6/25/2013  12:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Shawne Williams 2.0

Peace Copeland. Let's see how good he looks on a losing team.

People need to realize the Knicks are an above average team. We can get replacement role players.

A constantly changing roster...the recipe for ultimate success

Who cares about role players. They are interchangeable.

Don't u know role players become our coveted budding stars when they leave, even at age 29...

Yeah and when we sign them at 28 they were already great(great signing Grunny you got it Dunny)....I remember fans saying initially his game reminded them some of Melo to a small degree.

HAHA, for real.. "in Grunny and woody we trust".....

I guess as fans we have to trust them. Bringing in guys on rookie free agent mini deals that have to be rotation players and finding guys talented enough to do that was either luck or an extremely thorough approach to scouting the entire globe for players. O

I don't have to trust them, and I don't.. that fact that we are in this situation is no surprise.. and honestly I would not lose any sleep over copeland... we overpay novak, kidd, camby, we didn't resign lin over personal reasons, we don't have youth to develop that would stay with the team on cheap rookie deals, so we wouldn't be faced with worrying over losing a 29 year old, tunnel vision offensive playing rookie.... the reason why we have so much turnover is because of business as usual politics at msg...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2013  12:54 PM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

People need to realize the Knicks are an above average team. We can get replacement role players.

Don't u know role players become our coveted budding stars when they leave, even at age 29...

Yeah and when we sign them at 28 they were already great(great signing Grunny you got it Dunny)....I remember fans saying initially his game reminded them some of Melo to a small degree.

I guess as fans we have to trust them. Bringing in guys on rookie free agent mini deals that have to be rotation players and finding guys talented enough to do that was either luck or an extremely thorough approach to scouting the entire globe for players. O

I don't have to trust them, and I don't.. that fact that we are in this situation is no surprise.. and honestly I would not lose any sleep over copeland... we overpay novak, kidd, camby, we didn't resign lin over personal reasons, we don't have youth to develop that would stay with the team on cheap rookie deals, so we wouldn't be faced with worrying over losing a 29 year old, tunnel vision offensive playing rookie.... the reason why we have so much turnover is because of business as usual politics at msg...

I don't like the situation the Knicks are in and I hate the way Walsh handled things and left no cap space or assets for Grunwald. That being said, Grunwald and the scouts bringing in Prigs and Cope was very resourceful. Grunwald has to be resourceful and Woodson has to be able to adapt to having a core of 4-5 guys and everyone else being new and on mini deals. That isn't their fault it is the situation the previous administration put the team in.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
6/25/2013  12:54 PM
Knicks just offered Copeland a qualifying offer of just under 1M for 1 year, making him restricted. If he signs an offer sheet Knicks will probably have to dip in to tax payers MLE. Cope has until 7/23 to decide. All of this per Zwerling.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/25/2013  12:59 PM
MSG3 wrote:Knicks just offered Copeland a qualifying offer of just under 1M for 1 year, making him restricted. If he signs an offer sheet Knicks will probably have to dip in to tax payers MLE. Cope has until 7/23 to decide. All of this per Zwerling.

Right, that's $3.18 mil.
Can't the Pelicans make us powerless by offering him $3.19 mil?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/25/2013  1:50 PM
To be honest with you guys I'm not to concerned about losing anyone. I know Knicks aren't winning anything it's all BS. It's time to start creating a new window of opportunity.
holfresh
Member: #1081

6/25/2013  2:43 PM
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

What fans??...And Lin was Nash lite, Gallo was Bird lite...Now Cope is Melo lite...

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/25/2013  3:18 PM
Cope is going to leave he is going to get more money somewhere else. Beside I am convinced he will leave even if he get the same money the jerk around that Woody did to him all season probably cost Cope more money.
CrushAlot
USA
6/25/2013  3:27 PM
Vmart wrote:Cope is going to leave he is going to get more money somewhere else. Beside I am convinced he will leave even if he get the same money the jerk around that Woody did to him all season probably cost Cope more money.
I don't think there was a jerk around. The guy played the previous year in Belgium. He was a rook and he looked shook in the Celtic series. He proved he is a rotation player. He also said he benefitted from playing with the vets and he wants to stay. I agree that he is probably going but he stayed in the past for less money when he felt he was in a good situation. Maybe he will be that guy with character that stays for less money that some are always posting about around here.
holfresh

6/25/2013  3:37 PM
At 29 years old, he has to go for the money, even in NO...This could be his only shot to make real money in his career..
3G4G
Member: #4333

6/25/2013  3:37 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:Knicks just offered Copeland a qualifying offer of just under 1M for 1 year, making him restricted. If he signs an offer sheet Knicks will probably have to dip in to tax payers MLE. Cope has until 7/23 to decide. All of this per Zwerling.

Right, that's $3.18 mil.
Can't the Pelicans make us powerless by offering him $3.19 mil?

I love how the article said Copeland appreciates the Knicks making him the offer....Old Dude is about to

ROLL BANK ALL THE WAY TO PLAYING BASKETBALL AT PELICAN BAY'S SHOE PROGRAM

Footnote....SHOE should say SHU....Denzel said so

CrushAlot
USA
6/25/2013  3:41 PM
Anyone know what this is about?

Jonah Kaner ‏@TheKnicksWall 3h
@JaredZwerling In fact, he likely won't accept it, as Knicks can match up to ~$3 million and other teams seem willing to spend $ on him.

Jared Zwerling‏@JaredZwerling
@TheKnicksWall We'll see ;) ... Some stuff shaking behind the scenes I can't get into right now.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

6/25/2013  4:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

I don't like the situation the Knicks are in and I hate the way Walsh handled things and left no cap space or assets for Grunwald. That being said, Grunwald and the scouts bringing in Prigs and Cope was very resourceful. Grunwald has to be resourceful and Woodson has to be able to adapt to having a core of 4-5 guys and everyone else being new and on mini deals. That isn't their fault it is the situation the previous administration put the team in.

Another joke of a post. Blaming Walsh for Grunwald giving Chandler max money, Novak $15 million, Camby $12 million, Kidd $11 million? Give me a break. Grunwald is awful when it comes to giving out contracts. He was the same way in Toronto. Go ask Raptors fans what they think of Glen Grunwald and you'll get a sour face. Same with Woodson in Atlanta. Two mediocre individuals who don't do one thing great and are somehow the top two positions of an organization that is 'trying' to win a championship.

I know you have a serious agenda to prove yourself right and you will stretch the truth to do so but the Knicks handcuffed themselves with the Chandler move. Overpaying a player who has been inconsistent his entire career based on one playoff run. That's all on Grunwald. If he keeps Billups for a year, we have Chris Paul right now. I have no doubt about that. But alas, we are left with a mediocre PG in Felton and a mediocre C in Chandler with no cap room or even decent assets to acquire anyone. That's on Grunwald, nobody else. This entire roster, barring 2 or 3 players, is his. Stop trying to blame Walsh, a man who saved this franchise from extinction, to validate your support for a mediocre regime in Grunwald/Woodson. People did the same thing when Isiah was failing. They blamed Layden before him. Well guess what? Isiah buried this franchise more than Layden ever did and at the end of the day he was a worse GM. Isiah didn't fail because of Layden. He failed because he was an awful GM. Grunwald being an Isiah lackey isn't a good thing, either.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2013  4:13 PM
Novak excelled when our interior game was stronger and we kicked it out. He did not get good looks this year.

If we can't get back to that then trade him.

CopeSanity is overblown. Not sure we are overvaluating him on these pages as some fans love this guy.

Im not that high on him and at his age we not talking about big upside.

Somtimes teams take risks and they pan out. Glad this kid is getting some NBA love and money. Its not linsanity but we are able to give some young guys OPPORTUNITY because of our salary situation and need for qualitiy minutes. Cope did good but I suspect there are others as well if Cope gets his money with another team.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
6/25/2013  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2013  4:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Anyone know what this is about?

Jonah Kaner ‏@TheKnicksWall 3h
@JaredZwerling In fact, he likely won't accept it, as Knicks can match up to ~$3 million and other teams seem willing to spend $ on him.

Jared Zwerling‏@JaredZwerling
@TheKnicksWall We'll see ;) ... Some stuff shaking behind the scenes I can't get into right now.

the first post is using the mini mle to match an offer for Cope...I wouldn't do that though.

that second tweet is bull-shyt, neiother guys has any sources in the knicks organization at all.

Zerling kept tweeting the whole season the Knicks were inte4rested in Loiu Admundson even though no one else confirmed that.

holfresh

6/25/2013  4:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2013  4:41 PM
Nalod wrote:Novak excelled when our interior game was stronger and we kicked it out. He did not get good looks this year.

CopeSanity is overblown. Not sure we are overvaluating him on these pages as some fans love this guy.

Somtimes teams take risks and they pan out. Glad this kid is getting some NBA love and money. Its not linsanity but we are able to give some young guys OPPORTUNITY because of our salary situation and need for qualitiy minutes. Cope did good but I suspect there are others as well if Cope gets his money with another team.

Hoping Novak is wide open for a good look at the basket is not a recipe for success...It was a bad signing especially after we saw that Miami just had to put a player on him to completely shut him down...I can't imagine there are any takers looking for his unique services...And who, this board, overvalue players??..I can't imagine such a Linthing...

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
6/25/2013  4:41 PM
Nalod wrote:Novak excelled when our interior game was stronger and we kicked it out. He did not get good looks this year.

Cope was MUCH better than Novak in that he both defended better and was really good at creating his own shot and off the dribble. Novak is just a great shooter, full stop.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/25/2013  4:41 PM
everyone going overboard on something that hasn't happened yet.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/25/2013  5:18 PM
im a big copeland fan so im hoping he takes the knicks qualifying offer but i agree we cant overspend on cope. I mean i dont even want us to overspend on smith because of his unreliability
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/25/2013  5:52 PM
here we go again blaming NOVAK for his sub par play, he gets no screens, he gets passes from melo and JR with 3 secs on the shout clock, and worst of all, he's stationary..

Do you think kyle krover would be a deadly 3 point shooter if he had to constantly just sit in the corner and wait for a pass, you think reggie miller would be deadly if all he did was sit in the corner and wait for somebody to recognize he's open. No..those guys get screens and plays set for them, multiple screens..

ES
holfresh

6/25/2013  5:57 PM
Novak and Reggie Miller in the same sentence...WOW...
Pelicans Pursuing Copeland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy