Raef LaFrentz Still Available
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/20/2001  5:56 PM
According to the NYPost...

The Nuggets are entertaining offers for Raef LaFrentz, whom they're unwilling to pay the $10 million per it'd take to extend him. The contracts of Antonio McDyess and Nick Van Exel already dominate Denver's salary cap and GM Kiki Vandeweghe believes you can't have three players making $10M or more . . . James Posey also is available, sparking conversation (Dion Glover or DeMarr Johnson) with the Hawks.

BskBALL.com reported the Nuggets are talking to the Suns about Googs, an older, injure-prone power forward, so maybe they are willing to take a much better power forward, Kurt Thomas, in exchange for LaFrentz. I know we've talked about this before, but Camby and LaFrentz would be a dominate tandom up front. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/20/2001  6:06 PM
I'd love it if Dermarr Johnson would become a Knick.

I'd love it if Menk Batere would be signed right about now, the absolute minimum for a possible starting center. Once the language barrier is overcome he'll kick serious buttocks.

I'd love it if we got Khalid El-Amin and Omar cook so we could trade two of our PG's away for height and preferably Dermarr Johnson.

I'd love it if we got Marc Jackson from GS cause he's a thug and a tall center. Perfect.

Raef? I only want Raef because we're undermanned at the center position. Personally I'd want a Blocking Mean Machine who is a presence inside. Raef, as of yet anyway, doesn't quite fit that bill. He prefers the jumper to the layup/dunk and his block average, ahum..
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/20/2001  7:31 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

The contracts of Antonio McDyess and Nick Van Exel already dominate Denver's salary cap and GM Kiki Vandeweghe believes you can't have three players making $10M or more

See, now this is funny. Don't the Knicks have 2 players who they waived who make over $10M?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/20/2001  7:42 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

BskBALL.com reported the Nuggets are talking to the Suns about Googs, an older, injure-prone power forward, so maybe they are willing to take a much better power forward, Kurt Thomas, in exchange for LaFrentz. I know we've talked about this before, but Camby and LaFrentz would be a dominate tandom up front. Thoughts?

I would love to see LaFrentz in a Knicks uniform, but looking at their roster I can't tell who they would want in return. Probably a big man - I would give up any of our big men 'cept Camby, but I don't see them taking either of them straight up. Undersized Othella? Thomas? Probably not.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
11/20/2001  9:28 PM
I'd love it if we got Khalid El-Amin and Omar cook so we could trade two of our PG's away for height and preferably Dermarr Johnson.
I just heard the Mavs signed Omar Cook and placed him on the injured list...
For us, Marc Jackson or Raef LaFrentz would be very nice players that we have a legit shot at, but i think i would prefer LaFrentz. I would be willing to send Thomas and extras to get him and for Jackson, i would hesitate in sending Thomas, but would probably do it anyway. As for point guards, i would love Stoudamire if we could trade a package for him, maybe Ward or Eisley, Harrington, and Knight for him. And how bout the numbers rookie Jamal Tinsley is putting up. As much as i like Harrington, it almost makes you re-think sending Erick Strickland and that first rounder for him. I think we'll be fine with Sprewell, Camby, and Houston, but we need a minor trade to boost our frontcourt and the power of our point guard and center. Getting LaFrentz or Jackson and/or Stoudamire would be just what we need.
Knixkik
USA
11/22/2001  2:16 PM
I would love to see LaFrentz in a Knicks uniform, but looking at their roster I can't tell who they would want in return. Probably a big man - I would give up any of our big men 'cept Camby, but I don't see them taking either of them straight up. Undersized Othella? Thomas? Probably not.
I would trade Thomas and a future draft pick for LaFrentz. Going with a rotation of Camby and LaFrentz with Harrington and Weatherspoon coming off the bench at the 4 and 5 would be just what we need.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
11/23/2001  2:28 PM
raef isnt on the market
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
USA
11/23/2001  4:21 PM
Posted by falcindor:

raef isnt on the market
According to the NYPost he is.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/30/2001  2:37 AM
I found this on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/1128/1285983.html

The rumors also swirled around New York on Tuesday, when the Rocky Mountain News reported: "LaFrentz to the Knicks. Nuggets get swingman Latrell Sprewell."

Other rumors involved injured Nuggets power forward Antonio McDyess.

But Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said, "I'm not calling anybody trying to trade Raef. He's one of the last guys I'm trying to trade."

LaFrentz is not surprised his name is beginning to surface in trade rumors. He expects it to continue, he told the Rocky Mountain News.

"If there's anything to any of these rumors, I'll be getting a phone call from (agent) Mike (Higgins)," said LaFrentz, who had yet to hear from his agent. "I won't hear anything from the Nuggets. They are not going to be like, 'Hey, we're thinking about trading you.' Most teams don't (tell their players about trade talks)."
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
11/30/2001  3:13 PM
I don't know where that came from, but Sprewell will not get traded for LaFrentz. The only way that happens is if other teams are involved in the deal too. I think we need to offer Thomas and a future draft pick or try to swing a three way that could land us LaFrentz and allow us to give up the same package, but nothing more. LaFrentz would help and i'm all for getting him, but not on the account of giving up Spree.
Raef LaFrentz Still Available

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy