[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Want Eddy Curry
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/12/2004  1:18 PM
According to the Chicago Tribune (go to HoopsHype.com/rumors.htm, you'll se it) Isiah Thomas "covets" Eddy Curry and it says perhaps the Bulls would take Kurt Thomas for Jerome Williams or Eddie Robinson and Eddy Curry because now the Bulls are all about work ethic and guys with determination.

If I am the Knicks I am calling up the Bulls and offering whatever they want to get Curry and/or Jamal Crawford. I think if Curry worked under the tutelage of Aguirre and Williams like Sweetney has he'd develop a work ethic and a toughness. I think he'll eventually get his act together.

Knicks should continue to look to get younger this offseason. Go for guys like Curry, not guys Layden would target like Clarence Weatherspoon.

The other day it said Houston and an expiring contract (Harrington or Trybanski) for Crawford and one of their bad contracts.

Imagine if Isiah could put it together and give them KThomas, Houston, and an expiring contract for Crawford and Eddy Curry and fillers. Team gets younger, more athletic, and more promising for the future. I'd try to get Curry before I give up KT to get Flip Murray.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/12/2004  1:23 PM
i like the idea because with a little discipline Eddy can certainly become a dominant center. However, Chicago has to be complete idiots to fall for this one.

Kwame Brown would be nice too

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/12/2004 13:30:37]
bernard
Member: #475
4/12/2004  1:36 PM
Getting Curry would be great. He's got so much upside, and you don't get a legit center w/o being very lucky or taking a risk. He's the perfect risk to take if it doesn't cost that much. KT for Curry + a bad contract is a great deal.

Not so sure about Crawford. Obviously, guy's got a world of talent, but open question if he'll ever develop a basketball IQ. For now, he takes way too many bad shots. Don't know if you need to take these kind of risks to get guards.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/12/2004  2:08 PM
Yea I saw this article, but would Chicago really be willing to give up Curry for Kurt Thomas? They could seriously get so many better offers for him. I think if Chicago trades Crawford or Curry they will package either on of them or maybe even both with their first-round pick. I would love it if Isiah could find a way to pry Curry away from the Bulls, but that will be very hard to do. Curry is a true C with so much potential. With Curry, I honestly believe the Knicks would be able to come out of the East. Thats how good the kid can be. Who knows though, maybe Chicago wants to trade Curry so that they can use their first round pick for a guy like Omeka Okafor who is known for his toughness.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/12/2004 14:10:47]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
4/12/2004  6:33 PM
Crawford just put up 50 the other game and according to Berman would like to play in NY. Both have shown glimpses of greatness (like TT and Nazr before, esp against NY in the garden). I hope IT pushes hard for those two.

But KT for Curry is too onesided. Sweetney makes more sense than KT. I'd be willing to give up Sweetney, FW... trade #1568315.

I think the KT resigning was wishful thinking on IT's part. His salary and his work ethic was either A. tradable, or B. a "reward" for being 'underpaid' while working hard (maybe to entice free agent signings for the MLE, etc.). Either way, when he's in his last year, then he'll be tradable. 4 year 30 million... I hope he gets traded during the summer.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/12/2004  8:20 PM
Curry has too much freaky upside it's not funny.
Crawford is the same.

Now I could see how some of these ideas could work but there are other young guys out there that are just as good that they could simply trade straight up for.

For instance....if Miami really wanted Curry they could trade Wade straight up cuz they are on the rookie contract. That's just an example.

Eddie Curry and Crawford on the Knicks would be too good to be true.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
USA
4/12/2004  11:04 PM
I think it will be very hard for us to land Curry. Crawford, however, I think we have a pretty good shot at landing. It would be very hard to get both of them, but hey you never know. To get Curry, we could offer KT, Frankie, and Sweetney and then take back Jerome Williams' bad contract. I think the Bulls would actually consider accepting that trade. To get Crawford we would have to do a sign and a trade, and we would have to take back a bad contract. Crawford would be a good pickup because we can't rely on Houston being healthy, so at least we would have a young SG who would be able to take his place. If we tried to get both Craw and Curry, we would probably send Houston, KT, Sweentey, Frankie, and maybe Othella and we would take back two of the Bulls' bad contracts in Jerome Williams and Antonio Davis. So even though it will be difficult to get either Crawford or Curry, that price we pay to get them will probably be well worth it.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Armondaone
Member: #379
4/12/2004  11:19 PM
Posted by s3231:

I think it will be very hard for us to land Curry. Crawford, however, I think we have a pretty good shot at landing. It would be very hard to get both of them, but hey you never know. To get Curry, we could offer KT, Frankie, and Sweetney and then take back Jerome Williams' bad contract. I think the Bulls would actually consider accepting that trade. To get Crawford we would have to do a sign and a trade, and we would have to take back a bad contract. Crawford would be a good pickup because we can't rely on Houston being healthy, so at least we would have a young SG who would be able to take his place. If we tried to get both Craw and Curry, we would probably send Houston, KT, Sweentey, Frankie, and maybe Othella and we would take back two of the Bulls' bad contracts in Jerome Williams and Antonio Davis. So even though it will be difficult to get either Crawford or Curry, that price we pay to get them will probably be well worth it.

i totally agree if we have to take on bad contracts to get a future center of the nba so be it. to tell you the truth a davis could be traded to another team. hes not great but he decent player. maybe we could send kt also and keep sweets. I don't know about that but i do know curry and steph would be a great start to a beautiful future.

i just wanted to add on that our future ending contracts will also bring in future valuble players. if it get curry ( the two hardest position to fill) i will forgive knicks management for talking so many max contracts just kidding.

[Edited by - armondaone on 04/12/2004 23:22:40]
s3231
USA
4/12/2004  11:28 PM
Posted by Armondaone:
Posted by s3231:

i totally agree if we have to take on bad contracts to get a future center of the nba so be it. to tell you the truth a davis could be traded to another team. hes not great but he decent player. maybe we could send kt also and keep sweets. I don't know about that but i do know curry and steph would be a great start to a beautiful future.

i just wanted to add on that our future ending contracts will also bring in future valuble players. if it get curry ( the two hardest position to fill) i will forgive knicks management for talking so many max contracts just kidding.

[Edited by - armondaone on 04/12/2004 23:22:40]

Yea we all know that to win it all you always need a great big man (Jordan was the exception). Curry has the talent to be that great big man. I think he would thrive here with Aguirre and Marbury as you mentioned. So I say we do whatever we can to go after the kid.
EnySpree

4/13/2004  11:51 AM
Eddie Curry has some of the best tools I've ever seen in basketball from the center position. When he get's it going he's shown he could be impossible to stop. He has shown great athleticism with those hammer dunks he throws down. His arms are long, body is wide, great jumping ability, you wonder why the kid can't get rebounds....that's the coaches fault. Aguirre, Herb and the rest of the Knicks staff with Isiah and Lenny, man......if the Knicks could get him at the start of the off season....Curry would definately be ready to ravage the league.

If the guy has no work ethic and has been in the league as long as he has, shouldn't he have been fined or benched? Shouldn't you enforce a good work ethic in your players? Do they even work with him? Crawfords game looks undisciplined.

He's just young and the Bulls organization doesn't seem to understand today's atheletes. Thing is the Bulls would have to really be swept away if they were gonna give away Eddie Curry. They tried to replace Crawford twice with Jay Williams and Hinrich....Crawford always showed his talent but was relegated to the bench every year except this one. I could see a Crawford trade....but Eddie Curry is something else.

Wow man Eddie Curry?
Knicks should move all hell and earth to get one of them. If they could get Eddie Curry man......Picture that fellas....the Knicks have Marbury.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

4/13/2004  11:56 AM
Frank Williams is a true point guard too from Illinois so that could be something the Bulls are looking for. Frank and Hinric could develop into a good backcourt....Hinric is like Hornecek and can shoot...Frank is known as a playmaker, good defender...that could work for them.

The key is taking back eddie robinson, or Davis.....i have no problem taking either or both.
s3231
USA
4/13/2004  12:49 PM
Realistically we have a better shot at Crawford than Curry. But I hope Isiah takes a shot at Curry. If Chicago just told everyone that Curry was now on their trading block, they would be getting so many good offers. So hopefully, Isiah can just talk to Paxson and somehow pry Curry away from the Bulls. I would start at something like KT, Frankie, and Sweetney for Curry and Jerome Williams. I wouldn't want to include Sweets but to land Curry we need him in the deal.
Armondaone
Member: #379
4/13/2004  4:58 PM
Posted by s3231:

Realistically we have a better shot at Crawford than Curry. But I hope Isiah takes a shot at Curry. If Chicago just told everyone that Curry was now on their trading block, they would be getting so many good offers. So hopefully, Isiah can just talk to Paxson and somehow pry Curry away from the Bulls. I would start at something like KT, Frankie, and Sweetney for Curry and Jerome Williams. I wouldn't want to include Sweets but to land Curry we need him in the deal.

would you take a davis and williams along with curry in a trade? ( just to let u know i would.)
s3231
USA
4/13/2004  5:15 PM
Posted by Armondaone:
Posted by s3231:

would you take a davis and williams along with curry in a trade? ( just to let u know i would.)

Of course I would take Williams and Davis along with Curry, they are both veterans that still play the game well. I especially like how Jerome plays, he is an aggresive rebounder who will go anywhere to get a loose ball (thats a kind of guy this team could use). BTW thats why I have included Williams and Davis in almost all of my trade proposals for Curry, not just because they have bad contracts, but because they can help us.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/13/2004  5:59 PM
I have no problem taking on these long contracts. Dolan's paying the bills, not me, and let's all get out of this illusion that the Knicks will one day be under the cap.

They can give the Knicks every bad contract they have, if they come away with Curry or Crawford you do it.

Plus, we've seen those contracts do have value in their last year and can yield nice players (McDyess+Ward<Marbury).
#Knickstaps
Knicks Want Eddy Curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy