Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/8/2004  4:21 PM
Before someone labels me a moron again, please go to:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull081.html

It says at the end a possible deal this summer, essentially Houston to Chicago for Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams, and Jamal Crawford.

Where do I sign up?

Right now, a deal of Houston, Harrington, and Trybanski for Davis, Wiliams, and Crawford works. However, assuming Crawford gets a pay raise from his $2 million a season now to around $5-$6 million, there might be another player needed to be added.

Clearly the Bulls do this for financial reasons. Williams is signed until after the 2007 season, and Davis is signed until after the 2006 season. Harrington and Trybanski come off next year, and Houston's enormous contract ends after 2007. The Bulls, around that time, will need to re-sign Curry, Hinrich, and possibly Chandler.

I wouldn't've thought the chances for this deal would be high until I read the article, now hopefully it happens.

Houston is clearly declining with his injury, and Crawford is a guy that can play PG when needed, is an excellent scorer, and much younger than Houston. He'd be a great running mate for the backcourt with Starbury.

The question becomes, if Chicago wants to do this trade, do you give up all the expiring contracts for Crawford. I would say Yes only because they get to unload Houston.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
4/8/2004  4:30 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

It says at the end a possible deal this summer, essentially Houston to Chicago for Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams, and Jamal Crawford.

Where do I sign up?

Right now, a deal of Houston, Harrington, and Trybanski for Davis, Wiliams, and Crawford works. However, assuming Crawford gets a pay raise from his $2 million a season now to around $5-$6 million, there might be another player needed to be added.

Clearly the Bulls do this for financial reasons. Williams is signed until after the 2007 season, and Davis is signed until after the 2006 season. Harrington and Trybanski come off next year, and Houston's enormous contract ends after 2007. The Bulls, around that time, will need to re-sign Curry, Hinrich, and possibly Chandler.

I wouldn't've thought the chances for this deal would be high until I read the article, now hopefully it happens.

Houston is clearly declining with his injury, and Crawford is a guy that can play PG when needed, is an excellent scorer, and much younger than Houston. He'd be a great running mate for the backcourt with Starbury.

The question becomes, if Chicago wants to do this trade, do you give up all the expiring contracts for Crawford. I would say Yes only because they get to unload Houston.

You read wrong. It would be Antonio Davis or Jerome Williams. The trade would be one of them plus crawford for Houston. The Knicks would keep Trybanski and Othella to packace with DIkembe and picks for another blockbuster trade(Vince Carter?)
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/8/2004  4:40 PM
My bad. I figured Bulls would want to throw in both of their bad contracts.

That would mean (if only 1 were put in) that Crawford would receive a pretty nice contract.
#Knickstaps
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/8/2004  10:14 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

That would mean (if only 1 were put in) that Crawford would receive a pretty nice contract.

That would be good for the Knicks. I could see Chicago going it because they add professionalism and still get a chance to buy out Houstons wicked contract, especially if he, gets hurt and can't return due to injury.

It could work out but what would Bulls fans say? Crawford is worth keeping but he's been getting done dirty since he's gotten there.
I'd take on Antonio Davis without a problem....but the Knicks would have to get rid of Thomas.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/9/2004  3:29 AM

Posted by BigSm00th:

Posted by BigSm00th:

So, maybe we can label you a moron now !
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/9/2004  3:35 AM
I doubt Thomas will be successful, but moving Houston will be his #1 off season priority.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/9/2004  7:50 PM
If this trade were to happen it would have to be Houston for Antonio Davis and Crawford. Crawford and Jerome Williams financially would not work.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/10/2004  9:02 AM
Posted by s3231:

If this trade were to happen it would have to be Houston for Antonio Davis and Crawford. Crawford and Jerome Williams financially would not work.

Well Crawford is looking for a raise right? Jerome Williams and Crawford for Houston would do it because then at least Crawford could sign for Shandon Anderson money. Thing is would Chicago do it? They would do it to add the jumpshot, veteran leadership, and consistancy Houston brings when healthy....

They would also get Houstons big contract to slice off thier cap in about two years....they could easily buy it out next year cuz they are in rebuilding mode.

Just stuff to ponder.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/10/2004  11:02 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by s3231:

Well Crawford is looking for a raise right? Jerome Williams and Crawford for Houston would do it because then at least Crawford could sign for Shandon Anderson money. Thing is would Chicago do it? They would do it to add the jumpshot, veteran leadership, and consistancy Houston brings when healthy....

They would also get Houstons big contract to slice off thier cap in about two years....they could easily buy it out next year cuz they are in rebuilding mode.

Just stuff to ponder.

Actually if Crawford got Shandon Andeson money the deal would still not be able to happen. Crawford and Jerome for Houston just does not work financially even if Crawford gets the same amount as Shandon. You have to remember how big Houston's contract is. Something to ponder...
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Houston to the Bulls?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy