[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Husky basketball model is how you win
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/6/2004  11:52 AM
a team that included a dominant big man who plays both sides of the court and a sidekick in the frontcourt willing to do all the intangibles

two wing players who can score

a point guard who is willing to run the team hard and play hard defense, although the player may be limited in his offensive basketball abilities

good solid 4 man bench rotation

every player had high character hard work ethic and good coaching, willing to run the floor hard both ways for 40 minutes. why high character is so importatnt--because high character guys will work harder in every facet whther its the game or pracrtice or conditioning

a team that is built on defense and rebounding with very good athletiscm across the board.

this team reminds me of the spurs, its almost a replica of the spurs and unless you have jordan or shaq--really this model is the one that has worked in the NBA from SA to Houston--its a good model to build a basketball team

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
4/6/2004  12:04 PM
LOL.... DOminant Big men are not a Dime a dozen these days.
Over 20 other teams will go on a bidding war whenever one comes to the Free Agent market.
Why do you suppose Todd Mccalugh, Keon Clark, an others got the big bucks...
when a big man even shows signs of being "decent" he gets a Ton of cash on his lap for his "potential" services.

It's easy to look at t a championship tewam and talk about all the things they do right. It's a completely other thing to put one together, especially with all these rules dictating how much money can be paid out, what kind of payroll can be traded from team to team, and the lack of talent lately at the 5 NBA wide.

I don't disagree with you Briggs....
BALANCE is the key to winning!!
Isaiah is getting us there lil by lil.

KNICKS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!
VAN Horn Drools!!!!!!!
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/6/2004  1:35 PM
I agree with nyvector, it's not "easy" to build a team around having your superstar center get injured, end up in the draft lottery, and luck out with the #1 pick, in a year where there just happens to be a consensus #1.

Yea, I agree with you Briggs, it's a great way to build a team - except that it couldn't have been planned for. The Rockets also lucked out in winning the Yoa draft.

You have to be lucky to land a Duncan, or a Yao Ming. Not just bad, but incredibly lucky that your team is bad in a good year to be bad draft-wise.

This is why year after year the Bulls or the Clippers will draft a big man in the hopes that he is going to turn dominant.

Drafting is still a solid way to build a team, but when you begin to count on your draft picks, you're in trouble.

[Edited by - kam77 on 04/06/2004 13:36:19]
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/6/2004  3:36 PM
The Houston Briggs was referring to was the Rockets teams with Olajuwon, not Yao.

Since there are so few big men to build teams around, I think that other options have to be exercised, like the Run and Gun teams (Dallas, NJ), teams that play tough D (the old Knicks and Heat teams, Philly when they made their Finals run), etc. It's not easy to say let's just find a dominant big man, there are like 4-5 of them.

Even when you do have them, it takes so much to get them and keep them its hard to fill the team with other players (see: Minnesota).
#Knickstaps
Husky basketball model is how you win

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy