[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sweetny and FWills for Kwame?
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
4/13/2004  1:38 PM
I think this is a realistic trad ebcuase it is hard to see the Wizards keeping Kwame. I think Kwame can be the next Jermaine and would be worth Fwills, who is almost useless to us, and Sweets, who will likely never be able to dominate due to his height.
AUTOADVERT
EnYKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #600
USA
4/13/2004  1:42 PM
No, i would give him more time. All he does is go out and hustle hard and seems to play well, give him starter minutes and see what he brings up and then bring up trade talks.. Sweetney keeps playing like this or better i wouldnt trade him at all. Why not think Sweets can be a great player?? He shows it..
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2004  2:08 PM
Posted by 1:

Sweets, who will likely never be able to dominate due to his height.

Two players: BWallace, CBarkley.

Sweets is neither but he has potential to dominate.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/13/2004  2:08 PM
Sweentey shows desire every second on the court.
Kwame shows desire every other game.

You want to roll the dice on who will have a more productive career? Fine... make it a one-for-one but don't trade Frank Williams in the deal who has a lot of upside himself.

Isiah can't be giving up two for one with the rest of our trade chips.
If Kwame doesn't work out, Isiah will have backed himself into a real corner with no more tradeable assets other than crappy picks and a few small expiring contracts.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
martin
USA
4/13/2004  2:09 PM
I would do this trade in a second.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/13/2004  2:20 PM
Posted by 1:

I think this is a realistic trad ebcuase it is hard to see the Wizards keeping Kwame. I think Kwame can be the next Jermaine and would be worth Fwills, who is almost useless to us, and Sweets, who will likely never be able to dominate due to his height.

Financially the trade would not work. I would definitely do the trade though if it wasn't for the money. Sweentey has very good potential but Kwame IMO can be a superstar in the league under the right guidance.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2004  2:47 PM
Kwame has a flaw that Jordan goofed when he drafted him: SMall hands!

This can be a problem for players that can be over come, but generally not enough to propel to superstar level.

I would not trade for him based on that, nor would I give up on our two for him. Marbury needs a back up, and Frank could grow into a very servicable guard in the league.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2004  3:09 PM
Ewing did ok with small hands.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
s3231
USA
4/13/2004  3:10 PM
Frank is better of on another team where he can get ample minutes. The kid has a ton of skills but he won't get to show them here in NY as long as Marbury is a Knick. Plus, the Knicks could rather use an athletic big man who has the potential to be a superstar in the league.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
martin
USA
4/13/2004  3:10 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Kwame has a flaw that Jordan goofed when he drafted him: SMall hands!

This can be a problem for players that can be over come, but generally not enough to propel to superstar level.

Ewing had notoriously small hands. Developed a pretty good shot with them.

Superstar level players usually have raw talent or athletisism or smarts. Tons of nba'ers have 1 or 2 of those. Some have 3. Those who have 2 or 3 and then add the work-ethic and heart can become superstars. Small hands or slower feet don't really amount to much compared to the rest.
bernard
Member: #475
4/13/2004  4:04 PM
This trade would hurt, but if it's available, we've got to make it. Right now, Sweets is my favorite knick. Guys all business. Almost always makes a positive impact on the game. Always plays hard. REBOUNDS like crazy. If he's on the team mid-season next year, I can't imagine he won't be starting. And I'm not a KT basher. Sweets just brings so much more.

Still, it's a whole lot easier to come up with a good NBA PF than a good center. And if we have a chance at one who's already pretty good and is very young with tons of upside, we got to pounce. We can always pick up a good PF w/ the MLE.

I'm not so concerned about letting FWill go. Think he can be a borderline starter/reserve for a long time in the league, but not a star. Best scenario is giving up FWill and KT and whoever else Chi wants other than Sweets or Steph, and taking back Kwame and a lousy contract!
s3231
USA
4/13/2004  4:08 PM
Posted by bernard:

This trade would hurt, but if it's available, we've got to make it. Right now, Sweets is my favorite knick. Guys all business. Almost always makes a positive impact on the game. Always plays hard. REBOUNDS like crazy. If he's on the team mid-season next year, I can't imagine he won't be starting. And I'm not a KT basher. Sweets just brings so much more.

Still, it's a whole lot easier to come up with a good NBA PF than a good center. And if we have a chance at one who's already pretty good and is very young with tons of upside, we got to pounce. We can always pick up a good PF w/ the MLE.

I'm not so concerned about letting FWill go. Think he can be a borderline starter/reserve for a long time in the league, but not a star. Best scenario is giving up FWill and KT and whoever else Chi wants other than Sweets or Steph, and taking back Kwame and a lousy contract!

You mean who Washington wants other than Steph and Sweetney
bernard
Member: #475
4/13/2004  4:17 PM
Oops. Good catch. Thanks.
Posted by s3231:
Posted by bernard:

You mean who Washington wants other than Steph and Sweetney
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/13/2004  4:20 PM
I would rather have Haywood than Kwame...

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 04/13/2004 16:22:59]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/13/2004  4:50 PM
Kwame hasn't shown anything.....at least not worth the trouble to trade 2 of our young guys for.

He hasn't shown flashes.

At least we know Sweetney could be a starter in this league and could be next year for the Knicks. Frank was the starter for the future until the Knicks got Marbury....Kwame ain't worht it.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/13/2004  5:03 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Kwame hasn't shown anything.....at least not worth the trouble to trade 2 of our young guys for.

He hasn't shown flashes.

At least we know Sweetney could be a starter in this league and could be next year for the Knicks. Frank was the starter for the future until the Knicks got Marbury....Kwame ain't worht it.

I agree with you on most of what you say.
I would trade Frank a 2nd rounder and an expiring or something like that for Brown... But I would NOT give away Sweetney.

I would also reiterate... I would much rather have Brendan Haywood than Kwame Brown. Haywood will be a very good player. I would hate to have to worry about someone's (Kwame) effort night in and night out.
martin
USA
4/13/2004  5:04 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

He hasn't shown flashes.

I don't know. That's like saying J. ONeil isn't worth it because in his first 3 years he didn't show anything. Kwame has shown flashes. Big ones. Intermittent ones. It could be that he has not had a good working environment. You have the rookie year, the Jordan year and this past year. Every year he has gotten better. How many different head coaches has he had in 3 years? 3?

Remember, both Sweetney and Kwame are the SAME age, and I would say that as of right now they both have the same upside potiential. Kwame is at least 4 inches taller. After that you have to look at their respective situations and individual efforts to get better.

I think the rules is if you can get bigger and more athletic (everything else being equal) you go for it.
s3231
USA
4/13/2004  5:10 PM
Yea I agree with Martin on this one. Kwame has definitely shown flashes that he can be a star in the league, he just needs the ball more and he needs to be more consistent. Believe me, this kid definitely has the stuff to be great. I would definitely trade Frankie and Sweets for Kwame if I could. But that deal doesn't work financially. As Martin said, Kwame has the same upside (more in my opinion) as Sweetney but is about 4 inches taller so you defintely take a risk on this one.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/13/2004  5:13 PM
Posted by martin:

I don't know. That's like saying J. ONeil isn't worth it because in his first 3 years he didn't show anything.

Kwame has had the playing time....J O'neal was buried on the bench for no reason, at least that's what Rasheed and all those guys have said.

At least we agree Sweets and Kwame is wash just about cuz their potential is equal....

Frank will be gone though....I just hope we get good value.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
USA
4/13/2004  5:23 PM
Kwame is getting 30 minutes a game and he is averaging 11 points and 7 rebounds. However, he is not getting shots. He has only attempted 589 shots, and he made 48.9% of them. Jarvis Hayes, Juan Dixon, Gilbert Arenas, and Larry Hughes all attempted more shots than him. A healthy Stackhouse would've done that too. He is getting the minutes, but he is not getting the ball. Trust me, he can easily average 16 points and 9-10 rebounds on this Knicks team in only 31 minutes if he gets the ball. Sweets has a very bright future to be a good NBA player, but Kwame IMO has the stuff to be great.
Sweetny and FWills for Kwame?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy