[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sowing the seeds....."moving on up"//////////
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2004  11:16 AM

I would rather see a Knick-Net series, but lets face it, winning is GOOD. I am rather impressed with this banged up bunch whom could have folded two weeks ago and looked like they were going to get shut out. Marbury was banged up, Allan out, and others hurting also!

But they have found ways to win, not great wins mind you, Gettng blown out against the nets and indy were not masterpieces, but they have at least elevated to the mid tier, and the bench play of Sweets and Demarr is nice for the future. Good young players! Sweets makes thomas expendable, or Sweets could get traded for perhaps a draft pick that thomas covets?

Management might prefer to lose to Detroit as losing to the nets hurts publically. Who knows, maybe it gives Sheed a good look at us and knowing he could be the big man here might be appealing?

In any event, Frank is back playing, bench play is strong, which pressures the starters for playing time, or that sense of urgency that pushes players to higher limits. TO vault to 6 seed will make the team better not just this year, but next.

And that pick to Phoenix loses more value!

( I am happy Lampe is getting lots of time in PHX, I still like the kid!)
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/13/2004  11:30 AM
right I'd love for them to win tommorow but there's no way they are beating Detroit. The Hornets have a better shot. Let them try to do it.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/13/2004  12:52 PM
Yea best case scenario is us winning tomorrow and the Hornets winning tomorrow. If that doesn't happen, then I just hope we will lose. I really don't want us to lose (especially since I'm going to the game tomorrow) but if its the difference between playing the Nets and playing the Pistons then I hope we lose tomorrow.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2004  1:34 PM
none of this matters if the Hornets beat the Wizards
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/13/2004  3:30 PM
Posted by Nalod:

In any event, Frank is back playing, bench play is strong, which pressures the starters for playing time, or that sense of urgency that pushes players to higher limits. TO vault to 6 seed will make the team better not just this year, but next.

100% right. a good bench is a real strenght. In a se7en games series, it can help a lot to put the pressure on the opposite bench.
We can gain back some ground. Good tfor the starters they're not the only one who can change the outcome of the game.

Detroit hasn't beaten us yet. I'd rather fight a half court team like them instead of the nets, since we matchup very bad with thei moving offense.

our backcourt is better than theirs. so the game is nearly even.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2004  7:56 AM
Good point, the post the AM says the same, we better against Detroit than trying to keep up with the Nets.

Six seed, go down 4-2 against detroit would make for a nice turnaround season and hope for next year. A few tweeks here, a blockbuster there, and next year can be fun!

Of course, an upset in the playoffs is always more fun!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/14/2004  9:08 AM
I think NY is trying to go into the playoffs with a win streak regardless of the seed they draw. It really doesn't matter - both are dangerous.

NJ are defending eastern conf champs and that accounts for something come playoff time - they have the experience and the skills. Add that in with the fact that JKidd and Kmart are egtting plenty of rest on the sidelines these days, they will be more than ready come game 1.

Detroit has become a very potent power in the east, especially now that Sheed is there + Larry Brown.

The Knicks are going to have to fight for their lives and its better if they go in on a positive note instead of sabotaging their win record so they can draw the 7 seed and possible get beat by the Nets. If you purposely lose to play a team and they beat you, especially if they are your cross the river rival - then you look that much worse. I am glad they beat NO, and I hope they win tonight so come game 1 they are on a high instead of limping.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Sowing the seeds....."moving on up"//////////

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy