[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we have drafted Jarvis Hayes or Mike Sweetney?
Author Thread
flex
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #441
4/11/2004  4:24 PM
Just curious to see how people feel about our 1st round pick after a full NBA season. We picked Sweetney 9th overall and Hayes went 10th overall to the Wizards. Did Layden get it right? And who do you think Isiah would have drafted?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/11/2004  5:03 PM
I think Isiah would have drafted Sweetney also....
Right now Hayes would seem better cuz Houstons been out. Sweetney continues to show what he's worth. I can't wait till next season. Sweetney might come into training camp next year as the Knicks best option at the power forward spot.

Sweetney had a rough first year but showed patience and poise. If the Miami Heat or Toronto or Milwaukee drafted Sweetney maybe he would have at least been invited to the Rookie Game and been more of a factor because of the minutes available on those teams.

Sweetney showed us against Washington what he could do. He shows us every game. The guy is quick and agile. He's scary down low cuz he reacts so well and gets to the basket and has great instincts in attacking the basket. He has great positioning and timing to get tough rebounds. He runs the floor....It's scary to see what he might do after having his first off season knowing what he has to do to stay in shape. Sweetney could produce Carlos Boozer numbers next year....

Mike Sweetney has tremendous upside.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
4/11/2004  10:06 PM
Posted by flex:

Just curious to see how people feel about our 1st round pick after a full NBA season. We picked Sweetney 9th overall and Hayes went 10th overall to the Wizards. Did Layden get it right? And who do you think Isiah would have drafted?

i went to U of GA for a year with Jarvis Hayes, he single handedly gave the bulldawgs a championship caliber team, they were literally robbed in the tourney..moron ref called an intentional foul on the dawgs when they were trying to foul at the end of the game, down by one. OBVIOUSLY they are fouling intentionally, the stupidity of referees can be amazing. other team got 2 shots and the ball or whatever. the next year the program was screwed over by the university's scandal and they pulled the team out of the tourney themselves, a stupid move in my opionion.

anyhow hayes is awesome..sweet touch, can drive, good stregnth.

dunno who will turn into a better pro though
Yes! - Marv Albert
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2004  12:01 AM
With Houston on board and Spree/KVH in the ranks I guess you have to go big. And I think the general rule is that all other things being equal, draft big.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Should we have drafted Jarvis Hayes or Mike Sweetney?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy