[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sweetny and FWills for Kwame?
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/13/2004  5:47 PM
A few more words: Tractor Traylor, Oliver Miller, Byron Houston, Gary Trent, C 'Spoon, Danny Fortson, Marcus Fizer, Corliss Williamson, Wayman Tisdale, Larry Johnson.

Not that I'm looking for him to fail... but some of these guys either started out chubby or have a propensity to get chubby if they stop working out for like a day. Most of these guys showed flashes of brilliance, either as just high profile college stars or for a handful of years in the pros before falling into mediocrity.

Posted by martin:
Posted by 1:

Sweets, who will likely never be able to dominate due to his height.

Two players: BWallace, CBarkley.

Sweets is neither but he has potential to dominate.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/13/2004  6:05 PM
I would keep Sweetney around because the way they've assembled the team, Kwame Brown isn't going to get shots in NY either.

Marbury takes a ton of shots, as does Houston (when healthy) and Tim Thomas. Now theres the emergence of DerMarr Johnson, and KT gets his number called on the pick and roll.

Sweetney is best for this team becuase he's so efficient at offensive rebounding and scoring when no sets are called for him.

The fact that Kwame and Sweetney are the same age would make me lean towards Sweetney, not Kwame, because Sweetney has shown more, in my opinion, in half a season than Kwame has in a few years.

You can't compare Kwame to JO at all, the only thing they have in common is they came out of HS. Kwame is unmotivated. You can't teach motivation, its inbred. You can't teach the hustle Sweetney has. I agree, Kwame is a great physical specimen, but he's uninterested in basketball and seems to get pulled over for doing 120 while either high or hammered in a Hummer in Georgia every summer.

Plus, the Wizards don't need Frank with Blake and Arenas already there. I don't think it would happen, and I wouldn't want Kwame, but that's just personal preference.
#Knickstaps
TheSage
Member: #386
4/13/2004  7:40 PM
Sweets has shown that he can be a career double double. He is a rebound machine and with reasonable developement can be 20-10+ guys some years. Always seems to show some thing new-last night it was a fould line jumper. Wouldn't give him up if we could avoid it.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/13/2004  8:24 PM
Sweets never being able to dominate due to his height? Have u even watched this kid? He has some great low post moves and is a monster on the offensive boards...and this is only his rookie season!

Franky will be great...but he wont be able to shine in NY now behind marbury. We can use him for another trade, but keep sweets.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/13/2004  10:36 PM
'Zards have a reputation for not developing big men[Howard, CWEBB, Wallace, Jahadi White] and now Kwame Brown.

Eny is on da money about Brown, and no way should Brown be compared to JO. Jermaine's heart is in his game, and it shows....even from the bench days in Portland. Everyone knew once he bolted from those bag of rocks in Portland, he would dominate. Same thing was said about T-Mac in Toronto. I would not be surprise if 'Zards left Brown unprotected.

Right now, the way Brown is playing puts him in contention for the most disappointing # 1 draft pick to date. Brown holla at Kandi.....Kandi holla at Brown
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Sweetny and FWills for Kwame?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy