[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

kurt must wake up for the playoffs!
Author Thread
nadavshomron
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #623
Israel
4/14/2004  5:04 PM
hi guys, i have watched kurt thomas play great ball at the start of the season geting double doubles each game bloking shots and much more, he played like an all-star but as the season go on he started playing very poorly and we must have him playing great come playoff time.
he must produce in the playoffs and keep himself in the game for 35-40 minutes without those stupid fouls he usely gets(he should avr 12-15pt,10-13rb and 1-2blk).
unless he plays great in the playoffs(we will lose at first round easily) we must replace him as pf starter.
with no all-star pf(sheed,sharif...)in return we shouln't trade him and put mike sweetney as srarter next season.
what do you think? will kt have great playoffs?
LJ FOR 4!!!!
AUTOADVERT
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
4/14/2004  5:10 PM
Good post. We do need him to step up, it's true. He was the most consistent Knick for the first part fo the season. And lately, he'll disappear, or worse, go for 2 for 9, every third game or so. Whether we get Detroit or NJ, we need him to hold his own, or at least come close, against a better player. Will be key in either series.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/14/2004  5:14 PM
Kurt's probably been the biggest mystery of the 2nd half. I don't know if its the pinky injury, the contract, or the fact that there are now better players around him. He has simply become a jumpshooter and his post defense and rebounding have slipped a great deal.

I honestly believe Sweetney is about to break out large- Zach Randolph style in the playoffs and I've been saying this for quite a while. There is no doubt that of all the reserves on the Knicks he is the one turning the most heads, and he's definitely the most consistent and worthy to start. The guy is already a top flight NBA rebounder, and most importantly he is one of the few Knicks that consistenty score inside and in traffic. The other big guys like Baker get blocked too often, Nazr has no range and Deke has no ups. Kurt doesn't score inside at all. Meanwhile Sweetney has shown a number of creative moves, some nice up and unders, and is probably the only Knick who can get a tough put back in traffic.

In my opinion his play in the last few weeks is gonna get him the minutes, and when he keeps playing well, Lenny's gonna have a hard time taking him off the court. The only thing that's gonna hold Sweets back is that as of right now he's a step slow on defense. However, with the increased minutes recently he has even improved in that regard.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/14/2004  11:57 PM
simple: there are better players around & behind him

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/14/2004 23:57:27]
kurt must wake up for the playoffs!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy