[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

82 game vs 16 game season
Author Thread
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

4/22/2013  11:43 AM
Apparently some people just aint built for the post season but i'm sure we still should've overpaid for him

Rockets' Lin has disastrous playoff debut
POST STAFF REPORT
Last Updated: 10:44 AM, April 22, 2013
Posted: 10:41 AM, April 22, 2013

Remember a year ago when fans were clamoring that Jeremy Lin was going to be the point guard of the future for the Knicks, leading them to playoff victories and perhaps even a title?

After he missed the Knicks' brief playoff run last season with a torn meniscus in his , Lin made his playoff debut with the Rockets on Sunday night, and it was anything but pretty.

Lin was one reason the Rockets got crushed by the Thunder, 120-91, as he was awful from the field, scoring four points on 1-for-7 shooting and had as many assists (four) as turnovers. The four points matched a season low for Lin, who averaged over 13 points and six assists per game during the regular season. His defense was not much better as Oklahoma City star Russell Westbrook torched Lin with a near triple-double: 19 points, eight rebounds and 10 assists.

The Knicks beat the Celtics in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series 85-78, and their point guard, Raymond Felton, was a bit better than Lin. Felton had 13 points four rebounds and six assists.

AUTOADVERT
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
4/22/2013  11:45 AM
This game wasn't on Lin. Everyone was bad for Houston. This is what happens when you have the most inexperienced playoff team in league history. Lin will be fine, but he's going to be fine down the road.

I'm happy we have Ray though. Good or bad, he's experienced and has played well for most of the season.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/22/2013  11:52 AM
So the 16 game season is now 1/16th complete. Great thread!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2013  1:24 PM
ActionJackson wrote:Apparently some people just aint built for the post season but i'm sure we still should've overpaid for him

POST STAFF REPORT

Remember a year ago when fans were clamoring that Jeremy Lin was going to be the point guard of the future for the Knicks, leading them to playoff victories and perhaps even a title?

After he missed the Knicks' brief playoff run last season with a torn meniscus in his , Lin made his playoff debut with the Rockets on Sunday night, and it was anything but pretty.

Lin was one reason the Rockets got crushed by the Thunder, 120-91, as he was awful from the field, scoring four points on 1-for-7 shooting and had as many assists (four) as turnovers. The four points matched a season low for Lin, who averaged over 13 points and six assists per game during the regular season. His defense was not much better as Oklahoma City star Russell Westbrook torched Lin with a near triple-double: 19 points, eight rebounds and 10 assists.

The Knicks beat the Celtics in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series 85-78, and their point guard, Raymond Felton, was a bit better than Lin. Felton had 13 points four rebounds and six assists.

can I ask what the point of this thread is? To emphasis that Lin had a bad game against one of the best teams in the league? To show that this 1 game is an explicit and end-all example of why the Knicks shouldn't have matched his contract offer?

Hypothetically, if Lin has a dominating game is the opposite point made?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/22/2013  1:38 PM
martin wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:Apparently some people just aint built for the post season but i'm sure we still should've overpaid for him

POST STAFF REPORT

can I ask what the point of this thread is? To emphasis that Lin had a bad game against one of the best teams in the league? To show that this 1 game is an explicit and end-all example of why the Knicks shouldn't have matched his contract offer?

Hypothetically, if Lin has a dominating game is the opposite point made?

Exactly, this one's for the I told you so crowd. It's the bad part and parcel of being a phenomenon.

People will always be emotionally invested in dear Jeremy because he's Exhibit A for the "Our Owner as Number One Galactically Stupid Douche of the Solar System" crowd.

He drops 30 points in a playoff game, and there will be threads galore about what a douche Melo was for driving out our one chance at Clyde part 2.

Just another point of polarization in Lumpy Land.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2013  1:49 PM
jrodmc wrote:Just another point of polarization in Lumpy Land.

That was kind of my thought, that this was no more than just another polarizing thread.

Action, is there anything else here? You didn't really add much to your opening post.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/22/2013  1:52 PM
Westbrook also did his damage when he was being checked by Beverley. Lin was horrible last night but his defense was not the problem.
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

4/22/2013  2:40 PM
martin wrote:

That was kind of my thought, that this was no more than just another polarizing thread.

Action, is there anything else here? You didn't really add much to your opening post.

Nope just firing a shot across the bow of those who would've created the same thread if Lin would've dropped Westbrook's numbers. I dont dislike Lin but i dont like the whiners here who act like he was the 2nd coming of Magic. That said I do think it's a valid point to make that based off of last year & so far this year Jeremy does seem to shrink under the intense glare of the post-season.

Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

4/22/2013  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2013  3:22 PM
ActionJackson wrote:
martin wrote:

Nope just firing a shot across the bow of those who would've created the same thread if Lin would've dropped Westbrook's numbers. I dont dislike Lin but i dont like the whiners here who act like he was the 2nd coming of Magic. That said I do think it's a valid point to make that based off of last year & so far this year Jeremy does seem to shrink under the intense glare of the post-season.

But maybe if we stopped creating these threads on both sides of the Lin love/hate spectrum we could stop them from appearing altogether. You think making yet another thread about "Jeremy Win" the legend is going to make his fanboys cool down? They're only going to strike back harder. Besides, one playoff game does not make a reputation.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/23/2013  3:00 PM
Dagger wrote:
ActionJackson wrote:
martin wrote:

But maybe if we stopped creating these threads on both sides of the Lin love/hate spectrum we could stop them from appearing altogether. You think making yet another thread about "Jeremy Win" the legend is going to make his fanboys cool down? They're only going to strike back harder. Besides, one playoff game does not make a reputation.

I think this has happened already for quite some time already. Almost all of Lin postings from Lin fans are made in the "Other Games" thread. I don't recall anybody making any new threads about Lin ever since that thread was created.

82 game vs 16 game season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy