[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I Thomas is a bum
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
4/11/2004  2:59 AM
Miles is about the same height as Demarr, and at this point is stronger, something that is easily amendable with an NBA trainer. He has a much worse jumper to a much shorter range then Demarr. He is somewhat more athletic, but not by that much. He is known to clash with coaching, selfishness, desire to jack up outside shots even thou he knows he can't hit them, and lack of effor overall. Since being taded to Portalnd he seems to have worked on reversing a lot of those trends. However it was impossible to predict that. Callin a GM a bum for not making a move that only looks good in retrospect, 2 month away from the deal, is beyond stupid, its simply retarded.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/11/2004  3:28 AM
I agree. Remember who Dmiles was traded for? If Dmiles was so good why didn't the Cavs get more for him? He was so bad with the Cavs that they ended up turning Andre Miller into Jeff Mcinnis.

So just because Dmiles is having a renaissance in Portland doesn't mean Isiah blew it. And even if Dmiles turns into someone great, doesn't that just mean 29 other GMs blew it too?

Frank Williams was also a hot commodity back then, and the plan is for him to continue to be showcased. He is an important trading chip, and without #1s and Lampe/Vujanic, the Knicks need to be careful with their remaining chips.

So that's one thing I disagree with Mase on, but then he goes and brings up the KVH thing and now I can't get all worked up about that again, other than to say forget the names tim thomas and keith van horn. Picture this trade instead and tell me if you wouldn't do it:

Isiah turned a starter and a backup playing 45minutes per game, into two starters playing 55minutes per game and there is a net gain in both points and rebounding since the trade.

You do that trade! I don't care about the great chemistry that was forming on this team before the trade. We were still an unfinished product back then, likely to end up in the playoffs with perhaps the 4th seed at best. And that means at best we'd get to the 2nd round and get crushed by Indiana. After the trade this team is still going to end up in the playoffs at best a 5th seed ( i believe that's still possible) though likely a 7th seed. And that means we get to play a wounded NJ, with a punchers chance of getting to round2 where we'd avoid having to play Indiana.

My one gripe with Isiah thomas, if that's what this thread is about, is that he gave away a 2nd round pick next season in the deal. That was inexcusable. I mean we can call him a bum for that. It was stupid. There was no way that Kiki in Denver was going to let MD thru waivers, when he had tried to traid for him earlier!

So lets by all means call Isiah Thomas a bum, but make sure you call him a bum for the correct reason Mase. You weaken your argument when your examples can be refuted. If Dmiles blossoms into a real star and consistent starter, then we can revisit this thread and Isiah's bumdom will be further solidified. But so far in this man's book, Isiah just has one strike against him. The 2nd round pick may have turned into nothin but it's the principle that matters dammit. He miscalculated, foolishly. He's paid too much to make those kinds of mistakes. Some would say he overpaid for Marbury too, but i'm not ready to say that yet. He can't be judged this early on reall anything he's done so far except tossing away that 2nd rounder.

But, let's give the man time before we call him an outright bum.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2004  11:48 AM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:
Posted by martin:

DerMarr Johnson, TT, Penny. Why would you trade for Miles? And his contract has only a team option for next year.

Why?

Very good PGs are a premium. FWill has that potential.

you take miles and not tt

marbury
penny - houston if healthy
miles
kvh
sweetney

eat it, that team dominates the crap we put out now

The KVH-TT trade is irreversible, so the above never happens. Also, KVH is a SF not a PF. We were talking about why you would trade Miles for FWill, nothing more.

So again, why?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
4/11/2004  2:48 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaseInYourFace:
Posted by martin:

DerMarr Johnson, TT, Penny. Why would you trade for Miles? And his contract has only a team option for next year.

Why?

Very good PGs are a premium. FWill has that potential.

you take miles and not tt

marbury
penny - houston if healthy
miles
kvh
sweetney

eat it, that team dominates the crap we put out now

The KVH-TT trade is irreversible, so the above never happens. Also, KVH is a SF not a PF. We were talking about why you would trade Miles for FWill, nothing more.

So again, why?

kvh and miles can be interchanged between 3 and 4. it is not like we have a post up game now. so you put talent on the floor.
just like the current heat team, which is by far better than the current knicks.

once again, miles is a starter in this league, f williams is a backup--especially when we already traded everything else for an all star pg. im not going to bother anymore with your stupid blind love of IT and f williams. this is a very simple point. you get much better with an extremely athletic, long starter instead of a back up pg. and yes i knew this 3 months ago, just like anyone with any bball scouting ability should have.

Yes! - Marv Albert
I Thomas is a bum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy