[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Pacers v Knicks Thread 4/6
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/6/2004  10:08 PM
On a good note the Cavs loose and our magic number is at 2.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
USA
4/6/2004  10:14 PM
At least in garbage time Sweetney is getting post offensive possesions.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/6/2004  10:21 PM
it seems like every time we lose we get blown out because the Knicks stop trying on defense I can deal with losses but these blow outs are very disheartning.
Andrew
USA
4/6/2004  10:25 PM
Guns...the Knicks were trying on D, they were just pretty overmatched at most positions. It became a real bad blowout partly because Lenny sat most of the starters early and the Pacers kept in O'neal for a while after that.

TT had foul trouble, Penny stayed out in the 4th because of some injury and Dermarr is not a good SF matchup with Artest. Just plain abused him. The score is a little misleading. We did get beat soundly, but it wasn't as bad as it score indicates.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
4/6/2004  10:34 PM
...Actually more on the Defense. I do see a decreased effort from Kurt. Don't know if its the injury but he doesn't play hard all the time these days. That, and the communication and knowing when to rotate is not as good as it should be.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
bsw3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #589
4/6/2004  10:42 PM
wouldn't it be pretty to draw a firstround match up with these guys
gunsnewing
USA
4/6/2004  10:48 PM
I can't believe I wish Isiah was coaching us right now. He would get in the face of the players who aren't playing hard like KT and he would problably bench Shandon. I hope him or Aguirre coaches next year.
Andrew
USA
4/6/2004  10:51 PM
Man...Shandon drove me crazy with 2 early possesions where he dribbled the ball right into Tinsleys hands. I won't be sad to see him go.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
USA
4/6/2004  11:12 PM
the worst part is some of us won't be able to watch the Knicks again til Saturday
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/6/2004  11:40 PM
we have a long way to go. were not a competitive basketball team with the upper echlon. how many blowouts this year by good teams? we will beat most of the lottery teams in the east because they have 0 to play for and likely want to tank--its games like tonight that would mean something and man is this team boring dont worry if you didnt watch this team is as boring as it gets.
RIP Crushalot😞
KnickChick114
Member: #413
USA
4/7/2004  12:29 AM
Just a few things:

Isiah's going to coach next year so everyone (including Zeke himself) will get their wish.

Everyone's gotta stop bashing KT. He has struggled, but he's playing with a swollen, crooked pinkie (they actually showed it during the Pacer game) and he explained how its affecting his play. He had a good game in Philly and had a decent game tonight (although really the entire team struggled). But he hasn't complained and has played thru the injury. Even if you take Kurt totally out of the lineup and play Sweetney & Baker, the Knicks still aren't getting out of the first round of the playoffs. Sweetney shows alot of growth, but his inexperience gets him into foul trouble. And Baker can get frustrated. Therefore, Kurt, right now, is still the best option.

And it doesn't matter if you put in Shandon or DerMarr or whoever at the 2... its gonna get ugly at that position until Houston comes back or we find a replacement, and that won't be until after this season.

So please stop the constant tirades about them.
KnickChick114
Member: #413
USA
4/7/2004  12:32 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I really miss the days when the Knicks actually tried to play defense.

Me too. But I honestly wonder how anyone in this league can acquire a good defensive game when the refs make so many inconsistent calls. Tonight was just another horribly called game.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
4/7/2004  1:16 AM
Posted by KnickChick114:

Just a few things:

Isiah's going to coach next year so everyone (including Zeke himself) will get their wish.

Everyone's gotta stop bashing KT. He has struggled, but he's playing with a swollen, crooked pinkie (they actually showed it during the Pacer game) and he explained how its affecting his play. He had a good game in Philly and had a decent game tonight (although really the entire team struggled). But he hasn't complained and has played thru the injury. Even if you take Kurt totally out of the lineup and play Sweetney & Baker, the Knicks still aren't getting out of the first round of the playoffs. Sweetney shows alot of growth, but his inexperience gets him into foul trouble. And Baker can get frustrated. Therefore, Kurt, right now, is still the best option.

And it doesn't matter if you put in Shandon or DerMarr or whoever at the 2... its gonna get ugly at that position until Houston comes back or we find a replacement, and that won't be until after this season.

So please stop the constant tirades about them.

yea accept the knicks for the current garbage they are.

Yes! - Marv Albert
gunsnewing
USA
4/7/2004  1:25 AM
we keep waiting for them to click and play better and win 7 in a row but it never happens. Very disheartening for a team trying to be competive.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/7/2004  1:17 PM
I think we showed that we could play better than this team in the 1st quarter. But we were losing mostly because we made Foster look like an all-star as he was getting all of those offensive rebounds. I thought we played well for most of the game last night but we just didn't hustle to grab the loose balls which ended up being points for the Pacers. I don't know why Demarr Johnson was guarding Ron Artest for some plays in the 3rd quarter. In the 1st half we did a pretty good job on Artest, we were forcing him into many difficult shots. Nazr had an excellent game, he was really coming up big for us. IMO the thing that hurt us the most was the officiating, the refs were not consistent at all and they were really being hard on our team. I think the bad calls really took from what would've been a good game. Bad calls or not though, this team has to find a way to win. Overall, I think we played a pretty good game last night. This Knicks team really showed me that they can play well when they want to. But in the end, the offensive rebounds killed us along with the poor officiating. Plus this team needs to put a maximum effort for all 4 qtrs. In the 3rd quarter we gave the Pacers too many wide open shots, and that hurt us because when you leave Reggie open for a three, he will make it every time.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/07/2004 13:18:54]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/7/2004  2:34 PM
thats almost sick knowing we have 20mm PER YEAR invested in shooting G OTHEr than H20 for 2 more years. basically we are going to have to sit 20mm$ worth of players on the bench at some point because this team cannot win with penny hardaway and andersen. demarr johnson needs to put on 15- 20 pounds of muscle and really show much more consistency. You see a guy like that with huge skills that is in dire need of strength and weight--its all up to the player to do the training and eat the way he needs to+ contiuning to hone his skills. its going to take demarr a lot of work this offseason but if he comes back at 200 pounds were not getting anywhere with him in terms of going forward. yoy like the skills and talent but he better hire a personal trainer.

with 2 second round picks + the LLE and potnetially parts of the mLE-we should be able to find some real nice parts to interject into the 1-2-3 positions. thats why i dont prioritize it--although i know its a true desperate need. we need to get better defensively and thats starts with a big player who can block and alter shots+ rebound.
RIP Crushalot😞
Official Pacers v Knicks Thread 4/6

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy