[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Memphis is so high on Stromile Swift
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2004  10:43 AM
That they almost traded him for Jerome James. Please... unless another team offers him more there is NO WAY they match a 6 year deal. This would open the door to move KT. Utah has 4 players under contract next year and I think we could get our #1 back if we sent them Kurt and our #2s.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/14/2004  11:30 AM
wow. you're out for blood today !!! Why are you so pumped ?

[Edited by - raven on 04/14/2004 11:30:35]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/14/2004  11:57 AM
i highly doubt they would let him go for a mle without compensation--[although he has played very poorly with a slight injury the last few weeks] basketball is fluid, we have to stand up and reckognize that Mike Sweetney is our PF for the future. the reason why i wanted swift was i believe he can play an effective 4- 5 in the east with the ability to block/alter shots, a guy who could physically/athletically match up with jermaine oneal kmart etc.. but with the emergence of sweetney and the reality we have good players being paid a lot of money in kt and nazr[signing kt was just brutally stupid] i think it may be in our best interest to really get a good look at Arajuo who reminds me of Brad Miller with more power, and a guy who will come in NBA ready to play. It is my opinion that we need to continue to retool with younger players who can stay together for years. Arajuo is 23 going on 24, but at a skilled 6-11 280 pounds, he gives us an anchor in the paint. Not necessarily a shot blocker, but a guy who can take up great space on the D rebound and has a very nice skilled post game that he can move out and hit the 14 foot jumpshot. Hes very powerful, in fact I think he is much stronger physically than Eddie Curry[although not the same type of explosive athletiscm] and would be a load to contend with for any team. We can keep deke and utilize him as a 12-18 minute back up for a few more years IMHO, which gives us the ability to put a shot blocker in there at times.

then we can concentrate on the wings and back up PG--this is also fluid--i mentioned a player from va tech that i liked --he lead the BE in scoring and was 4th in rebounding in 6-7 218 pd bryant matthews-we can look at trying to after flip murray rodney white--and have demarr really focus on getting his body stronger.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
4/14/2004  12:37 PM
I think your ahead of yourself Briggs... I'm still in the colecting young talent mode. Agree Sweetney would be the 4 of the future, but there is no reason we cant use Stro as a 3/4/5 combo player. We played Anthony Mason at the 3 for half a decade, maybe thats where Sweetney's destiny lays.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/14/2004  12:48 PM
If Sweetney developed a sweet realiable money jumper... He would be a GREAT 3.
As long as he could defend... he would make any team hard to handle.
But I don't think that will happen.
He'll probably stay at the 4.
fishmike
USA
4/14/2004  1:27 PM
Sweetney might never be more than a good role/bench player. Maybe he's a star, maybe Swift is, maybe neither are. The point is to get 3-4 core players in place for a long long and surround them with good role players. Only problem is the only two guys I see like that are TT and Marbury.

Time will tell
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/14/2004  4:22 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Sweetney might never be more than a good role/bench player. Maybe he's a star, maybe Swift is, maybe neither are. The point is to get 3-4 core players in place for a long long and surround them with good role players. Only problem is the only two guys I see like that are TT and Marbury.

Time will tell
Demarr and Sweets are core players. Knicks need to develop from within.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
4/15/2004  12:38 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I think your ahead of yourself Briggs... I'm still in the colecting young talent mode. Agree Sweetney would be the 4 of the future, but there is no reason we cant use Stro as a 3/4/5 combo player. We played Anthony Mason at the 3 for half a decade, maybe thats where Sweetney's destiny lays.
sorry to disagree, but there's no way sweets could play the 3. mace was a completely diffrent type of player. shorter, more agile, could handle the ball, could shoot the three.
i agree w/briggs, we can build from within and still address our weaknesses. center is one of them, and araujo seems like a hell of a pick-up. good hands, strong, athletic, & does'nt mind playing w/his back to the basket. a true center and were acting as if patrick's still here. if we could get him and someone like crawford, while getting rid of what we don't need, (kt,shandon,harington) we got ourselves an actual basketball team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2004  12:53 AM
if he gets thinner he can. He's already quick.
Memphis is so high on Stromile Swift

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy