If Knicks lose, blame Lenny
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/15/2004  1:47 AM
I really don't understand the coach.

He has yet to establish any type of substitution pattern, it seems as if he takes guys in and out regardless of how well they were playing, and Sweetney is still getting almost no time.

In my opinion, Lenny isn't the type of guy who is up right now (it's 1 AM in NY, or around there) studying tape of the Nets. He just doesn't seem to have any type of plan or anything when games start, and his subbing, as mentioned, drives me nuts.

So if the Knicks do lose (I'd say its 50/50 right now, Stef's gotta carry them), I think it'll be becuase of Lenny.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/15/2004  2:12 AM
My biggest peeve thus far is starting Anderson.
I will be very dissapointed if he starts game 1.

On a side note... Did any of you guys catch the bit with Houston during today's game. He said something like he'll play if the coach asks him to but in his opinion he might as well have a cast on his leg. Sounds pretty bad... as far as his return during the playoffs is concerned.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/15/2004  3:54 AM
hou is done for this yr. Moreover, even if he could play, his game needs time to bring rythm back. why playing if you gonna play bad ? hurt yourself and your image ?
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/15/2004  6:17 AM
Dude would play if he could. He was just reiterating that point.

The question is, why the hell is he on the playoff roster if he can't go? You can't tell me the team is saving him for the Finals.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/15/2004  7:11 AM
you never know.

there is x% chance that we beat the nets, meanwhile, there's y% chances that hou recovered faster than expected.

as low as the combo of x and y can be, you have to take your chance.

I remember riely saying back in 94 that his biggest mistake was that he put doc rivers in the IL instead of putting him on the active roster. Doc happened to be healthy enough to play, but couldn't.

I think that's the reason why.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/15/2004  8:51 AM
If Houston could come back, I don't think there is a single Knick fan out there who would say putting him on the active roster for the playoffs was a mistake. He is our go to guy - if there is even a 1% chance he can return, you take that risk. With him on the floor this team is dangerous, but withuot him we are extremly vulnerable.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
bernard
Member: #475
4/15/2004  12:23 PM
First off, how can anyone know who to blame for losing before we even play? If you've prejudged that it's Lenny, then you've given up credibility. Maybe Lenny will put together great schemes, constantly adjust to the action, make the right calls and put the right players in the right positions, and we'll shoot 11 for 23 from the foul line in game 7 and lose by 2. Damn. Let the games happen before you point fingers.

As for H20 on the roster ... it's a no brainer. Are we going to go 12 deep in our rotation? No way. You shorten the rotation for the playoffs, not lengthen it. We can talk as much as we want about whether it should be DerMarr or Frank who gets left off, but neither of them is likely to see much run. So even if we're keeping H2O on the roster for the off chance that we win a series and he heals enough to play 2 weeks from now, it's the right call.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2004  1:04 PM
Steph is our do to guy.

If we have to count on Houston with his bad knees to be our go to guy we're in trouble. If houston comes back and they keep feeding him the ball as they always do and he continues to miss like he does when he's hurt NJ will run us right off the court.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2004  1:55 PM
The one capable guy that most of you have failed to mention is Tim Thomas. Some of you have forgotten that this kid can easily flat out out-scored everyone in our team. If TT takes 21 shot per game, chances are he will have an outstanding percentage; let's say 11-21. Let's not forget that he is an excellent ball-handler/shooter, etc.

A star will be born in the playoffs for the Knicks.

Tim Thomas.
The true Knickabocker..........
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2004  1:58 PM
Posted by diderotn:

The one capable guy that most of you have failed to mention is Tim Thomas. Some of you have forgotten that this kid can easily flat out out-scored everyone in our team. If TT takes 21 shot per game, chances are he will have an outstanding percentage; let's say 11-21. Let's not forget that he is an excellent ball-handler/shooter, etc.

A star will be born in the playoffs for the Knicks.

Tim Thomas.

I actually think TT is the key to the series. He can overmatch Jefferson in the post and draw fouls against him. If TT gets into a shooting match with his SF counterpart, it's over for the Knicks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/15/2004  2:00 PM
I agree... Tim Thomas will make Isiah look like a managerial Genius.
we'll see.... I have high expectations from him.

As far as Houston returning...
I'm all for it...
As long as they don't start running those stupid isolation plays for him that leaves noone under the hoop for an offensive board.
He needs to get those sweet jumpers in transition... not the half court set.. If nothing else.. a pick and Roll.. Just please PLEASE.... NO ISOLATION plays!!
of course that's if he even returns...
diderotn
USA
4/15/2004  2:22 PM
Tim Thomas has to become a little more assertive. He will need to dictate how the Nets will play him. Jefferson and KMart will be forced to guard him specially if he takes it to Jeffy. This dude is mainly the answer to all of our problems, but Lenny has to realize that. Lenny has done a much better job utilizing TT's skills as of late, now I want to see if he can continue that.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2004  2:48 PM
No Blame Shandon
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
4/15/2004  6:46 PM
No doubt Lenny has been a terrible coach. Since his early hot streak, he has shown a staggering amount of incompetance. Perhaps the biggest being in the Nets game where we blown out a few weeks back. In that game, he kept watching while the Nets strolled out to a comfortable lead and kept taking timeouts when the Knicks were trying to make a run. It was embarassing. My biggest peeve is his use of Moochie over FW, but now IT seems to have stepped in. I hope Lenny gets his act together in the playoffs, otherwise this is going to be one short series.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 04/15/2004 19:14:42]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/15/2004  7:41 PM
The way we played Jersey all year is the way we'll probably play during the playoffs. Lenny's job for the next series of games is easy. And if the players were tunning Lenny out it will show.
Lenny's best moves will be player substitution if used correctly

This is the time of season when players bring a little extra to the game.....or call it quits.

This is not the time to hold Lenny responsible. Steph and TT can be the hero or scapegoat.

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
diderotn
USA
4/16/2004  1:57 PM
If everyone plays their roles, we will be ok, and that goes for Lenny also. The duties of a coach during a game is to: call plays, correct guys when they miss their assignments, kill or change a momentum, and most of all motivate the players. Lenny's strategy has to be as simple as possible, Let Marb operate at the point and ride the hot players as much as possible. Second, he has to do a much better job at substituting players. I.E., if Marb is not doing a good job, pull him and help regain his composure; if Anderson is finally doing what he has been paid to do, increase his playing minutes, but if he continues to **** on the court, get him out, same goes for Kurt Thomas. Last but not least, Defense. Lenny can motivate those guys to play defense, there is no reason why we shouldn't win.
If Knicks lose, blame Lenny

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy