[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are in the playoff
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #192
4/7/2004  10:05 PM
Well, not officially yet, 7 more minutes left for the Cle/Mem game with Cle trailing for 15 points. Just wanted to be the first to start this thread , I think we will tho, tonite.

That being said, I don't feel any excitement for this Knicks team going into the playoff. I just can't see this team going anyway right now. I'm only happy that Pho will not get a lottery pick from us. No matter what, I'm happy to be a knicks fan today, and hope this team will bring us some pleasant surprise.
AUTOADVERT
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/8/2004  3:27 AM
what is great is that the celtics lost their game, so we may stick to the 7th spot (I'll take the nets anyday over indiana...)
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/8/2004  7:16 AM
New York Vs. New Jersey First Round Playoff Series

Game1: NY 100 & NJ 75
Game2: NY 99 & NJ 67
Game3: NY 123 & NJ 65
Game4: NY 92 & NJ 85 (They played really hard in game4)

New York sweeps the first round playoff series.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
raven
Canada
4/8/2004  7:33 AM
hey looking at that post gives me a lil clue about which team you're a fan of.

it's gonna be tough, but we've a better chance against them that against indian or detroit.
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
4/8/2004  8:00 AM
NJN Vs. NYK First Round

Game 1:Nets will come into this round thinking, lets just go to sleep until weve passed this POS team, While were taking advantage of that. Steller 20 and 12 performance by Starbury, and TT puts up 30 for us. New York Wins 90-75

Game 2:Nets will try to play us, maching our intesity of last game in this round, but still find that the knicks can crank it up higher. Nazr: 12p 13r, Steph 30p,10a, TT 21p. New York Wins 99-97

Game 3: Nets Realize they are down 2-0 against the 7th seed, so they play like they would play in the last game of the finals. Nets win 97-86.

Game 4:Nets, fatugied from last game, come in here and sleep thw whole game Knicks win this one to pull the KNnicks ahaed 3-1

Nets win Game 5

Here it is ..:::Game Six::.. Knicks win this one in a blowout 90-76. NYK shows the intesity of past years as they pull away from the defending Eastern Conference Champions, 4-2!!!
Knicks forever!
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/8/2004  10:34 AM
okay, now we are getting a little too happy. i love the optimism and enthusiasm but after the spanking the nets delivered on us last week i do not know why some people are confident we can beat them. not to mention jason kidd and k-mart will be back. i think it will be a good series and the nets are beatable. my heart says we beat them but my mind says that we are going against the two time eastern conference champions with probably one of the best clutch playoff player in the game today in kidd. its saying nets in six.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/8/2004  11:05 AM
We do match up well with the Nets.

Marbury and Kidd is an even battle and Marbury will outscore and out assist Kidd by a small margin just because he dominates the ball more.

TT is athletic enough to stay with Jefferson, he just needs help when Jefferson is uses his quickness to go past him.

KT can play good D on Martin, and all you really have to do is box him out, Kmart has no post game.

If Houston comes back we have a huge advantage at SG against Kittles. And at C we are much much better as all 3 of our C's are better then their scrubs.

The way I see interrior D will be the biggest thing that will decide the series. I say start Deke against the Nets because Collins is a good matchup for him and we will have the inside defensive presence necessary to stop the Net layup drill that happened the last game. Remember Deke had 10 blocks against the Nets in that game we lost in the 4th at home, but then we had no Marbury to matchup with Kidd woh basically took the game over all by himself, and Houston was too tired to conintue to carry us so we could not score and just ran out of gas. Put Marbury and TT who usually is still fresh in the 4th on that team with Deke negating any kind of paint scoring for the Nets and we win that game in a blowout before the 4th even starts.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
raven
Canada
4/8/2004  11:30 AM
We have to use deke more than we did before. Problem is, who's gonna be the odd man out ?

- KT
- baker
- deke
- sweet
- nazr

That's 5 for two positions, and i would clearly hate to see sweet ride the pine.

Damn how I hate the baker's signing more and more each day.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/8/2004  12:02 PM
Its Sweetney's rookie season, if he has to play minor minutes in the playoffs it won't take away from the great season that he had with us. Plus, why do you hate the Baker signing? Baker has won games for us with his clutch shots. He is exactly what we need right now.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/8/2004  12:07 PM
If we get the Nets, I would start Mutombo. KT would be our starting PF of course. Then we bring in Mohammed off the bench for Mutombo. Baker, I would bring off the bench for KT. Sweetney would be on the bench for most of the time.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/8/2004  12:24 PM
Posted by jazz74:

okay, now we are getting a little too happy. i love the optimism and enthusiasm but after the spanking the nets delivered on us last week i do not know why some people are confident we can beat them. not to mention jason kidd and k-mart will be back. i think it will be a good series and the nets are beatable. my heart says we beat them but my mind says that we are going against the two time eastern conference champions with probably one of the best clutch playoff player in the game today in kidd. its saying nets in six.

I agree. I would've felt differently had we won that game instead of being embarrassed. As far as who should sit more, it would problably be between Baker/Sweetney. Depends on the matchups.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/8/2004  12:31 PM
This is going to be a tough series, I would not underestimate the Nets...they have been to the finals 2 years in a row and still have that same core of players. They are well seasoned - they are used to winning (until they play the wester side of the bracket). The Knicks are going to have to fight hard for everything in this series - and H20 still isnt healthy. Without him, even if we make it out of rd 1 we won't go too far. He is the key to any run that can be put together.

He makes 100 mil and it is fitting that his health will be a key factor. Not to take away from the rest of the team, but they can only go so far without a healthy Houston.

All the points about defense, using Deke more, who gets PT are definitely good ones - lets not forget that one of our best players is questionable right now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the water rehab he got has helped the pain level to the point where he can be effective. We need him.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/8/2004  12:37 PM
The nice thing about playing the Nets is there is a matchup that works for Deke. Deke can guard Collins without worrying about having to run around the perimiter to guard him. Match Deke up with Jermaine O'neal or the other teams that play a bit smaller and you are asking for trouble.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/8/2004  12:39 PM
Deke would be on Jeff Foster I think. Who knows if Lenny will even play Deke I sure hope he does!
Member: #192
4/8/2004  1:06 PM
Who am I kidding, I know I will be glued to the TV when the playoff starts, no matter how good or bad they do. Yes, it's nice to be back. I hope they can work on developing some better chemistry in the next three games before the playoff.

BTW, I found that therapy place (Water & Sports Therapy Institute) that Houston is at, is about 10 minutes from my work place. I'm thinking sneak in there and give him some "inspiration" talk, who has some prep speech I can borrow?
NYK4
Member: #549
4/8/2004  7:51 PM
guys, do u think the knicks will wear black shoes and shave thier heads like the knicks of the 90's? they always did in the playoffs...of course back then ewing refused to shave his head. hAHAHAHAHA.. what would be hot would be a black knicks jersey with blue trim on the sides....i would buy that in a hot minute
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
4/8/2004  8:09 PM
Posted by NYK4:

guys, do u think the knicks will wear black shoes and shave thier heads like the knicks of the 90's? they always did in the playoffs...of course back then ewing refused to shave his head. hAHAHAHAHA.. what would be hot would be a black knicks jersey with blue trim on the sides....i would buy that in a hot minute

i dont think they would do that because they dont really believe they are going anywhere. theyd look pretty dumb shaving their heads and then going out in first round
Yes! - Marv Albert
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
4/8/2004  8:41 PM
Posted by NYK4:

Moochie, Nazr, and Shandon already did that.....lol And 4 tha shoes i would have every1 wear the Starbury Mid in Black besides TT who could wear his Trademark Superstars in black this time...lol

[Edited by - SuperNYK992 on 04/08/2004 20:45:02]
Knicks forever!
We are in the playoff

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy