[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Mike Sweetney a franchise PF?
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/10/2004  10:41 PM
Sweetney is good. He is good in the paint and once he develops a mid range jumper he will be very very good. Plus, he is good rebounder and defender. He will be a good off the bench player for us in the playoffs. I am pretty sure he will be good on Kenyon Martin.

Question: Is Sweetney ready to be a Franchise PF? Can he have an 'impact player' game soon? Does he show the potential to be ranked with Zach Randolph in 1 or 2 years?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
EnYKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #600
USA
4/10/2004  10:45 PM
Maybe...... Keeps impressing but i like Randolph better.....
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/10/2004  10:52 PM
in a couple years? ya i think he is a franchise PF
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/11/2004  1:19 AM
Wow, what a Knick Fan!!

I think it is an incredible reach at this point to talk about franchise or to compare him to Zach Randoph. ZR's game is so sick in the paint and Sweets is basically Marcus Camby in a true PF's body. I like that he is big but also quick and agile. I like that he plays hard. I think he has a lot of upside but only time will tell.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/11/2004  2:12 AM
randolph is a good player but it is not a stretch to think that sweetney can be on his level or even better, sweetny IMO is already just as good as zach in rebounding, he just needs more polish and that comes with playing time....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
4/11/2004  2:33 AM
I don't think he needs to be Zack Randolph. I think with more minutes and confidence placed into him, he could average 11 points, 10 rebounds. That would make him a more than solid starter. But sometimes he has moves that make you think he has potential to be great. He's only 21 and I would love to see him if not be the starter than the first big man off the bench.

Did you see that one move at the end of the Wizards game to tie the game? When he pumped and reversed around Etan Thomas? Sick! We might have a poor man's Elton Brand.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/11/2004  2:53 AM
randolph or not, he can be a star. He's young and for once, he's on our team !

I keep being impressed with him. How he made those strides in so little time. Aguire and him should spend the entire summer together !
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/11/2004  2:54 AM
In fact, sweet development is a direct consequence of IT coming in NY.

So IT is not only about the marbury trade.
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
4/11/2004  2:15 PM
Sweets ranks #2 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(6.7)

For crazy stats, dial 1-800-FRENCHIE
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/11/2004  2:35 PM
First I never said he couldn't be a ZR, I just said it this point it is a reach. He potentially could be as good as the best, (minus Tim Duncan), but could definitely develop into Zach or even Elton Brand.

Somoene already said but yes he is young and for once he is on our team. That up and under move was nothing short of incredible, from a 6-10 260 guy. It was Jordan-esque. But yeah I hope he keeps up wit this developement. I hope Kareem and Vinn Baker can teach him a few things about how to score in the paint.

Speaking of scoring in the paint that spin around on the baseline that he did was also incredible. It was worthy-esque. It is hard to believe someone of his size can move so quickly.

Yeah guys come to think of it, he could really become something very, very special.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/11/2004  2:39 PM
Speaking of Sweetney's athleticism, I remember last year in the Big East tournament Sweetney went from end to end and finished with a ridiculous reverse layup much like the one last night but at a much faster speed. After hitting that move I thought he'd do alright.

Sweetney keeps working in the weight room, keeps working with Aguirre and Herb Williams, and works on his post moves and he could easily become one of the best PFs in the East and a top PF in the NBA.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/11/2004  4:56 PM
Yeah I agree with toodarkmark, He can be our franchise PF just by averaging 12 & 13. Ben Wallace is the Piston's franchise player because of his value to the team. Why can't Sweetney be one?? I still want the next Patrick Ewing to wear a Knick uniform though and play center. Then we'll be set

If we do get Rasheed I hope we play him at SF. But I like TT too much I don't know. Let's just not get Rasheed. We problably have no chance at getting him anyway.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/11/2004  5:26 PM
Please stop talking about Rasheed. He he comes God bless us....

Sweetney is here and the kid has won us over and we've only been seeing him play consistantly since around the trading deadline.

Is he a franchise power forward? Well signing Kurt Thomas will probably back fire on the Knicks because Sweetney would need minutes to become the player we all think he could be.
If Isiah doesn't resign Baker, and trades Othella and Kurt then Sweetney could very well become the premier power forward for the Knicks.

I trust Isiah is watching Sweetney. Then again I know if Isiah has a deal that he can't refuse Sweetney is gone. I'd hate to see him go in a trade. If Sweetney has a great post season I can't see Isiah moving him.

It's gonna be an awesome off season.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TLover
Member: #381
USA
4/11/2004  7:56 PM
I've been very impressed with Sweetney and he can be a valuable playoff player. I only wish he were about 2 inches taller. He's listed at 6'8 but closer to 6'7 which can be a little short for a
low-post power forward.
I have no problem if he's our starting 4 next season. Getting
Stromile Swift a tall, shot blocking, athelic 4 that can provide the things that Sweetney can't do as well would be a great compliment to him.
EnySpree

4/11/2004  8:44 PM
Posted by TLover:

I've been very impressed with Sweetney and he can be a valuable playoff player. I only wish he were about 2 inches taller. He's listed at 6'8 but closer to 6'7 which can be a little short for a
low-post power forward.
I have no problem if he's our starting 4 next season. Getting
Stromile Swift a tall, shot blocking, athelic 4 that can provide the things that Sweetney can't do as well would be a great compliment to him.

Thing with that is the Isiah signed KT...if KT walked next season the Knicks could be actually think like that. I got a feeling KT will still be a Knick next year.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
RonRon
Member: #246
4/12/2004  6:34 AM
i know its still early but how does this trade sound to u guys.
KT + Mutombo
2nd rders
for

Antonio Davis and 1st round pick

I know antonio davis isnt what he use to be, but i feel this is closer to a realistic trade than many of the other ones on the board.

Chicago gives up a pick but clears some salary and Antonio Davis just isnt puting up the numbers for the salary he is making. He still got a good couple years in his contract.

Knicks gain another underachiver that is undersized that can play some center and a possibly a pretty high pick.

any thoughts?
EnySpree

4/12/2004  8:09 AM
I doubt Chicago is gonna give up a pick....
Just imagine if the decide to trade Crawford...
They are gonna need the pick to possibly draft a shooting guard.

Chicago has a fleet of big men over there that are much more athletic and younger than KT.

I don't know what we are gonna do....
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/12/2004  10:21 AM
they should trade good for a good shooting or center
Is Mike Sweetney a franchise PF?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy