[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

PLAYOFFS
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2004  9:19 AM
I am glad that we made the playoffs, but based on the fact that I don't trust our coach, I am sad at the same time. We have a coach that continues to play a guy like Anderson whom has yet to prove that he is worthy of being in the starting lineup. We have guys on the bench that can produce 3 times more of what our beloved Anderson has been given us thus far. Teams are preparing to gear up on Steph, mainly because they don't fear what Anderson and Kurt Thomas along with Naser is capable of offering. When Houston is on the court, at least they have to pay him some attention, because of his scorring abilities. Therefore, I am asking that Lenny changes the starting lineup a little. He just has to tweek it some. Start Demarr at the SG position instead of Anderson. The reason is simple, Demarr is a scorrer, just that alone will help spread the floor, and best of all, Marburry (our orchestrator) will have a lot more options.

If Lenny truly cares about this team, he only has to make this simple adjustment. For us to have a better chance Vs the Nets, Demarr has to play a much bigger role. Play Anderson as the backup SG, and Penny as the SF/G backup, Sweet as Kurt's backup, and Deke as Naser or Vinny's backup.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
4/15/2004  10:05 AM
I have a prediction. Maybe some of you will see me as being crazy, but our Knicks will eliminate the Nets in 5. TT will be brilliant, and Demarr will be our heroe.

Holla back
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/15/2004  11:24 AM
Demarr is not quite ready to start.
His defense is very lacking and therefore having him start at any position as of right now is a liability.
I expect that to change after a training camp.
Demarr is a SF not a SG.
Anderson has been starting at SG with TT starting at SF.
Demarr would get killed on defense by the quickness of most SGs...

We NEEEEED to start PENNY!!!!!!
TheSage
Member: #386
4/15/2004  11:25 AM
Not crazy-thinking wishfully perhaps.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2004  12:14 PM
Start Penny. Bring Demarr off the bench.
diderotn
USA
4/15/2004  1:31 PM
I disagree with those of you who think that Demarr can't be a starter. What has Anderson given us so far? He is not as good of a defender that everyone claim that he is. I have watched many games, and I am not impressed at all with his defense. At least we know this much about Demarr, he can score; and that is an asset that we are lacking now that Houston is not on the roster. All year we haven't played any defense, what makes you think that we will be doing that now? I would much rather have the intangibles that Demarr can offer over what Anderson can. NOw that is me talking.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/15/2004  2:14 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I disagree with those of you who think that Demarr can't be a starter. What has Anderson given us so far? He is not as good of a defender that everyone claim that he is. I have watched many games, and I am not impressed at all with his defense. At least we know this much about Demarr, he can score; and that is an asset that we are lacking now that Houston is not on the roster. All year we haven't played any defense, what makes you think that we will be doing that now? I would much rather have the intangibles that Demarr can offer over what Anderson can. NOw that is me talking.

I'll agree with you in one respect... I would rather have DeMarr start over Anderson. I can say that without any reservation. But I would not start Demarr over Penny. Penny brings alot more to the table than Demarr. Demarr should be the backup.. and ANderson should be installed when these guys get into foul trouble or are just having an off night.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2004  2:16 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Just as there is an intensity level difference between high school and college ball, college ball and the NBA, there is a HUGE jump between the NBA regular season and the playoffs. And we're are not even talking about the difference between playing against second line scrubs and starters.

Anderson has a ton of faults. He also has a ton of experience and that counts down the stretch, but it does not discount a younger inexperienced player from stepping up either. Can DerMarr bring it? Has the coach seen the fire in his play during practice? Can he be counted on? How does he shoot under pressure? Have we even seen that of DerMarr.

Defense is not only about giving your man a fit on the defensive end. It's about rotations, it's about help, it's about knowing how to play the pick-and-roll, how to get around picks, getting back on D after a missed shot, going after rebounds, diving after loose balls, blocking out after freethrows are shot, and so forth. Only the Knicks players and coaches can really qualify all of those attributes with Anderson and DerMarr. After you have noted all of the above, get back to me.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
diderotn
USA
4/15/2004  2:32 PM
First of all, Demarr can be a guarantied 20 points scorrer. For a team like the Knicks that can't play any defense, it is imperative for them to outscorred their opponents. Just remember that. Anderson may have experience over Demarr, but the facts remain that we will need to outscorre our opponents.

Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

Just as there is an intensity level difference between high school and college ball, college ball and the NBA, there is a HUGE jump between the NBA regular season and the playoffs. And we're are not even talking about the difference between playing against second line scrubs and starters.

Anderson has a ton of faults. He also has a ton of experience and that counts down the stretch, but it does not discount a younger inexperienced player from stepping up either. Can DerMarr bring it? Has the coach seen the fire in his play during practice? Can he be counted on? How does he shoot under pressure? Have we even seen that of DerMarr.

Defense is not only about giving your man a fit on the defensive end. It's about rotations, it's about help, it's about knowing how to play the pick-and-roll, how to get around picks, getting back on D after a missed shot, going after rebounds, diving after loose balls, blocking out after freethrows are shot, and so forth. Only the Knicks players and coaches can really qualify all of those attributes with Anderson and DerMarr. After you have noted all of the above, get back to me.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2004  2:39 PM
Anderson plays defense.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2004  2:45 PM
yea.. DJ has nice talent but Anderson is a better player right now plain and simple. DJ is totally lost on D and it would cost us a chance to win a game. You want DJ lauching 3's every time down the floor so he can outscore the guy thats torching him? He gave up 18 points on 8-8 scoring against Tayshaun Prince. Prince turned the backdoor play into the frontdoor play.

Relax, Shandon would not be playing at all except for Houston's injury, and Penny is more suited to come off the bench because he can play a few different positions.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
4/16/2004  7:52 AM
I would much rather have a twenty points scorrer on the floor than a not talented, mistake prone, and poor defender like Anderson in the STARTING line-up. You people can't seems to understand the power of scorring. The Knicks has not been able to score a 100 points on anyone as of late. Marburry has been in a funk and I will blame all of that on Anderson's poor ability to spread the floor. I want to emphasize on one thing for all of you, if Marburry is not confortable, we might as well forget it. Anderson over Demarr is absurd.

Posted by fishmike:

yea.. DJ has nice talent but Anderson is a better player right now plain and simple. DJ is totally lost on D and it would cost us a chance to win a game. You want DJ lauching 3's every time down the floor so he can outscore the guy thats torching him? He gave up 18 points on 8-8 scoring against Tayshaun Prince. Prince turned the backdoor play into the frontdoor play.

Relax, Shandon would not be playing at all except for Houston's injury, and Penny is more suited to come off the bench because he can play a few different positions.
TheSage
Member: #386
4/16/2004  8:13 AM
DJ should be playing in tandem with Deke who can cover his defensive lapses. Similarly Anderson (ugh) with Nazr and Penny with anyone. would also like to see Sweets get more time by playing with KT when RJ is on the bench.
diderotn
USA
4/16/2004  1:06 PM
I have a question to some of you, since I am away from home, can someone please describe to me the ambiance over the Knicks success so far?????? Will the Garden be truly what I am hearing on ESPN?

I smell an upset.
PLAYOFFS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy