D'Antoni knows he is a goner.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/22/2013  3:19 PM
Great! I don't understand MDA - I've wanted to like him, but he is so in love with his own ****, he can't get out of his way.

What is the Laker deal- 4 years, or 5?

Never has a coach fooled more people than

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/22/2013  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2013  3:31 PM
D'Antoni was never a good relationship guy with his stars. Always clashed passive aggressively with players not named Nash. He's a system coach, simple as that. Doesn't have the ego management skills of Phil, the fire and brimstone of Pat Riley, the X and 0 execution of Sloan, the disciplinarian no nonsense approach of Popovich. He is who he is, a glorified stubborn offensive coordinator who's sometimes out of touch on the pulse of his teams, and hardly makes necessary adjustment in game or in philosophy.

-See rifts with Amare(Phx), Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury, Carmelo Anthony, Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/22/2013  3:33 PM
franco12 wrote:Great! I don't understand MDA - I've wanted to like him, but he is so in love with his own ****, he can't get out of his way.

The biggest con artist in NBA coaching history. My question is how does he keep getting these jobs, while other players like Patrick Ewing, and numerous assistant coaches can't land anything.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/22/2013  3:34 PM
I wish they can fire him so Rockets can hire him after they fire McHale.
blkexec
Member: #748
4/22/2013  3:39 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:D'Antoni was never a good relationship guy with his stars. Always clashed passive aggressively with players not named Nash. He's a system coach, simple as that. Doesn't have the ego management skills of Phil, the fire and brimstone of Pat Riley, the X and 0 execution of Sloan, the disciplinarian no nonsense approach of Popovich. He is who he is, a glorified stubborn offensive coordinator who's sometimes out of touch on the pulse of his teams, and hardly makes necessary adjustment in game or in philosophy.

-See rifts with Amare(Phx), Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury, Carmelo Anthony, Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant

He's a great assistant coach, or college coach. Not fit for the NBA head coaching job. You would think he learned from his stint in NY....Just like football, he's an offensive coordinator. But if you notice something, he's starting to suck at that also. Unless he has certain types of players and stars. In other words, the moon and stars must be aligned for him to be successful. You can say that for all rookie coaches.

I never liked him....Mainly because the local fans I knew in Tucson, AZ didn't like him. I gave him the benefit of doubt since he was coaching NY, but it didn't take long to realize he wasn't the coach for us. Woodson isn't perfect, but he's better than Danfoni.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
3G4G
Member: #4333

4/22/2013  3:50 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I wish they can fire him so Rockets can hire him after they fire McHale.

Keep him far away from that team....

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2013  4:14 PM
SAS sounds like his SNL counterpart. Dude is lost his cred.

I love MDA's arrogance!!! I love coaches who know are bigger then their team!

I don't give two shyts or a phuch about the guy or the lakers, or anyting SAS says. He talks on both sides of his mouth!

Owes Kobe an apology? For what, its well known Kobe is note easy to work with and a ball stopper. Pau has not been right most of the year and Dwight has been getting better thru the season. Kobe eats a lot of shots.

Phuch Kobe, phuch dwight and phuch MDA but the guy gives good sound bites.

Just cuz he don't like Melo don't mean we can't like the guy a little. Karl was happy to get rid of Melo two.

So what, Knicks doing well, Woodson got a good relationship with Melo and thats all that counts.

SAS sells controversy and will create it if its not there.

I love Larry Brown, Phil Jax, MDA, Don Nelson, Karl, and Pop as they speak the truth and don't care about "feelings"!
MDA was not the right coach for the knicks. Phil, the no. 1 of all time blasted Kobe in his book.

MDA is not here anymore guys, get over it.

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/22/2013  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2013  5:02 PM
MDA isn't bigger than the Lakers or Kobe...Kobe has 5 rings for that Franchise, MDA zero...MDA shyts on Pau, one of the nicest dudes in the NBA and you are trying to turn it into a Melo thing...MDA won't be a footnote in Laker lore, Kobe is already a giant...
Dagger
Member: #4184

4/22/2013  5:06 PM
holfresh wrote:MDA isn't bigger than the Lakers or Kobe...Kobe has 5 rings for that Franchise, MDA zero...MDA shyts on Pau, one of the nicest dudes in the NBA and you are trying to turn it into a Melo thing...MDA won't be a footnote in Laker lore, Kobe is already a giant...

Agreed, his campaign against Pau was wrong. Pau did nothing to deserve the way MDA treated him. When you're PJAX with tons of rings you can criticize Kobe because you're a proven champion. MDA's greatest accomplishment is managing to create a career off of Nash's greatness.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/22/2013  6:04 PM
franco12 wrote:Great! I don't understand MDA - I've wanted to like him, but he is so in love with his own ****, he can't get out of his way.

Larry "Juice Card" Brown

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/22/2013  6:57 PM
The guy is so flawed and so ineffective I don't know if this is where you lay into him. Maybe as SAS did, you bring a lot of that stuff up. But to piggy back on Chuck's list of guys that he had conflicts with you could include, Al Harrington, Larry Hughes, Darko Millic, and if you add guys that said they were not communicated with or banished, Moz ( wanted to leave the nba), Hill, Randolph. If you include Nate that is 7 guys from one season where there were no expectations. The guy sucked really bad in NY. Not sure how he ever got a job in LA and then to bench Pau? WTF. He just doesn't get it and the worst part is I don't think he realizes that he is doing the wrong things.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

4/22/2013  8:19 PM
Amy people wonder why I coined the term "Mike Danphoney" when he 1st came to the Knicks.LOL
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/22/2013  10:04 PM
D'Antoni doesn't care what people think as long owners keep paying him far more than he's worth.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/22/2013  10:07 PM
he does have a major problem with his communication to his players, make no mistake about his coaching abilities, but he has issues besides that.

I still trip off the way he handle Marbury at a time we desperately need a pg, basically saying i would rather lose games and get humiliated on a nightly bases then play this guy.

ES
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
4/23/2013  12:39 AM
Whether one likes Stephen A or dislike him...dislike or like Skip, there is nothing said in that clip that isn't 100% true. Any knowledgable fan without a bias or an agenda can see what D'Antoni is all about. To defend him, at this point, is to make yourself look pretty silly. The guy is just a bad coach who rode Nash's coattail to fame. He has an ego for no reason at all. He has become a joke in this league. I am so glad he is not coaching the Knicks these days.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/23/2013  6:26 AM
Nalod wrote:SAS sounds like his SNL counterpart. Dude is lost his cred.

I love MDA's arrogance!!! I love coaches who know are bigger then their team!

I don't give two shyts or a phuch about the guy or the lakers, or anyting SAS says. He talks on both sides of his mouth!

Owes Kobe an apology? For what, its well known Kobe is note easy to work with and a ball stopper. Pau has not been right most of the year and Dwight has been getting better thru the season. Kobe eats a lot of shots.

Phuch Kobe, phuch dwight and phuch MDA but the guy gives good sound bites.

Just cuz he don't like Melo don't mean we can't like the guy a little. Karl was happy to get rid of Melo two.

So what, Knicks doing well, Woodson got a good relationship with Melo and thats all that counts.

SAS sells controversy and will create it if its not there.

I love Larry Brown, Phil Jax, MDA, Don Nelson, Karl, and Pop as they speak the truth and don't care about "feelings"!
MDA was not the right coach for the knicks. Phil, the no. 1 of all time blasted Kobe in his book.

MDA is not here anymore guys, get over it.

The difference with the other coaches you mention is that they speak the truth to their players. Dantoni I lets barbs fly in the media but guys report he doesn't talk with them and that they have no idea what is going on.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

4/23/2013  6:26 AM
blkexec wrote:

The biggest con artist in NBA coaching history. My question is how does he keep getting these jobs, while other players like Patrick Ewing, and numerous assistant coaches can't land anything.

LOL, Patrick Ewing??

Check D'Antoni's coaching record. It's insulting to everyone here when you put Patrick Ewing in the same sentence as D'Antoni when talking about coaching.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
4/23/2013  7:10 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:D'Antoni was never a good relationship guy with his stars. Always clashed passive aggressively with players not named Nash. He's a system coach, simple as that. Doesn't have the ego management skills of Phil, the fire and brimstone of Pat Riley, the X and 0 execution of Sloan, the disciplinarian no nonsense approach of Popovich. He is who he is, a glorified stubborn offensive coordinator who's sometimes out of touch on the pulse of his teams, and hardly makes necessary adjustment in game or in philosophy.

if not for D'Antoni, we'd probably still have Nate.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
4/23/2013  11:17 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
blkexec wrote:

LOL, Patrick Ewing??

Check D'Antoni's coaching record. It's insulting to everyone here when you put Patrick Ewing in the same sentence as D'Antoni when talking about coaching.

Record? Well, if a person subscribes to the notion that D'Antoni rode Nash to glory like I do, you'd look at his record minus Nash.

Dantoni's record before and after the Suns is 198-336. Pretty bad. And if you add the lockout season in Denver (14-36), his record is 212-372.

That's 4 teams. Only 1 out of 4 teams that he has coached has been considered good.

He's not a good coach.

As for the Ewing comment, look, Mark Jackson was 0-0 before last season. It's basically "bad coach" verses "inexperienced coach". A lot of people feel like hey why not give the Mark Jacksons of the world a chance. Ex-great player turned coach. To some, Ewing falls into that category.

But I digress. Back to D'Antoni and his con game.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
D'Antoni got roasted

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy