[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pelicans Pursuing Copeland
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

6/25/2013  7:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:here we go again blaming NOVAK for his sub par play, he gets no screens, he gets passes from melo and JR with 3 secs on the shout clock, and worst of all, he's stationary..

Do you think kyle krover would be a deadly 3 point shooter if he had to constantly just sit in the corner and wait for a pass, you think reggie miller would be deadly if all he did was sit in the corner and wait for somebody to recognize he's open. No..those guys get screens and plays set for them, multiple screens..

Isnt Novak being stationary his own fault?
Aside from that I'd have to agree that there was rarely an effort to get him open. He was used to space floor for Melo. With that said though he did seem a little off this year from 3 even when he was open.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

6/25/2013  7:44 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Shawne Williams 2.0

Peace Copeland. Let's see how good he looks on a losing team.

People need to realize the Knicks are an above average team. We can get replacement role players.

A constantly changing roster...the recipe for ultimate success

Who cares about role players. They are interchangeable.

So can we interchange our black hole?

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
loweyecue
Member: #1037

6/25/2013  7:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Shawne is no lock either, he's schedule to work out for a few more teams, including the Lakers where he thrived under MDA.

I thought melo would attract more FA, but his ball hogging ways and Woodsons limited playbook doesn't exactly make this an attractive destination. Shooters don't get screens, too much ISO, and suspect defense, and you can't throw $$$ you don't have.

Not to mention that under the NEW CBA teams have to use 90% of the cap, which means they will throw $$ at players who are not even that good.

In the long term the CBA is the best hing that may have happened to us. Maybe Dolan will get frustrated when he realizes he cant keep buying his toys and sell the team.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/25/2013  9:11 PM
loweyecue wrote:In the long term the CBA is the best hing that may have happened to us. Maybe Dolan will get frustrated when he realizes he cant keep buying his toys and sell the team.

I think you are right... the CBA is structured to prevent the moves that Dolan likes to make (mortgage future, go over the cap, get 'talent' by taking on longer deals, etc).

It will still take time before the current mess is sorted out though.

Rose is not the answer.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

6/25/2013  9:38 PM
Vmart wrote:Cope is going to leave he is going to get more money somewhere else. Beside I am convinced he will leave even if he get the same money the jerk around that Woody did to him all season probably cost Cope more money.

Papabear Says

I agree with that. Cope will be glad to get with a team and coach that treat him with respect. Woody doged him and he would have done the same thing to Jeremy Lin if he stayed.

Papabear
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
6/25/2013  9:40 PM
loweyecue wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Shawne Williams 2.0

Peace Copeland. Let's see how good he looks on a losing team.

People need to realize the Knicks are an above average team. We can get replacement role players.

A constantly changing roster...the recipe for ultimate success

Who cares about role players. They are interchangeable.

So can we interchange our black hole?

Yes if we wanted too.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2013  9:44 PM
knickstorrents wrote:
loweyecue wrote:In the long term the CBA is the best hing that may have happened to us. Maybe Dolan will get frustrated when he realizes he cant keep buying his toys and sell the team.

I think you are right... the CBA is structured to prevent the moves that Dolan likes to make (mortgage future, go over the cap, get 'talent' by taking on longer deals, etc).

Dolan has gone in whatever direction his gm has sold him as a vision for the franchise. Layden was all about high character low upside vets. Isiah chased the flavor of the month player and often took on talented but troubled guys while moving out draft picks and signing guys to unreasonable contracts. Walsh sold Dolan on the dream of Lebron and another star. To achieve it he traded away young players, draft picks, good players with bad contracts and let young guys walk for cap space. Each approach was different but not successful. Dolan relies on his baaketball guys and bankrolls what they say will make the team successful.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VCoug
Member: #1406

6/25/2013  9:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

Dolan has gone in whatever direction his gm has sold him as a vision for the franchise. Layden was all about high character low upside vets. Isiah chased the flavor of the month player and often took on talented but troubled guys while moving out draft picks and signing guys to unreasonable contracts. Walsh sold Dolan on the dream of Lebron and another star. To achieve it he traded away young players, draft picks, good players with bad contracts and let young guys walk for cap space. Each approach was different but not successful. Dolan relies on his baaketball guys and bankrolls what they say will make the team successful.

Until a player hurts his delicate fee-fees. Then we trade Sprewell for KVH; trace Camby and Nene for a broken down Antonio McDyess; and allow Lin to walk away for nothing.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2013  10:01 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

Until a player hurts his delicate fee-fees. Then we trade Sprewell for KVH; trace Camby and Nene for a broken down Antonio McDyess; and allow Lin to walk away for nothing.

The cba dictated what happened to Lin just like it may for Cope. I never have heard that Dolan was involved in the Dyess trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/25/2013  10:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

No more bank rolling, no more bloated contracts, The CBA was design to spread the wealth and this coming season is the start of it.

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/25/2013  10:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

No more bank rolling, no more bloated contracts, The CBA was design to spread the wealth and this coming season is the start of it.

One thing this CBA did was make sure the Heat win every year.

knickstorrents
Hong Kong
6/25/2013  10:45 PM
It basically made it harder for other teams to try to replicate what the Heat did. Which I think is good for the league. I personally find it hard to get behind guys who didn't go through trying times with the team. I enjoyed the David Lee/Chandler/Gallo/Robinson years because I felt we were building towards something. There were glimpses of decent play that I as a fan could imagine could turn into something better.

There's no shortcuts in this world, the NBA is a microcosm of that. Even the Heat had to have a Wade in order to attract Lebron in FA.

Rose is not the answer.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

6/25/2013  11:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

Papabear Says

Unfortunately some teams have one up on the rest of the league. It's like little Johnny get an equal chance to play. Or maybe the CBA will next say every player must get a chance to play in every game. What kind of junk is that.

Papabear
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/25/2013  11:18 PM
knickstorrents wrote:It basically made it harder for other teams to try to replicate what the Heat did. Which I think is good for the league. I personally find it hard to get behind guys who didn't go through trying times with the team. I enjoyed the David Lee/Chandler/Gallo/Robinson years because I felt we were building towards something. There were glimpses of decent play that I as a fan could imagine could turn into something better.

There's no shortcuts in this world, the NBA is a microcosm of that. Even the Heat had to have a Wade in order to attract Lebron in FA.

It's nice to be nostalgic root for players that come through the draft system but the ultimate goal is to win a chip. While Gallo, Chandler, Lee and Robinson all sound good they all would eventually had to be paid, the rookie contracts they were on weren't going to last. And does anyone here honestly believe they would have beaten the Heat or any other team in the Playoffs?

TeamBall
Member: #4386

6/25/2013  11:20 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

One thing this CBA did was make sure the Heat win every year.

+100000000
Damn shame...
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
Member: #87
6/25/2013  11:55 PM
knickstorrents wrote:It basically made it harder for other teams to try to replicate what the Heat did. Which I think is good for the league. I personally find it hard to get behind guys who didn't go through trying times with the team. I enjoyed the David Lee/Chandler/Gallo/Robinson years because I felt we were building towards something. There were glimpses of decent play that I as a fan could imagine could turn into something better.

exactly...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
VCoug
Member: #1406

6/25/2013  11:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:

The cba dictated what happened to Lin just like it may for Cope. I never have heard that Dolan was involved in the Dyess trade.

How did the CBA dictate that? We still seem to be adding salary whenever we can.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
knickstorrents
Hong Kong
6/26/2013  4:45 AM
Vmart wrote:

It's nice to be nostalgic root for players that come through the draft system but the ultimate goal is to win a chip. While Gallo, Chandler, Lee and Robinson all sound good they all would eventually had to be paid, the rookie contracts they were on weren't going to last. And does anyone here honestly believe they would have beaten the Heat or any other team in the Playoffs?

Let me ask you then, who are you rooting for? When I think of the Spurs I think of Popovich and Duncan. Lakers = Kobe/Jackson. The Knicks? I don't really associate any player on the roster with them. So then what are you left with? Do you enjoy rooting for Dolan? Is he a likable, honorable, admirable figure to you?

I'm trying to figure out why people get attached to a team if the roster gets turned over every couple of years, and the ownership isn't likable at all.

Rose is not the answer.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

6/26/2013  6:43 AM
Losing Copeland is foolish, the way Woodson refused to use him when we couldn't score as a team was foolish too.

This guy is a knick, he's from the area, he just got his feet wet proving his worth, he could be our new 6th man so I hope the knicks resign him.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/26/2013  8:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2013  8:14 AM
Vmart wrote:

We would be capped out just the same. I think the team would look something like this if we kept Lee.Not sure Wilson Chandler would be on the team because of the cap. Now in this scenario we have are amnesty. Its quite possible the Knicks would use it on him this offseason. Using the amnesty would put us right at the cap number. We would be able to do sign and trades and we have all are draft picks plus the Full mid level.
If everyone is healthy this is actually a good team. Not sure it wins the Atlantic but it would be close. There would be a lot more flexibility for trades though.

C Amare 20 million

PF David Lee 12 million

SF Galo 10 Million

SG Shumpert 1.7 Million

PG Steve Nash 12 Million

6th man OJ Mayo Mid Level exception 5 million

7th Wilson Chandler 6 Million

8th Tony Douglas 3 million

9th Mozgov 3 million

Jerome Jordan

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Pelicans Pursuing Copeland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy