Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2013  11:25 AM
knickstorrents wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:It basically made it harder for other teams to try to replicate what the Heat did. Which I think is good for the league. I personally find it hard to get behind guys who didn't go through trying times with the team. I enjoyed the David Lee/Chandler/Gallo/Robinson years because I felt we were building towards something. There were glimpses of decent play that I as a fan could imagine could turn into something better.

There's no shortcuts in this world, the NBA is a microcosm of that. Even the Heat had to have a Wade in order to attract Lebron in FA.

It's nice to be nostalgic root for players that come through the draft system but the ultimate goal is to win a chip. While Gallo, Chandler, Lee and Robinson all sound good they all would eventually had to be paid, the rookie contracts they were on weren't going to last. And does anyone here honestly believe they would have beaten the Heat or any other team in the Playoffs?

Let me ask you then, who are you rooting for? When I think of the Spurs I think of Popovich and Duncan. Lakers = Kobe/Jackson. The Knicks? I don't really associate any player on the roster with them. So then what are you left with? Do you enjoy rooting for Dolan? Is he a likable, honorable, admirable figure to you?

I'm trying to figure out why people get attached to a team if the roster gets turned over every couple of years, and the ownership isn't likable at all.

I agree with you about player association with team I use use to equate Ewing with Knicks. You equate superstars with teams but the Knicks never ran into a superstar talent in the draft. Would you consider Gallo a superstar? I don't even consider David Lee a star player. I consider Shumpert a player to bring up and possibly has potential to be a great player. For Shump to be great JR and Woody need to get out of his way and cater to Shump just like he did JR.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2013  12:01 PM
If "Miami" put a man on Novak then its one less defender to roll off and double team someone.

Novak and guys like him have a place as a weapon if the team uses such a weapon. Players like Novak have to be set up.

If he is a decoy then its effective. If he is a threat the team has to respect he is an asset.

All the while the team won 54 games doing SOMTHING MORE RIGHT THEN THE YEAR BEFORE!!!!!!

"Cope is a knick".........Ok.

Thought the guy was a journeyman player from europe who we needed and he did well. Good player, hope he can get paid by someone. Nice if he stays but not the end of the world if he leaves.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
6/26/2013  12:15 PM
Nalod wrote:If "Miami" put a man on Novak then its one less defender to roll off and double team someone.

Novak and guys like him have a place as a weapon if the team uses such a weapon. Players like Novak have to be set up.

If he is a decoy then its effective. If he is a threat the team has to respect he is an asset.

All the while the team won 54 games doing SOMTHING MORE RIGHT THEN THE YEAR BEFORE!!!!!!

Thought the guy was a journeyman player from europe who we needed and he did well. Good player, hope he can get paid by someone. Nice if he stays but not the end of the world if he leaves.

This isnt football where you can sub out defense for offense.

You cant play Novak when he cant guard anyone on the other end.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2013  12:52 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
Nalod wrote:If "Miami" put a man on Novak then its one less defender to roll off and double team someone.

You cant play Novak when he cant guard anyone on the other end.

IM responding to Novak's lack of production on offense.

Defense, we talking defense?

I thought in crunch time in a close game teams do sub in and out? You know, like when Jordan or Lebron pass on a shot when tripled teamed to kick it out the the white guy (miller, Battier, Paxton, Kerr) and they take the big shot. Happens all the time.

I realize Novak was an MDA cretation so his production dropped last season.

My point was, either use him to his strenghs or get rid of him.

Not just "Novak sucks, give Cope his money"!

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/26/2013  6:52 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:
loweyecue wrote:In the long term the CBA is the best hing that may have happened to us. Maybe Dolan will get frustrated when he realizes he cant keep buying his toys and sell the team.

I think you are right... the CBA is structured to prevent the moves that Dolan likes to make (mortgage future, go over the cap, get 'talent' by taking on longer deals, etc).

It will still take time before the current mess is sorted out though.

Dolan has gone in whatever direction his gm has sold him as a vision for the franchise. Layden was all about high character low upside vets. Isiah chased the flavor of the month player and often took on talented but troubled guys while moving out draft picks and signing guys to unreasonable contracts. Walsh sold Dolan on the dream of Lebron and another star. To achieve it he traded away young players, draft picks, good players with bad contracts and let young guys walk for cap space. Each approach was different but not successful. Dolan relies on his baaketball guys and bankrolls what they say will make the team successful.

Until a player hurts his delicate fee-fees. Then we trade Sprewell for KVH; trace Camby and Nene for a broken down Antonio McDyess; and allow Lin to walk away for nothing.

I'm really tired of Lin being placed upon the pedestal. If he stayed, he would have been eaten up here, just like he got eaten up in Houston. Another guy who was over rated (See Landry Fields). Their respective teams are having buyer's remorse at this time

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/26/2013  6:54 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:
loweyecue wrote:In the long term the CBA is the best hing that may have happened to us. Maybe Dolan will get frustrated when he realizes he cant keep buying his toys and sell the team.

I think you are right... the CBA is structured to prevent the moves that Dolan likes to make (mortgage future, go over the cap, get 'talent' by taking on longer deals, etc).

Dolan has gone in whatever direction his gm has sold him as a vision for the franchise. Layden was all about high character low upside vets. Isiah chased the flavor of the month player and often took on talented but troubled guys while moving out draft picks and signing guys to unreasonable contracts. Walsh sold Dolan on the dream of Lebron and another star. To achieve it he traded away young players, draft picks, good players with bad contracts and let young guys walk for cap space. Each approach was different but not successful. Dolan relies on his baaketball guys and bankrolls what they say will make the team successful.

Until a player hurts his delicate fee-fees. Then we trade Sprewell for KVH; trace Camby and Nene for a broken down Antonio McDyess; and allow Lin to walk away for nothing.

I'm really tired of Lin being placed upon the pedestal. If he stayed, he would have been eaten up here, just like he got eaten up in Houston. Another guy who was over rated (See Landry Fields). Their respective teams are having buyer's remorse at this time

how did lin get eaten up in Houston?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/26/2013  7:05 PM
tkf wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

That same piss poor defense he played when he was here. His offense was/is spotty also. The backcourt combination of Harden/Lin is more reminiscent of big wheel/little wheel. In Houston he defers to Harden. I'd LOVE to see him wave Harden off. It will never happen.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

6/26/2013  7:21 PM
tkf wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

By putting up better numbers than Felton.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/26/2013  11:24 PM
The only smart move with Copeland will be to facilitate a S+T to get an asset back. Now we arent going to fleece any team like we get fleeced--but a 2014 2nd rounder would be fine--especially a Pelicans pick.
RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

6/26/2013  11:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The only smart move with Copeland will be to facilitate a S+T to get an asset back. Now we arent going to fleece any team like we get fleeced--but a 2014 2nd rounder would be fine--especially a Pelicans pick.

I'd be fine with that. I'm not as enamored with Copeland the way a lot of other people are and would be happy to let him walk if it meant we had to dip into the MLE to resign him.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Pelicans Pursuing Copeland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy