Completely embarrassed by the NETS.

Discuss
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/17/2004  7:37 PM
Figures, a topic started by a student involes one sentence and then "discuss".

Any team that loses their key cog - high point scorer, defensive spreader - is going to suffer, especially when the defense can sag and the offense does not have a low post scorer. Houston's O is so important.

Teams have been embarrassed by other in the past and it will continue to happen. I remember BOS getting KILLED by the Lakers in a game 1 playoff. Knicks are no Boston, but there is room for improvement.

Penny will probably start. Anderson may be limited to the bench. Kurt had a horrible game. Deke didn't play very much. Jefferson may not play.

Really, this series is only winnable by Wilkens and his ability to adjust. I see Marb playing a lot of SG.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/17/2004  7:40 PM
I don't like the way that TT gets floored and no one steps up.

At least Frank got balls.

I know that Isiah is taking notes on the above.
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
4/17/2004  7:52 PM
were you expecting to see a bench clearing brawl
that woulda been cool
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/17/2004  7:54 PM
This Kurt Thomas guy...He's garbage!
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/17/2004  7:55 PM
Posted by martin:

I don't like the way that TT gets floored and no one steps up.

At least Frank got balls.

I know that Isiah is taking notes on the above.
yes, i was waiting for retaliation... nothing. marbury looked like he got PUNK'd or something. he just sucked and was plain awful. guy looked lost and like a flat out scrub.

knicks looked like garbage.

how could they be so awful?

why does it seem like no one on the knicks has any heart?
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/17/2004  7:57 PM
Posted by hDavis:

were you expecting to see a bench clearing brawl
that woulda been cool

That would have been awesome. I wish the Knicks bench had cleared when Collins knocked TT out of the series. Unfortunately, that is out of the question for Lenny's unmotivated bunch.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/17/2004  8:04 PM
I don't even wanna talk about it. Timmy went down and nobody stepped up....I turned the game off when that happened....I did catch Frank push Kidd off him....Kidd was poppin junk then made that flop fall to try and make the refs eject Frank....that was a punk move.

I trust Isiah will get some guys in here that have pride....
Kurt Thomas is a bum.....Isiah shouldn't have resigned him.

Did anyone see the emergence of Mike Sweetney?

I'm really upset right now but I will leave with a line-up change for game 2.....:

Start Sweets, and Penny at the forwards(Last I heard Timmy was beign carried away in a stretcher)....Nazr at center with Frank and Marbury at the guards. Knicks gotta get more ball handlers out there for longer periods of time.

I hope the Knicks look at the tape and get a wicked cuss out from Isiah then come back for game two with a win.

[Edited by - enyspree on 04/17/2004 20:06:06]

[Edited by - enyspree on 04/17/2004 20:07:21]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/17/2004  8:08 PM
FWill held his ground in the tradition of Chris Childs....looks like Kidd wants to do more than win

David or Russ should make future comments on this game before the series gets out of hand
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
martin
USA
4/17/2004  8:29 PM
Also, Jersey team has been together something like 3 years straight. Knicks have been together 3 months. That's HUGE.
Bobby
USA
4/17/2004  9:43 PM
yeah, nets been together a little longer......seems like every body on the knicks are doing their own thing. Does it take 3 years to display sense of teamwork....I dont think so. Right after the trade, it took JKidd one season trying to go championship.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/17/2004  10:21 PM
I want blood. I don't care if we get sweapt but I want to see borken necks and destroyed knees on Net players, TT is in the hospital, its time to start a war.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bobby
USA
4/17/2004  10:50 PM
Posted by simrud:

I want blood. I don't care if we get sweapt but I want to see borken necks and destroyed knees on Net players, TT is in the hospital, its time to start a war.

As reported by newsday, hopefully TT is OK

X-rays were negative, but Thomas suffered multiple muscle contusions to his lower back and was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, Singer Division, in Manhattan, where he was to be held overnight for observation. He is questionable for Game 2 Tuesday night at the Meadowlands.
Bobby
USA
4/17/2004  10:53 PM
Posted by Bobby:
Posted by simrud:

As reported by Newsday, and hopefully TT is OK

X-rays were negative, but Thomas suffered multiple muscle contusions to his lower back and was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, Singer Division, in Manhattan, where he was to be held overnight for observation. He is questionable for Game 2 Tuesday night at the Meadowlands.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
4/17/2004  11:31 PM
Did anybody honestly expect the Knicks to win this game???

The Nets stopped the Knicks (aka. Stephon Marbury) and started running, something they do best.

this is interesting:

Television replays showed Nets forward Richard Jefferson taking a step onto the court from the Nets bench during the altercation -- possibly a violation of an NBA rule the Knicks became familiar with during their playoff rivalry with Miami during the late 1990s.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/recap/NBA_20040417_NY@NJ
MX25
Member: #555
USA
4/18/2004  2:04 AM
I had no problem with Collins foul. It was a hard foul. People say Nets were up by 15. Who cares? This isn't Rookie Game. You don't give up playing D cause you winning. TT came flying in for a dunk and Collins jumped up to block it and there bodies collided and Collins Arm hit TT arm/Shoulder. TT hit the deck. Oh well. Now a days any type of hard foul is automatically a Flagrant. Back in 70's,80's and early 90's that's a great foul. Setting the tone that you won't get any easy buckets by driving in only hard fouls and making you earn it at the line.

Buck Williams no Lay up Drill Anyone? or was that ok cause he was a knick???
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/18/2004  5:04 AM
Posted by simrud:

Amen.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/18/2004  5:06 AM
Posted by MX25:

I had no problem with Collins foul. It was a hard foul. People say Nets were up by 15. Who cares? This isn't Rookie Game. You don't give up playing D cause you winning.

I have with tim's mates lack of reaction.

It was indeed a hard foul, but the one WE were supposed to do in the entering minutes of the game.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/18/2004  8:39 AM
Posted by MX25:

I had no problem with Collins foul. It was a hard foul. People say Nets were up by 15. Who cares? This isn't Rookie Game. You don't give up playing D cause you winning. TT came flying in for a dunk and Collins jumped up to block it and there bodies collided and Collins Arm hit TT arm/Shoulder. TT hit the deck. Oh well. Now a days any type of hard foul is automatically a Flagrant. Back in 70's,80's and early 90's that's a great foul. Setting the tone that you won't get any easy buckets by driving in only hard fouls and making you earn it at the line.

Buck Williams no Lay up Drill Anyone? or was that ok cause he was a knick???

Collins is not a dirty player...and no that was not a dirty play. It was a play that has to be made in the playoffs.....

What I'm mad about is the Knick forwards around him....they didn't shove Collins or yolk him up or try to put Jefferson down or something like that. Vin should have shoved his forearm up in Collins throat. I feel really embarrassed.

I'm a NY'er and when we play serious ball if you are goign to the hole expect to get NYC's version of the Passion of Christ before you get there. Oakley, Mase, even Charles Smith and J.R. Reid(remember he knocked A.C. Greens teeth out) knew what it was to send a message to the other team that they were not going to go out like that. You just don't let another team embarrass you like that. This is a mans game.

It was a really gay moment in Knicks basketball....Thomas was hurt and Penny and Vin were caressing him while the Knicks just looked on all glossy eyed. I thought Vin Baker was gonna kiss Timmy for a second....

I'm sick of all this gay basketball. Isiah stands in the tunnel for a reason....he's watching everything that goes on. I trust he'll bring in some guys with some heart.

[Edited by - enyspree on 04/18/2004 08:42:41]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/18/2004  8:57 AM
I expected the knicks to win cause I think Stephon and TT are better than Kidd and Jefferson. I was obviously wrong. Now, just like simrud said, I WANT BLOOD!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Knicks fans, how low have we sunken?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy