[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

new coach, anyone ?
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/7/2004  7:28 AM
I suggest the following names, cause lenny won't last long.

he's a nice guy, but he's kind of burnt out.

In no specific order :

- fratello
- jim o'brien
- soon to be fired eri musselman
- soon to be fired jeff bzdleilkiskidkfliek (never been able to write his name), I meant, denver's coach

Most of them are used to rpeach defence and to overachieve with the teams they had.

What do you girls think about that ? Any other realisitc candidates ?

For me defence is not only a matter of getting defensive players, it's also a mindset that we've to establish.

We've no identity and defence is the cheapest way to get one.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/7/2004  9:31 AM
how about giving Lenny and this roster one offseason, preseason and a training camp to implement some system in a year without 22 different players.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/7/2004  10:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:

how about giving Lenny and this roster one offseason, preseason and a training camp to implement some system in a year without 22 different players.

I think you guys overrate this preseason and off season thing. Because they do everything in practice that they do in the offseason. Its been 3-4 months since Wilkens has been here and there is no sign of a system. Just what do they do. It sure as hell ain't defense and their offense is as bad as it was with Chaney. I think going into the next season with Wilkens is a big mistake because he is gonna get canned in middle of the season and its going to be learning a new coach all oer again. Last year Brown got canned, Carlise, Silas, and others that had decent years. If there is a better coach out there and is available and it will improve the team you make the change.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/7/2004  10:55 AM
ok.. let me amend the preseason/training camp thing. Especially on defense you need a group of players to play together for an extended period of time. How does Hubie Brown look this year vs. last year? Its takes time. While the Knicks are great, they do have a lot of good players that just need time to adjust. This is why you can see them comeback against the Bucks, beat the Pacers at home, beat Port, and dominate lesser teams, then look totally lost on other nights.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/7/2004  11:12 AM
man leave Lenny alone....

The Knicks are not good right now. Yes they do need a training camp together. Isiah traded for most of these guys just before the trading deadline. It takes time to get chemistry.

Yes it is sickening to see the Knicks get spanked by all the good teams but it's not because of the coach. For the Knicks to be still in contention is a big achievement in itself.

If Lenny would have had the team from day one and if Isiah was hired during the summer....maybe the Knicks would be a lock for 3rd or 4th.

Lenny has been winning since he's gotten here especially if you wash that 6 game losing streak we had after the Tim and Nazr trade.

Relax guys....if anything let's just hope that the players can click in time for the playoffs. All Lenny does is set the blueprint....the players have to play with the confidence in order to sucseed.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/7/2004  11:55 AM
Unless he is replaced by a marquee coach ala Phil Jackson, Return of Riley etc I wouldnt settle for the coaches that have been mentioned on this board. They had their chance to grab Carlisle or Brown and Dolan/Layden choked. That kind of talent doesnt become available every off season - Lenny is OK, better then Chaney but not great. I will settle for that until a great coach comes along.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/7/2004  12:29 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Unless he is replaced by a marquee coach ala Phil Jackson, Return of Riley etc I wouldnt settle for the coaches that have been mentioned on this board. They had their chance to grab Carlisle or Brown and Dolan/Layden choked. That kind of talent doesnt become available every off season - Lenny is OK, better then Chaney but not great. I will settle for that until a great coach comes along.

AMEN!!!!
If I had to choose... I w2ould want Riley back.
But that won't happen because Riley demands too much power.
Isiah will not want to discuss personell moves with Riley.
But if Isiah picks up some major talent... I think Riley would be humble enough to accept a strictly coaching position.
jazz74
Member: #371
4/7/2004  12:30 PM
let me tell you something, very few coaches can come in mid season to a situation like the knicks with constant change and well out of the playoff picture and turn things around. you need a veteran coach who knows the game well. that is lenny. what he has done deserves at least another year to show and prove. once we have our roster set in october ( because i think this summer we will see more changes), we will see if lenny's system is still relevant today. people are pointing to last year with the raptors but remember three years ago wilkins led the raptors to a jumpshot short of the eastern conference finals. he is still capable. give him a chance. he has earned it.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/7/2004  5:09 PM
Riley would be awesome. If not I'd settle for Jim O'Brien. I have never been a Lenny fan, and I'm still not one. I want a coach that gets a better effort from his players on defense and who comes into the game with better gameplans. It's hard to play defense when you're not used to each other, but Lenny has never been known to be an defensive minded coach.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/8/2004  3:09 AM
Posted by jazz74:

let me tell you something, very few coaches can come in mid season to a situation like the knicks with constant change and well out of the playoff picture and turn things around. you need a veteran coach who knows the game well. that is lenny. what he has done deserves at least another year to show and prove.

You're right. Though I've never liked him a lot, I should've taken that more into account.

Let me take back my post as I admit my mistake ! :)
new coach, anyone ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy