[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I would trade Kmart if I were the Nets
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/9/2004  4:53 PM
he wants the max and facing the possibility of Jefferson's pay day coming up[which WILL be a max] I would sign and trade Kmart to Denver for pick 15 and skita[a bust that would be an ending contract of 3mm] and send that pick to Orlando who wants to get rid of Gooden. Gooden could be BETTER than Kmart once he starts to play NJ basketball and play with Kidd and even if hes not, hes a solid young cheap option who will give them similar numbers IMHO. With their own pick I would look for a substitute for Kittles and Kirk Snyder atleast to me makes the most sense for the Nets because he should be available, he has nice size and athletiscm and can play right away. Add in Kristic and they reloaded quite a bit while getting rid of salary complications.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/9/2004  7:38 PM
You think there would be any chance the Nets could trade Kenyon and their first round pick for the Magic's 1st round pick (if it was number one or 2 pick in Draft)? Then the Nets would be able to draft Okafor or Dwight Howard. Maybe the Nets could also take back Juwann Howard or someone else in return who Orlando would be happy to let go of. I actually think Orlando might do a deal like this. What do you think? The thing is, if your New Jersey, do you want to take a gamble on a rookie for one of your best players? I think it would be a good gamble because NJ will never win an NBA title with only Kidd, Jefferson, and Martin.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/09/2004 19:40:33]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/10/2004  7:17 AM
Kmart is not worth the max. check out who the max players are, and compare their games to Kmart.

Which team would do that ?
s3231
USA
4/10/2004  11:05 AM
We know he is not worth the max. Thats why we were trying to think of trades to send him elsewhere.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/10/2004 11:06:11]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2004  11:26 AM
Posted by s3231:

You think there would be any chance the Nets could trade Kenyon and their first round pick for the Magic's 1st round pick (if it was number one or 2 pick in Draft)? Then the Nets would be able to draft Okafor or Dwight Howard. Maybe the Nets could also take back Juwann Howard or someone else in return who Orlando would be happy to let go of. I actually think Orlando might do a deal like this. What do you think? The thing is, if your New Jersey, do you want to take a gamble on a rookie for one of your best players? I think it would be a good gamble because NJ will never win an NBA title with only Kidd, Jefferson, and Martin.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/09/2004 19:40:33]

Kidd has about 3 really good years left in the league, so you have to take a shot at the title each year. Drafting a #1 or #2 - even if it is Okafor - would basically mean starting over for this team. What does Okafor bring that KMart does not?

What NJ really needs is their bench players to step up. Rogers, whoever is in the middle, LHarris, etc. have to be HUGE come playoff time. The weird thing for the NJ franchise is not that they do not have the right players - they are exciting as hell to watch - it is that they play in a place which does not draw attendance. If this same team was say in NYC, we would not even be having this discussion.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
s3231
USA
4/10/2004  11:46 AM
Well the nets could lose Martin for nothing and Briggs was talking about ways to trade him since he wants the max. So I was suggesting they take a shot at Okafor. It was just an idea for the Nets to keep their franchise at a high level for even when Kidd is gone. Obviously its hard to compare Okafor and Kenyon because they both play at two different levels. But from what I have seen, Okafor would give them a better defensive presence while also being the same transition threat that Kenyon is. I'm not saying the Nets should do this trade. But it was just an idea. Plus, who knows? Maybe Okafor will make a huge impact on the game in his rookie season. We all know he is capable of doing it. This was just a suggestion for the Nets to get compensation for K-Mart to avoid giving him the max or losing him to free-agency.
I would trade Kmart if I were the Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy