[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with the number 1 pick in the draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/13/2004  1:46 PM
i now would select Josh Smith no questions asked. The first time I saw him I wasnt impressed with his body and really couldnt get a feel for his game--after watching and rewatching the hoops summitt Im convinced that this is the second coming of Dominique Wilkins maybe better. A true superstar player waiting to happen, a player who will be a disruptive player on the D[which is so so important when you think about guys like t mac who only play 1 side of the court] Im convinced about this kid, and I have seen every single game Ok4 has played since he was a freshmen and also viewing Dwight Howard. If Im picking number 1 in this draft, Im taking josh smith. we will have to wait and see--hes likely not going to first but will be top 5, but he will not only be an impact rookie, hes going to be an nBA superstar by year 2 or 3.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/13/2004  6:17 PM
What channel was the HoopsSummit on, I heard a Euro shut down Telfair and Smith dominated.

I think Smith is a McGrady/Bryant type, I like what I see from him.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/13/2004  8:20 PM
telfair played all right, no player from the other team slowed him or shut him down, he exposes himself by having a poor jumper but does have very nice quickness and court vision. ive seen him now several times against better players and while he has had a couple of moments, he has to many flaws for me. he needs school

i cant say enough about smith actually both smith's from the high school ranks should be lottery picks but josh to me sticks out from any player in college or high school because of his incredible explosion and his length of defense from the wing. this guy will be special because he plays 3 feet above the rim with power[although he is skinny] at 6-8 shows very nice ball handling skills and a very smooth J. Maybe Ok4s back injury kind of sticks in my mind a bit, but this kids skills at his age are incredible. Because he is so long 6-8 + can handle the ball and get his own shot from any place on the court effeciently but have the ability to rebound and you can see if properly trained will be a defensive nightmare against opponents, to me he stands out as the number 1 talent in this draft.
RIP Crushalot😞
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/14/2004  12:49 AM
The problems with Telfair are that he's really small (likely under 6' when the official measurements are released) and his average jumper.

There have been tons of great high school and college prospects who don't make it to the NBA for those two reasons. I wonder how he'd rank if any of these jumperless PGs were in his recruiting class: Brevin Knight, Mateen Cleaves, Wayne Turner...

Add 8 inches, and maybe he's the player that Lebron is.

I give no credence to the "basketball is in his blood" references to Stephon Marbury. Afterall, Zach Marbury came from the same womb as Stephon, but that didn't make him into the same player...

Certainly not worthy of the #1 overall pick... some scouts are beginning to wonder if he's even worthy of being drafted at all.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
with the number 1 pick in the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy