[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Are we really this bad ?
Author Thread
prowler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #135
USA
11/19/2001  7:59 PM
Are we really this bad or are we simply underachieving ? And if we are what do we do ? Anyone who has been a knick fan for a while knows that the knicks play on emotion and right now there is one. There is No luv, No comraderie, No swagger, No pep, No nothing besides negativity. It brings me to another question who is responsible for the overall morale of the team? Is it VG or is it the players individually ? Whom ever it is they are failing miserably. At this point I am determined to believe that the so called leaders of our team need to make a conscious effort to get the guys together despite all the negativity and develope a bond and a belief in each others ability and then and only then are we gonna see a better team. Trades even though we need a few personell moves is not the the surefire answer it is the present players of the knicks that has to return the knicks to the hardcore ,energetic, rutheless, leave it on the floor knicks we know and luv. One personell move i am in total disagreement with is the moving of Latrell Sprewell because he exemplifies what it is to be a knick with his burning passion to win at all cost. The chemistry needs tweaking u know a few more hugs, high fives, pats wouldnt hurt we have tried everthinh else is it not worth a shot. Every knick needs to take the chip of their shoulder check it at the MSG door and hey go out there on the floor as buddies and have fun after all it is a game.(especially Houston and Sprewell because there is visible tension and nobody wants to talk about it)

PEACE
knicker for life
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/19/2001  8:43 PM
One word: Layden

Seriously, I do agree however that we don't have the fire the Knicks had in the early 90's when we had players like Oak, Starks, Mase, X-Man. We don't have this toughness anymore, no team is scared to play our team anymore. We are just too small inside and Spree should be playing at the 2. Houston is too soft to be considered an All-Star and his D is simply unacceptable. Q and Piatkowski combined for like 35 points at the 2 in their last game, there's no use for Houston to score 18-20 points per game if we're gonna get out-scored at the 2. We need an inside presence that has a post-game. Thomas is too much about jumpers and Camby doesn't even have any post-moves. Harrington is sound but it's not good enough. We need someone that can take the pressure off Spree and Houston offensively.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2001  9:11 PM
You know what.... just watched the Vikings return the opening kick against the Giant, and I say the Knicks hire one or two of those kickoff return guys. They always seem fired up. Just have them warm up with the guys, have them in the huddle, and if Houston make one of his bonehead plays (pick one), the intimidation factor can always employeed. Those guys would play for the league minimum, wouldnt they?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/19/2001  9:23 PM
All i have to say is when Camby comes back we will be fine, but one good move will make us a great team. Stoudamire being available is a great opportunity to get a great scoring point guard and we also need to make moves for guys like Marc Jackson and Raef LaFrentz without getting rid of any of our big guns. Just give this team time cuz they'll come around.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/20/2001  3:46 AM
I'm not sure tradin for offensive players with no D is going to help in the current situation. Due to the lack of height we are already totally exposed when AH and Jax are playing so a small mighty mouse who sux at D isn't the answer. With an other coach with other plays it would be a nice move. Marc though has the Knick quality of old so I'd be very pleased if we got him, he's one crazy mofo.
Are we really this bad ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy