[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

how will you watch the knicks in the playoffs?
Author Thread
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
4/14/2004  11:18 AM
here is my setup
big bucket of popcorn
plenty of ice cold beverages near by
13 inch tv
comfortable chair about 4 feet away from the screen
knicks shirt on
lights dimmed
phone off the hook
!!!!!!!!!!!playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
bernard
Member: #475
4/14/2004  12:50 PM
Sounds like a plan, Hubert!

My biggest dilemma is whether to watch with my 8-year-old or not. My 11 year old's not interested, so no worries there.

Pros:
-Teach him to love the Knicks
-Expose him to some playoff hoops
-Quality father-son time

Cons:
-Teach him to love the Knicks: do I want to be responsible if he becomes obsessed like me and winds up wasting his free time wondering about next year's trades in Knicks forums?
-Expose him to me being a fanatical jackass, screaming at the refs and Shandone for hoisting up too many shots
-Have to be distracted by his constant stream of questions and pleas for my Dikembe imitation

Any advice?
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/14/2004  12:54 PM
Any word on any network carrying these games?
Granted MSG will definitely carry it.. But is WNBC or ABC gonna pick it up?
Stupid TNT only carries the western conference games.
The ratings would be a no-brainer...
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
4/14/2004  12:59 PM
Im really pissed to say so but the way it looks at the moment ill have to hope for some crappy minutes on tv!!! but the way it looks theyll probably show more of the Mavs games due to Dirk playing there!!! ;-)
So ill have to hope for the Knicks to make the finals to see em live!!!! ;-)
vinzie27
Member: #129
4/14/2004  1:38 PM
the playoffs better be on national tv. while im stuck in ann arbor studying for finals.. i better be able to watch some knicks. and the knicks better get past the first round so i can go back to NY and watch it on my new 50 inch lcd projection tv... *drools*
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/14/2004  3:29 PM
naked with a bucket of chicken and a tub of gravy.

i will be at the home games - the road games will be viewed on the widescreen tv at home...

it's gonna be pretty exciting, even it lasts for four games...
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/14/2004  4:32 PM
I n I will be passing the dutchy pon the left hand side, while watching MSG on my <cough> 19inch SAMSUNG. You know you're jealous.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2004  4:43 PM
Posted by hDavis:

13 inch tv

yo, sucks to be you.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/14/2004  4:44 PM
Posted by bernard:

My biggest dilemma is whether to watch with my 8-year-old or not. My 11 year old's not interested, so no worries there.

Pros:
-Quality father-son time

Cons:
-Teach him to love the Knicks: do I want to be responsible if he becomes obsessed like me and winds up wasting his free time wondering about next year's trades in Knicks forums?
-Expose him to me being a fanatical jackass, screaming at the refs and Shandone for hoisting up too many shots
-Have to be distracted by his constant stream of questions and pleas for my Dikembe imitation

Any advice?

I love it. Quality time with child... in front of the TV. America is great.
bernard
Member: #475
4/14/2004  5:05 PM
Hey, I have great memories watching the Knicks with my dad, us both screaming at Jackass Jackson for turning the ball over. Still can't beleive that klutz turned into the Zen Master.

Anyway, you've convinced me. I'll watch with the boy ... but fully clothed and no bucket of any kind of food.
Posted by martin:
Posted by bernard:

Pros:
-Quality father-son time

Cons:

Any advice?

martin
USA
4/14/2004  5:12 PM
Posted by bernard:

Hey, I have great memories watching the Knicks with my dad, us both screaming at Jackass Jackson for turning the ball over. Still can't beleive that klutz turned into the Zen Master.

Anyway, you've convinced me. I'll watch with the boy ... but fully clothed and no bucket of any kind of food.
Posted by martin:
Posted by bernard:

Pros:
-Quality father-son time

Cons:

Any advice?

and if you are going to have beer, don't offer to the boy yet. Give him a couple of years.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
4/15/2004  12:10 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by bernard:

Posted by martin:
Posted by bernard:

Pros:
-Quality father-son time

Cons:

Any advice?

and if you are going to have beer, don't offer to the boy yet. Give him a couple of years.
yeah, at least wait til' he turns 10.
martin
USA
4/17/2004  4:41 PM
just to be sure.

Big Screen TV.
MSG not ESPN.
Couches.
Corona w/lime
Cheese doodles
Chips
French Onion Dip
Tostidos (with a hint of lime flavor)
probably could scrap up some leftover pizza if a real meal is needed.

martin
USA
4/17/2004  5:03 PM
Posted by martin:

just to be sure.

Big Screen TV.
MSG not ESPN.
Couches.
Corona w/lime
Cheese doodles
Chips
French Onion Dip
Tostidos (with a hint of lime flavor)
probably could scrap up some leftover pizza if a real meal is needed.

also, spicy buffalo chicken with creamy blue cheese dip.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
4/17/2004  7:53 PM
tostitos w/ lime is good food
anyway it looks like we are gonna need some alka seltzer for the upset stomach the pathetic knick performance is giving all of us.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/17/2004  8:11 PM

after today's performance....shaking my head
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
martin
USA
4/17/2004  8:26 PM
Posted by hDavis:

tostitos w/ lime is good food

yeah man. It's like... addicting. Big tostitos chips which crumble in your mouth, licking you fingers to get that extra lime flavor.... [runs to kitchen to get a refill]
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/17/2004  8:31 PM
Lurched over a puke bucket.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy