- could come up with a game plan to beat a team this good with only two players on offense, and 4 slow players on defense.

[Edited by - TRU on 04/18/2004 18:58:03]
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
spreeeewell
4/19/2004  5:21 PM
That is why the coach should try other options,such as starting the young guys it wont hurt to try; plus we can see who should we keep and who should be traded this summer. If you think about we should'nt be in the playoffs in the first place, we're lucky that the east is so weak,cause we are not a playoff team.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/19/2004  8:17 PM
Ok, maybe Marbury didn't live up to his standards, but there's no reason to worry. He had one bad game, and you consider him a cancer?

You hear any laker fans hating on kobe after that sacramento game?

And as far as having no heart, you can honestly watch Steph getting the crowd involved and making big plays and say that?
Stevo718
Member: #559
4/19/2004  9:07 PM
Right now Marbury is the type of player that gets frustrated when his teamates show no heart and he seems to give up, he needs to change this attitude and just lead by example, day in and day out...

and IT needs to make some changes as well.
martin
USA
4/19/2004  9:33 PM
Everyone should remember last years playoff series of Phoenix against San Antonio. Marbury, with a lame wing, almost single handedly took the Suns to 7 games against the now 2-time champs. Impressive. Don't worry, the dude has heart.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/20/2004  8:31 AM
Posted by spreeeewell:

That is why the coach should try other options,such as starting the young guys it wont hurt to try; plus we can see who should we keep and who should be traded this summer. If you think about we should'nt be in the playoffs in the first place, we're lucky that the east is so weak,cause we are not a playoff team.

good option if it was the last couple of games in the regular season. but this is the playoffs. no way will wilkins put in young players at this time. how would we react, let alone the media, if sweetney, f-will and demarr played most of the game and we lost ( which would happen if they did play most of the game)? wilkins would'nt be allowed to step into the garden. you need experience especially against a team like nj, two time defending eastern conference champions.

as far as marbury, i can not believe how people have turned on him just like that. you sound like ( gasp!) philly fans. every star player has bad games. like martin said, nj had a great plan in the second half by showing him different looks like doubling him when he passes the half court mark or crowding the lane to limit penetration. in other words take it out of his hands and try to let someone else beat you. the difference is that we have no one to do that. kurt thomas is playing like he did half the year ( like a career bench player masquarading as a starter). penny is streaky. anderson is possibly one of the worst knicks in recent memory. baker is a shell. naz did alright but lost focus in the second half like everyone else ( if we have to rely on him anyway for scoring we are in trouble). tt did not demand the ball until the fateful drive. if you want numbers to define stars, how many points did shaq have last night? but the lakers still won becuase every one else stepped up ( not just kobe). i can not believe after the past couple of years people would just turn on our franchise player. i am very appreciative that we have someone like marbury. i also have faith that tonights game will be very different from saturday.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/20/2004  9:49 AM
Marbury has been bad for a good month.
Marbury is pissing me off!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy