[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

gerald wallace
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/9/2004  7:18 AM
of the kings has played only 37 games and very limited time this season. He has fallen out of fovors of adelman.

Coud we grab him ? Do we need him ?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/gerald_wallace/index.html?nav=page
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/9/2004  12:33 PM
I think we could get him, but why do it. He hasn't really proven anything yet. I don't think it would be beneficial for us to go after Gerald when we have Penny who has been playing great for us and wants to be a bigger part of our offense.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/9/2004  12:47 PM
why not throw the LLE at a guy like Gerald? He's still young, and it doesn't bother me that he hasn't proven anything yet. Buy low, sell high. Think Isiah wouldn't like a mulligan on the Fwill for MILES swap?
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/9/2004  1:32 PM
The problem is, once he proves himself we can't get him - or it will cost us a lot. Why not get him cheap and let him grow? Look at the players he is surrounded by, he is playing against the creme de la creme of the league in practice everyday. The kid has to be learning something from all these guys. The reason he gets no burn is because the roster is just too deep. He could be worth a gamble depending on the price.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/9/2004  1:48 PM
im pretty sure wallace is tied up to sacremento next year. the fw for miles trade is tough. id rather build with 22 year old miles who will make reasonable $$ than TT who is 5-6 years older- thats why they have--in their history treated assets like young players and draft picks under value. With all of that cash we took on with Marbury and Hardaway 120mm$--what other team couldve taken on the payload? ok draft pick ok milos ok a second round pick but giving up lampe and a second first rounder was rediculous. They just out negotiated the knicks. oh well
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/9/2004  7:04 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

The problem is, once he proves himself we can't get him - or it will cost us a lot. Why not get him cheap and let him grow? Look at the players he is surrounded by, he is playing against the creme de la creme of the league in practice everyday. The kid has to be learning something from all these guys. The reason he gets no burn is because the roster is just too deep. He could be worth a gamble depending on the price.

From what I have seen with him, he hasn't really showed me any flashes of being a star in the league. Miles on the other hand showed his potential in Cleveland and in Los Angeles. I was one of the few people here that wanted to trade Frankie for Miles. Plus, why waste some of our MLE on Gerald when we can go after Stromile or Crawford. I'm not saying Wallace sucks or anything, but I think we should not waste money on him when there is more talent out there. I mean look at the guy's FT %. How is he going to be good in the league if he can barely shoot 50% from the line? The only thing Gerald has shown me is he can dunk. Other than that, I don't see any signs of this kid being a good player.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2004  9:40 PM
its not tough if Frank can come back and play at the level he was playing before he got hurt, then we got a new coach, then his mother died... its been an up and down year for him, but he showed good signs of being an excellent player.

IT knows PGs as good as anyone, and for whatever reason he saw enough in Frank to hold off on that trade.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/10/2004  7:09 AM
Posted by fishmike:

IT knows PGs as good as anyone, and for whatever reason he saw enough in Frank to hold off on that trade.

that's a good point !
gerald wallace

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy