[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

demarr or frank or houston will be cut off playoff roster
Author Thread
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
4/12/2004  1:25 AM
if houston has any chance to play they probably will leave demarr off the roster, or maybe frank. why aren't they talking about leaving shandon off?its a no brainer
Yes! - Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/12/2004  1:50 AM
Haha good point. Shandon will definitely screw something up. I'd rather give Dermarr the experience, and vs. a team like NJ they'll need athletes because NJ will be running so much. Dermarr is just as good of an athlete as Jefferson (in terms of running speed and jumping), even though he'll get pushed around becuase he probably couldn't bench press 50 pounds.

This should be a learning experience.
#Knickstaps
MaseInYourFace
Canada
4/12/2004  2:00 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Haha good point. Shandon will definitely screw something up. I'd rather give Dermarr the experience, and vs. a team like NJ they'll need athletes because NJ will be running so much. Dermarr is just as good of an athlete as Jefferson (in terms of running speed and jumping), even though he'll get pushed around becuase he probably couldn't bench press 50 pounds.

This should be a learning experience.

its really obvious-shandon doesnt contribute one thing. he is a huge minus
Yes! - Marv Albert
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/12/2004  2:18 AM
If Mutombo starts then I won't mind starting Demarr over Shandon. If Nazr starts then give me Shandon(and it hurts to say it lol)
MaseInYourFace
Canada
4/12/2004  2:28 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

If Mutombo starts then I won't mind starting Demarr over Shandon. If Nazr starts then give me Shandon(and it hurts to say it lol)

well one has to be left off the roster, not just coming off the bench.

you say that because youre thinking of the drop off on defense with nazr youd need shandons d over demarr. the thing is shandons d sucks anyhow, the only reason i think people think of him for his d is because is his offense is so bad.
Yes! - Marv Albert
gunsnewing
USA
4/12/2004  2:43 AM
"the only reason i think people think of him for his d is because is his offense is so bad."

I totally agree...that is exactly how I feel about Shandon!

but he's still a better defender than Demarr as of today. If Demarr had gotten more burn in the regular season he could've improved defensively but no we played Shandon Anderson instead! I still don't get why Lenny ended his consecutive games streak?! I was so happy when he did. Then it turned out it was all for nothing cos he played the next day
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/12/2004  2:43 AM
Leaving Shandon off the playoff roster will basically render him untradable for the next 2 seasons.
Only way I see that happening is if Dolan okays a buyout.
We need this guy off our roster one way or another.

I would love to see both Demarr and Frank on our playoff roster.
So many questions along with our seeding...
Good times...
gunsnewing
USA
4/12/2004  2:47 AM
In a perfect world Penny would start and Demarr would be the offensive spark off the bench. I think it's good that Demarr is on the floor along with Deke cos I've seen guys blow by Demarr quite a few times. Demarr is good for getting in a guy's face on a jumpshot. He just needs to work on his lateral movement on D and that should come with playing time.
MaseInYourFace
Canada
4/12/2004  2:56 AM
i dont know if shandons trade bait would go down much..how much further could it go?

can we start a petition to the knicks for them to leave shandon off?
Yes! - Marv Albert
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/12/2004  12:21 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:
Posted by gunsnewing:

well one has to be left off the roster, not just coming off the bench.

you say that because youre thinking of the drop off on defense with nazr youd need shandons d over demarr. the thing is shandons d sucks anyhow, the only reason i think people think of him for his d is because is his offense is so bad.

I love DJ as much as anyone else but at this point I would keep him off the roster for Shandon Anderson. Johnson is usually effective when he gets major minutes and that will not happen in the playoffs. Plus, have you guys seen Johnson play defense? He is just not ready defensively for the playoffs. In the Detroit game, Johnson could not stay with Prince at all. Same case in the Indiana game when Johnson had to guard Artest in the 3rd quarter. This is the playoffs, we are playing against the best. Thats why I would rather have Shandon Anderson on the playoff roster than DeMarr Johnson. Shandon is definitely a better player defensively than DeMarr. DeMarr is just not ready yet. He has come a long way though, so he should not be dissapointed at all if he is not on the playoff roster.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/12/2004 12:22:21]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
gunsnewing
USA
4/12/2004  12:36 PM
i think Demarr should be on the roster incase we need an offensive spark, which we don't have off the bench. Penny can't be counted on to shoot the ball well. In a perfect world Moochie would be off the active roster but if they're going to be stupid about it then make Frank inactive instead of Demarr. There's no need for 3 point guards unless 1 get injured. Maybe Lenny like playing moochie, frank and steph at SG over Demarr because they are better on the ball defenders. Who knows?! just start Deke so that he can single-handedly embarass the Nets with block after block.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/12/2004  12:52 PM
Yea I would rather have DeMarr on the roster than Frankie since Frank will probably get no minutes. But I would also rather have Shandon on the roster than DeMarr for defensive purposes. I think we can count on Penny for offense though. He really wants to get more involved and even when he is having a bad shooting night he usually finds a way to get to the line or get other players involved in the offense. LOL I also agree that Dikembe should start to embarass the Nets

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/12/2004 12:54:01]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/12/2004  3:26 PM
Houston should be left off the playoff roster....

The guy hasn't played and he's going to be a distraction when guys are getting ready to play and the media is constantly asking if he's ready to play....

That's a psychological hit in my opinion....it makes you think you lost before you even play. Houston should seriously be taken off the playoff roster. Regardless of what he's done for the organization or what he makes per year....he's hurt.....If the Knicks want to make noise they gotta get on a roll with the same crew...not shuffling Houston in and out of the line-up.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2004  3:53 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Houston should be left off the playoff roster....

The guy hasn't played and he's going to be a distraction when guys are getting ready to play and the media is constantly asking if he's ready to play....

That's a psychological hit in my opinion....it makes you think you lost before you even play. Houston should seriously be taken off the playoff roster. Regardless of what he's done for the organization or what he makes per year....he's hurt.....If the Knicks want to make noise they gotta get on a roll with the same crew...not shuffling Houston in and out of the line-up.

yeah, but then you talk to someone like Riles and his HUGE mistake of keeping Doc on the IR way back when and you see why it's done. Maybe not for the first round, but he could come back if the Knicks make it any further.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2004  9:49 AM
everyone like Dermaar better than Shandon for obvious reasons, but come playoffs you go with the veteran. Dermaar had a good game but a week ago he was totally lost on defense and Prince dunked on about 5 backdoor plays in one quarter.

I like Dermaar's future with us, but this is the time for the veteran players to show their worth, and Shandon did play well in years past with Utah.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
demarr or frank or houston will be cut off playoff roster

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy