Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/12/2004  12:48 PM
we certainly have more than 1 who has to go

i.e
Harrington
Nazr
Thomas

Harrington has the cheapest contract+ it is ending, while Thomas is a better player but now has an expensive price tag that would force us to take back something we may not want. Nazr would be my last choice because he's younger than Thomas, although I view him as a PF not a starting C in the NBA unless we had a 7 footer playing PF.

If they were interested in a Harrington for Murray + a 2mm$ ending contract, I would definitely be interested. If the wanted more like Nazr, I would do something like Murray their 1st round pick + a smallish crp contract for Nazr FW + our second round picks.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/12/2004  12:49 PM
i believe they have collison, and they are probably looking for either talent or a 1st round pick for ronald murray alone....
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/12/2004  1:09 PM
I think one that makes the most sense is Kurt Thomas for Calvin Booth and Flip Murray.

It says on Hoopshype.com that Seattle wants a PF who could school Collison, therefore I wouldn't think they'd want either Nazr or Harrington. Seattle gets to deal a very long contract in Booth as well.

Booth is an above-average shot blocker, which makes Mutumbo expendable (he probably already is expendable, it says that on Hoopshype.com as well.)

Murray is the type of combo guard I want the Knicks to get. Great scorer, very athletic, and can be a 1 or 2.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/12/2004  1:13 PM
Murray would be a good spark off the bench but I hate small shooting guards plus he is a turnover machine like no other.

...oh wait I forgot about Shandon Anderson
BRIGGS
4/12/2004  3:08 PM
thats why i didnt want to sign KT, i really would not want Calvin Booth back. If we had to give up Nazr and FW I would want back a reasonably high pick + Murray who would fit the bill as a back up who can play either 1 or 2 with athletiscm and can start as well. But in this league, a good big man like Nazr is valuable and I wouldnt give into anything less than Murray+ pick + a reasonable contract to make it work. Murray is viewed as a back up on most teams while Nazr would easily start PF for them at 6-10 and is a high effeciency player who can also shift to 5. The only way I would do it if we were getting a high enough pick to get a C like Arajuo. We can say stuff like we want eddie Curry till were red in the face but that isnt happening. We had 2 very nice draft selections last year--although it seems like 80% of message board posters did not want sweetney--and we will look back one day and sya it was very dumb to include Lampe in this deal when we gave up so much and took back 120mm in contracts or roughly 1/2 of the value of the pheonix franchise. I think Drafting is where we will improve. I thought that 4-5 years ago when we shouldve started doing such and i believe so now, but giving away first rounders and prospects has been a NYtrait going back sometime and it has never worked.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/12/2004  3:16 PM
but giving away first rounders and prospects has been a NYtrait going back sometime and it has never worked.

Lets be fair. I agree BUT Marbury is in a different class than Erick Strickland, Othella Harrington and Mark Jackson.

You KNOW from Isiah's history he will be dying for a project he can call his own TMac or Oneil. You can say we will never get a Kwame Brown or Eddie Curry but when we talked about Eisley and Ward a year ago you would have also said we will never get a Marbury. This year especially we will have some unique opportunities to trade into this draft and pick up some young players
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
4/12/2004  3:26 PM
we got marbury simply because we paid a price that was the steepest in NBA history by far in terms of salary coming back [by far the biggest key to the deal] and assets going out+ additional instant cap relief by releasing ward. Lampe was paid like a first rounder, was considered a high 1st rounder and certainly has 1st round talent 2 additional first rounder a and another very high 2[can all be construed as giving up 4#1 picks which is by far the biggest asset price paid in a trade] That is not including mcdyess who has comeback to be a good player again. Guys like kwame brown eddie curry dont have 100mm$ contracts those guys are 21-22 years old and just looking fom the other side there is nothing that the Knicks have that I want for either player considering we paid so much for marbury i highly doubt he is going anywhere.

if we had it back, I would NEVER EVER pay that price for marbury--i could care less what anyone thinks, we gave up to much considering all of the debt we took off the suns back. we needed to be much more patient with that trade and we werent--heck isiah made that trade 2 weeks after taking over a deal that huge should take more time than that--even if laydumb started it.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/12/2004  3:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

we got marbury simply because we paid a price that was the steepest in NBA history by far in terms of salary coming back [by far the biggest key to the deal] and assets going out+ additional instant cap relief by releasing ward. Lampe was paid like a first rounder, was considered a high 1st rounder and certainly has 1st round talent 2 additional first rounder a and another very high 2[can all be construed as giving up 4#1 picks which is by far the biggest asset price paid in a trade] That is not including mcdyess who has comeback to be a good player again. Guys like kwame brown eddie curry dont have 100mm$ contracts those guys are 21-22 years old and just looking fom the other side there is nothing that the Knicks have that I want for either player considering we paid so much for marbury i highly doubt he is going anywhere.

if we had it back, I would NEVER EVER pay that price for marbury--i could care less what anyone thinks, we gave up to much considering all of the debt we took off the suns back. we needed to be much more patient with that trade and we werent--heck isiah made that trade 2 weeks after taking over a deal that huge should take more time than that--even if laydumb started it.

wow...
Seattle looking for a PF

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy