[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

this is bad... penny needs to start now..
Author Thread
Therapist
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #526
4/17/2004  8:09 PM
the coaches need to do their history... penny averages 20 in playoffs and his other stats get boosted as well... i've been the hugest fan since his rookie season, and as he showed you he really goes off during the playoffs.

shandon anderson sucks so bad he makes me want wonder how he ever got drafted.

the knicks need to
1. Start Penny over Shandon, and even if anderson comes off the bench (i'm more comfortable with demarr) he needs to limit shandons playing time... A LOT
2. Steph, Tim Thomas, and Penny all need to see 40 minutes... we know steph can, but they are all capable of these type of minutes... 3. Sweetney needs to see a lot more minutes... If Kurt Thomas continues to suck and be invisible on the court, start Sweets over him... You can't worry about a players feelings at this point, you need to go with who's producing...
4. Shandon Anderson Needs to be cut from the roster.
5. Shandon Anderson Needs to be Shot.

this game pissed me off so much...

what was up with steph too? 2 assists? and its not like he scored 30 and only had 2 assists... he wasn't producing in any way...
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2004  9:08 PM
I dont understand why it's taking so long to shake up the starting lineup!

If I don't see this lineup on Tuesday and the Knicks lose I will stop watching this pathetic team.
C-Deke
PF-Sweetney
SF-Tim
SG-Penny
PG-Stephon
gunsnewing
USA
4/17/2004  9:43 PM
Alright I don't care who starts between Nazr & Deke but please shake up the starting 5! For the love of God! I feel so hopeless and powerless! What will it take for Lenny to see that these guys are stiffs? Start Penny and Sweetney. please!!!!
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/17/2004  10:37 PM
Posted by Therapist:

1. Start Penny over Shandon, and even if anderson comes off the bench (i'm more comfortable with demarr) he needs to limit shandons playing time... A LOT
2. Steph, Tim Thomas, and Penny all need to see 40 minutes... we know steph can, but they are all capable of these type of minutes... 3. Sweetney needs to see a lot more minutes... If Kurt Thomas continues to suck and be invisible on the court, start Sweets over him... You can't worry about a players feelings at this point, you need to go with who's producing...
4. Shandon Anderson Needs to be cut from the roster.
5. Shandon Anderson Needs to be Shot.

All very plausible ideas, but this would be entirely too risky for Lenny. What if it works?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/18/2004  4:58 AM
sweet deserves to start, at least cause kurt doesn't.

franck and steph should play more together.

dermarr has already earned the right to play, since he showed that he had some heart to come back from the grave.

shandon should disappear. KT should be ashamed of what he earns now.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
4/18/2004  1:06 PM
Posted by raven:

sweet deserves to start, at least cause kurt doesn't.

franck and steph should play more together.

dermarr has already earned the right to play, since he showed that he had some heart to come back from the grave.

shandon should disappear. KT should be ashamed of what he earns now.
I agree... we didn't get blown out yesterday, we got embarassed. they dunked on us, screamed in our faces, talked trash, taunted us the entire game, and to cap it off had a dirty foul on our starting 3. its time the knicks grew some balls and did something about this...i dont care how bad your team is no team should come out the next game and lose...if for no other reason just because of their pride. and if we have people like kurt thomas and anderson who just can't play or don't seem to care, bench them. make a statement. sweetney was working hard, penny was working hard, williams showed toughness, deke played well when he was in. wilkens needs to show these people that they need to earn what they get. i agree, i think we should start marbury penny thomas (or johnson if thomas is hurt), sweetney, and deke. maybe benching kt will light a fire under him so he starts playing like he did when he was fighting to earn a starting spot a few years ago.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2004  2:13 PM
The Knicks clearly had 2, maybe 3 players on the bench better than the ones that started yesterday. IMO, Sweetney is better than Kurt. Does more than just jump shoot offensively, is a much better rebounder, and is improving on D. Despite a couple of stupid fouls where Sweetney jumped in the air and allowed the shooter to get contact with him, he did a pretty good job against Kenyon Martin. Secondly, Penny is better than Shandon. Thirdly, while Nazr put up more scoring than Deke, too often times the cutters/slashers get behind Nazr, and he is no threat on the defensive end to change the shot. It's demoralzing watching Jefferson or Kidd drive right by Nazr, who's playing "matador" D. I like some things about Nazr, but at the very least he and Mutumbo should split time. Baker, on the other hand, should never play.
gunsnewing
USA
4/18/2004  3:22 PM
I totally agree VDesai!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/18/2004  4:24 PM
Every single one of you have said the same things that I have been saying since the arrival of Lenny to this team. We were a much better team without Anderson in the starting lineup. He whined and b*tched about playing some minutes, and some how he convinced our incompetent coach to play him. Since his arrival in our starting lineup we have showed no desire nor willingness to play this game.

Sit Anderson and Kurt, and please play guys that want and can play the game.
The true Knickabocker..........
rojasmas
Member: #639
4/18/2004  7:58 PM
Couldn't agree more with you guys. If it is so obvious to us what players should be playing, how the hell can a professional coach who has won more NBA games than anyone be so clueless. BENCH KT NOW! He is playing like less than a scrub and has for the last two months. If your pinkie hurts so much sit down, or cut it off and play with four fingers. You couldn't do any worse than you've been doing. Shandon sits also, and if he doesn't take 1000 jump shots every day in the offseason tell him to enjoy playing in Turkey or Greece next year. Also agree with comments on Nazr's defense, it is horrible. But did anyone see Vin Baker lose his man for a dunk right after he came in yesterday? He shouldn't see the floor either. Sweets, Frank Williams and Demarr deserve minutes before Shandon and KT.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
this is bad... penny needs to start now..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy