[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

On Cope
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/4/2013  12:24 PM
Is there anyone else around here that won't cry too hard if we lose Copeland?
I mean, he was a happy surprise last year, but Novak was the year before, and we overpayed for him.
Cope is 29 years old, there's not a ton of upside. He doesn't play much defense.
I suspect his second tour around the league, people will have scouted him more, and
he won't be as effective as his first. It would be nice to keep him, but I'd say not at more than $2.5M.
Unfortunately we won't even have that in salary cap to keep him. But fortunately, we don't have $4M,
cause we'd probably give it to him.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/4/2013  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2013  12:35 PM
Panos wrote:Is there anyone else around here that won't cry too hard if we lose Copeland?
I mean, he was a happy surprise last year, but Novak was the year before, and we overpayed for him.
Cope is 29 years old, there's not a ton of upside. He doesn't play much defense.
I suspect his second tour around the league, people will have scouted him more, and
he won't be as effective as his first. It would be nice to keep him, but I'd say not at more than $2.5M.
Unfortunately we won't even have that in salary cap to keep him. But fortunately, we don't have $4M,

Copeland was more creative than Novak, he didn't just shoot the 3. He drove to the basket, he scored in the low post also. I want the guy back he's from the area too!

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

7/4/2013  12:35 PM
the difference is Cope was not just a 3pt shooter. He was a brilliant role man in pnr. Right now I am not sure he is gone. Its likely but who knows.
Panos
7/4/2013  12:41 PM
My point is, he's only been around the league once. Like so many other players, he may be a flash in the pan and may not be worth crying in your milk over. I mean they let Lin walk, and he looked brilliant his first year. I have to eat crow about being upset at letting him walk.
playa2

7/4/2013  12:47 PM
Panos wrote:My point is, he's only been around the league once. Like so many other players, he may be a flash in the pan and may not be worth crying in your milk over. I mean they let Lin walk, and he looked brilliant his first year. I have to eat crow about being upset at letting him walk.

No Miami exposed Lin for all of us to see in the playoffs, Copeland did well in the playoffs. Novak stunk in the playoffs.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/4/2013  12:52 PM
playa2 wrote:
Panos wrote:My point is, he's only been around the league once. Like so many other players, he may be a flash in the pan and may not be worth crying in your milk over. I mean they let Lin walk, and he looked brilliant his first year. I have to eat crow about being upset at letting him walk.

No Miami exposed Lin for all of us to see in the playoffs, Copeland did well in the playoffs. Novak stunk in the playoffs.

Huh? Lin was hurt for the playoffs and didn't play.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
playa2

7/4/2013  12:54 PM
VCoug wrote:
playa2 wrote:

I stand corrected, I meant to say when we went to Miami and played, he got exposed that day.
Panos
7/4/2013  12:57 PM
playa2 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
playa2 wrote:

I stand corrected, I meant to say when we went to Miami and played, he got exposed that day.

So Lin had a bad game. That after taking the league by storm.
Cope never had a bad game?
No one saw the Knicks letting Lin walk for nothing. No one.

RonRon
Member: #246
7/4/2013  1:01 PM
he showed in could play under the pressure of NY and MANY players CAN NOT
If you watched the games and payed attention to Chris Copeland he really improved much towards the end of the season

Having a stretch 4/5, especially at such a low salary is great to have on all teams
He has a decent POST up game to go with a good handle for a big and a TEAM CONCEPT that EURO tends to play with
Ryan Anderson gets 10m a year and Copeland is GREAT VALUE that changes his position can change the dynamic of a team for opponents DEFENSE and philosophy on OFFENSE

Barg's is 3 inches taller but I would rather pay Copeland, move Tyson Chandler, and build for 2015 with adding/developing young talent for the future or as future assets while competing for the play offs
More importantly, Copeland proved to me that he was willing to learn and get better, while showing the ability to handle the pressure in NYK, and hitting big shots whenever called upon

Copeland could play many different roles with the team

1- as the #1 option like he did in Germany aka Melo's role but willing to just earn a wide open look for a team mate and play in the "FLOW OF OFFENSE"
He could have easily started or JR could have started but Woodson just refused to do so

2- the facilitating role, he has a very good ball handle but lacks some burst of speed to penetrate, however, when he gets matched up vs a Center, these qualities come out and he can expose 95% Centers in the entire league
He pulls the opponents PF or/and C and that is usually the teams best rebounder, shot blocker, and help defender or gets a wide open shot in which can open things up his team

3- the spread out offense role
Like a Novak/Dunleavy etc
He can play as a role player in those role or as a top 3 option, depending on match ups/players on the floor with him

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/4/2013  1:03 PM
Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone 3h
Knicks used part of their mini-midlevel to re-sign Pablo. Should still have around $1.75 million left give or take.

Hopefully this is used on Cope. He definitely played well and was a big part of the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/4/2013  1:05 PM
Panos wrote:
playa2 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
playa2 wrote:

So Lin had a bad game. That after taking the league by storm.
Cope never had a bad game?
No one saw the Knicks letting Lin walk for nothing. No one.

Neither have Melo, JR, Felton, and every other single player in the NBA.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
USA
7/4/2013  1:05 PM
Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 3h
As expected #Knicks use part of exception to sign Prigioni, leaving about $1.75 million available. Team would likely like to use it on Cope.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
7/4/2013  1:20 PM
playa2 wrote:
Panos wrote:Is there anyone else around here that won't cry too hard if we lose Copeland?

Copeland was more creative than Novak, he didn't just shoot the 3. He drove to the basket, he scored in the low post also. I want the guy back he's from the area too!

He actually played pretty damn good defense towards the end of the year and shockingly so. Was an amazing turnaround to see. Those long arms did wonders stripping balls and his length was a problem when he bodied guys up.

I will miss him lots. I would honestly rather have him than Bargs.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/4/2013  1:21 PM
I think he's better than Bargnani actually.
Clean
Member: #743
7/4/2013  1:28 PM
I would love to have cope back. He had a quick shot and could score is multiple ways. I wil not fault him if he goes for the money. Dude is 30 and this could be his only big payday. Is he a perfect player? No, but he is obviously good since a lot of teams want his services. I just wish our coach could have seen this before it was too late.
CrushAlot
USA
7/4/2013  1:30 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I think he's better than Bargnani actually.
Wow.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/4/2013  1:34 PM
I agree we shouldnt overpay for Copeland. However you acnt compare Copeland to Novak. Novak was a one trick pony who the league figured out by teh time the 2012 playoffs came around. Copeland is more versatile. He can shoot the 3 he can play inside and even his defense got better
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/4/2013  1:34 PM

He might be by the start of the season he really came along towards the end. The Pacers wanting him is all u need to know
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/4/2013  1:38 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

He might be by the start of the season he really came along towards the end. The Pacers wanting him is all u need to know
The Pacers are gonna be better next year. They will have granger back and copeland will give them extra offense off the bench
RonRon
Member: #246
7/4/2013  1:54 PM
at least make an offer for Copeland with a player option with the rest of the MLE

and

make a show on him "Beggining's" on MSG to make up some of that money
Like JR, we would have his early bird rights next summer

JR has 2 shows on him on MSG, not sure how much he actually gets paid for it but it is something we can offer Copeland that most other teams can NOT, especially since he did say he wanted to stay as a Knick

On Cope

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy