Author Thread
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/17/2004  2:36 PM
C ...Dampier/Mutombo
PF..Mohammed/Sweentney
SF..TThomas/Johnson

Vin Baker is still up in the air. How much is it worth to re-sign him?
Would he accept the VETS minimum for two years?

Leaving Baker out of the equation for a moment, for the above frontcourt to happen, Isiah would need to trade

Kurt Thomas ~ Othella Harrington ~ Cezary Trybanski

to GS:

for Erick Dampier who will opt out of his contract. GS could resign him for around 11 million a year (which is more than he'd get from any other team IMO) and the above salaries of KT,Thella,Trybanski should be enough to get it done.

GS gets somehting for Damp instead of losing him for nothing. They get the cheaper KThomas with a good contract, and can use Othella and Trybanski in further trades as ending deals. NY gets the Center they need to have a dominating frontline in the East with good depth in reserve.

Isiah would be a fool not to do this trade. But GS may hold out for a better deal. Frankie might get thrown in for example to make GS bite. They do need a backup PG should Van Exel leave. Would you fans still make this deal if it cost us Frank Williams as well as KT/Thella/Ski?

lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
AUTOADVERT
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
4/17/2004  4:20 PM
If the Warriors GM makes that trade, he ought to be fired, arrested and charged with conspiring to help another team.

A deal for Dampier will have to include Frankie, which I am for. Frankie has been treated awfully here and could really use a change of scenery. It would benefit him greatly. If we include him though, I'd like a little more than Dampier in return.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 04/17/2004 16:23:41]
Next Year's Knick Frontcourt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy