Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2013  11:34 AM
MSG3 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:I think that I would pick Tyson Chandler over Josh Smith

I'd take Tyson from last night over almost any big man. He just has to bring it every night. You can just tell when the effort is there and when it is not. I think rather than set the energy tone for his team he feeds off of the collective unit. He and Melo need the effort they had last night every night. Everyone else will follow.

Very few players can do that. He's grabbed at least 7 rebounds (and usually much more) in all but two games since mid November, though. Smith is certainly not more consistent than Tyson! Neither is Melo or anyone else on our team.

I don't know about that statement. I think all of our players have been inconsistent this year. JR is just inconsistent in general. Tyson should have 7 rebounds per game fall into his lap. But I agree, for the last month he's really been bringing it. You can see the difference in his rebounding and shot blocking. It's difficult to anchor a defense that has weak perimeter D, but he's doing his best which is why he's valuable. Performances like last night make me bite my tongue on saying he's overrated.

I think you have unrealistic expectations about consistency, though. Look at Patrick Ewing's game logs. His rebounding was much more inconsistent than Tyson's. Look at how many games of less than 7 rbs he had - ten times in one season. (I'm only comparing their rebounding, not the overall game.)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/237/year/1994/patrick-ewing

AUTOADVERT
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
2/28/2013  12:11 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:

I'd take Tyson from last night over almost any big man. He just has to bring it every night. You can just tell when the effort is there and when it is not. I think rather than set the energy tone for his team he feeds off of the collective unit. He and Melo need the effort they had last night every night. Everyone else will follow.

Very few players can do that. He's grabbed at least 7 rebounds (and usually much more) in all but two games since mid November, though. Smith is certainly not more consistent than Tyson! Neither is Melo or anyone else on our team.

I don't know about that statement. I think all of our players have been inconsistent this year. JR is just inconsistent in general. Tyson should have 7 rebounds per game fall into his lap. But I agree, for the last month he's really been bringing it. You can see the difference in his rebounding and shot blocking. It's difficult to anchor a defense that has weak perimeter D, but he's doing his best which is why he's valuable. Performances like last night make me bite my tongue on saying he's overrated.

I think you have unrealistic expectations about consistency, though. Look at Patrick Ewing's game logs. His rebounding was much more inconsistent than Tyson's. Look at how many games of less than 7 rbs he had - ten times in one season. (I'm only comparing their rebounding, not the overall game.)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/237/year/1994/patrick-ewing

I'm not talking specifically about his rebounding. I'm talking about overall effort...rebounding, setting screens, ball denial, man D, etc. I've seen many many games this year when there's a glaring lack of effort.

Ewing had bad games, and I was very young for his prime, but I don't remember a lack of intensity or effort.

But obviously Chandler is one of the most irreplaceable parts of the team. And as I said, I bite my tongue with regards to him after a game like yesterday. He was as impressive as Curry in my book...obviously for different reasons.

Bonn1997
USA
2/28/2013  12:22 PM
Fair enough. I suspect/hope he's saving a little extra for the playoffs.
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
2/28/2013  12:40 PM
I saw the game last night and I am excited that we were able to pull out the win but I also saw a lot of things that concern me.

First, there was a lot of good that came out of the game - mostly Tyson beasting but he didnt have to deal with DLee rebounding so he had a slight advantage. I also thought Shump showed some flashes which is promising.

My biggest concerns are what a lot of people are discussing:
1) Felton is not looking good, he may have a lot of heart but he does a lot of things that cost the team. Sure he came up with some nice steals and blocks at the end of the game, but if he wasn't so busy bricking shots we wouldn't have needed them. Still glad he came through and made up for his mistakes.
2) JR Smith - I want to love this guy but he is so streaky its dangerous. Sure he came up with some huge 3 pointers, but he also bricked a lot of shots when we were up by 8-10 points that allowed Golden State to close the gap.
3) Unless Camby can fill the role we paid him for, I don't see this team going deep.

Overall it was a nice win but the Knicks will need to play more consistent defense and get better guard play in order to win. Tyson can't man the front lines by himself, hopefully KMart pans out otherwise we are hoping Bambi can play come playoffs and I am not holding out much hope for that unfortunately as he was one of my favorite Knicks.

We really could have used Reddick but I agree with holding on to Shump. Felton was a mistake.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2013  12:47 PM
MSG3 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:

With that said a lot of his rebs were off melo and felton bricks
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2013  12:50 PM
Not giving effort is contagious. No one gave effort during the 15-15 30games record. Tyson gives effort when things are going well. Otherwise he checks out like the rest of them. I cant even count the number of times hahn got on tyson on twitter about him doing a lot of jogging up and down the court
MSG3
USA
2/28/2013  12:56 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
MSG3 wrote:

With that said a lot of his rebs were off melo and felton bricks

Golden State was bricking shots as well...besides Dell's boy of course.

MSG3
USA
2/28/2013  12:58 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Not giving effort is contagious. No one gave effort during the 15-15 30games record. Tyson gives effort when things are going well. Otherwise he checks out like the rest of them. I cant even count the number of times hahn got on tyson on twitter about him doing a lot of jogging up and down the court

100%. Chandler is too good to play like that. He changes the entire team for the better when he brings it consistently.

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

2/28/2013  1:19 PM
LOL I HAVE CURRY ON MY FANTASY TEAM,

DO YOU GUYS REALIZE WHAT CURRY JUST DID!?!?!? SINGLE GREATEST SHOOTING DISPLAY IN NBA HISTORY

but I'm really glad we got the win, Amar'e dropped the 14/4, super efficient in limited minutes,

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NUPE
Member: #4205

2/28/2013  2:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
playa2 wrote:Mark Jackson couldn't handle the pressure at the end his team broke down on him . Remember it's 48 min not 43

Nah just a back to back.

Its funny a lot of our fans are arrogant because we actually won two games in row lol. We beat a bad philly team and escaped tonight against a tired warriors team without lee. So before we proclaim the knicks a contender again lets seem them win 6 in a row and beat the heat

A win is a win. Every team plays back to backs. It's irrelevant. As for Lee, I don't think the anti-Knick fans here allow the Knick fans here to use missing players as an excuse when the Knicks lose.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/28/2013  6:12 PM
NUPE wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
playa2 wrote:Mark Jackson couldn't handle the pressure at the end his team broke down on him . Remember it's 48 min not 43

Nah just a back to back.

Its funny a lot of our fans are arrogant because we actually won two games in row lol. We beat a bad philly team and escaped tonight against a tired warriors team without lee. So before we proclaim the knicks a contender again lets seem them win 6 in a row and beat the heat

A win is a win. Every team plays back to backs. It's irrelevant. As for Lee, I don't think the anti-Knick fans here allow the Knick fans here to use missing players as an excuse when the Knicks lose.

I have heard a lot of media outlets talking about what a great game and what a great win it was for the knicks. You come to a knick 'fan' site to find out it should be marginalized.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/28/2013  10:45 PM
NUPE wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Nah just a back to back.

Exactly. And the last time I checked? David Lee is a player that's been in the league for 8 years now. During his first 7 seasons? Say hello to A.) 7 consecutive seasons of losing (below .500) basketball and B.) 7 consecutive years of no postseason play for David Lee and his (teams). So, let's stop acting as if the Golden State Warriors were without some type of winning basketball player.

Funny how Knick fans can harp all over the fact that we just beat a Warriors team in which was without David Lee, when these same fans ignore the fact that Melo was out during 4 of our loses while our Knicks were without both Shumpert and Stoudemire during 9 loses here in 2012-2013.

Last but not least, there are some posters who claim it's not that you win but "how" you win. Well, our Knicks just won despite the fact that Michael Jordan of his prime years, with the flu, just came into Madison Square Garden and lit up the arena. Yes, I said Michael Jordan because what Curry did out there, was nothing short of amazing greatness. Also, who's to say that Curry goes on to have that type of night if David Lee actually played? We'll never know.

On a side note, that's why strength of schedule is overrated. It doesn't show which players were out. Which teams were coming off a back to backs. How both teams were performing heading into the matchup etc, etc.

Great team win moving forward.

IronWillGiroud

2/28/2013  10:50 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
NUPE wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Nah just a back to back.

Exactly. And the last time I checked? David Lee is a player that's been in the league for 8 years now. During his first 7 seasons? Say hello to A.) 7 consecutive seasons of losing (below .500) basketball and B.) 7 consecutive years of no postseason play for David Lee and his (teams). So, let's stop acting as if the Golden State Warriors were without some type of winning basketball player.

Funny how Knick fans can harp all over the fact that we just beat a Warriors team in which was without David Lee, when these same fans ignore the fact that Melo was out during 4 of our loses while our Knicks were without both Shumpert and Stoudemire during 9 loses here in 2012-2013.

Last but not least, there are some posters who claim it's not that you win but "how" you win. Well, our Knicks just won despite the fact that Michael Jordan of his prime years, with the flu, just came into Madison Square Garden and lit up the arena. Yes, I said Michael Jordan because what Curry did out there, was nothing short of amazing greatness. Also, who's to say that Curry goes on to have that type of night if David Lee actually played? We'll never know.

On a side note, that's why strength of schedule is overrated. It doesn't show which players were out. Which teams were coming off a back to backs. How both teams were performing heading into the matchup etc, etc.

Great team win moving forward.

You're throwing the discussion off again, David lee isn't on a max deal, Melo is on a max deal,

that means they eat up more of the team's resources, so that they cannot sign so many nice players, look what happened this year we couldn't even afford Jeremy Lin

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKMentality

2/28/2013  10:52 PM
In regards to our Knicks? Guys such as Melo, Tyson and J.R all had great games. Amar'e contributed as well.

Melo: 10/26, 35 points, 8 assists, 1 board with only two turnovers.
Tyson: 16 points, 28 boards, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 assist with zero turnovers.
J.R: 10/19, 26 points, 5 boards, 1 assists with only one turnover.
Amar'e: 6/7, 14 points, 4 boards and two turnovers.

Those guys carried our team last night while guys such as Felton, Novak, Shumpert and Kidd all struggled. Really enjoyed the ways that Melo, Tyson, J.R and Stoudemire came to not only compete/play, but also win.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/1/2013  4:05 AM
Wow, what a great game.

Loved that Curry scored 54 but we didn't fold- sometimes we seem to lose out motivation when an opposing player is hitting everything. Also great to see Shumpert showing signs of life for the first time this season- this game felt like a step forward for him so hopefully he can build on it. K-mart didn't record any stats, but I liked his defense (well the bit we saw in 5 mins).

Just a really fun game to watch and a good performance by us too.

IronWillGiroud

3/1/2013  7:49 AM
smackeddog wrote:Wow, what a great game.

Loved that Curry scored 54 but we didn't fold- sometimes we seem to lose out motivation when an opposing player is hitting everything. Also great to see Shumpert showing signs of life for the first time this season- this game felt like a step forward for him so hopefully he can build on it. K-mart didn't record any stats, but I liked his defense (well the bit we saw in 5 mins).

Has Shump been so noticeably off?? Everyone is saying he is not up to par, how can you tell?

I haven't seen a Knicks game since the Lakers Knicks on Christmas Day

Bonn1997
USA
3/1/2013  8:03 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Has Shump been so noticeably off?? Everyone is saying he is not up to par, how can you tell?

.298 FG% might be the first clue!

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/1/2013  11:19 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

.298 FG% might be the first clue!

Not only that but the fact the player he's defending seems to lose him by a large distance- his leg speed and lateral movement is no where near what it was. It's to be expected, and I'm not going to attack him for it, but I'm hoping he can build on this game.

NYKMentality

3/1/2013  12:37 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:I haven't seen a Knicks game since the Lakers Knicks on Christmas Day

Really? That explains a lot in regards to yourself as a poster.

So, in other words you're clueless in regards to how our Knicks have been playing and/or have only been box-score watching dating back to Christmas day?

I really hope your post above was a sarcastic one. How have you NOT watched a Knicks game dating back to December 25th and/or 26 games ago? Which means you also missed our victory over San Antonio...

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/1/2013  12:52 PM
Hopefully Kenyon gets more burn next game.
Knicks_Fan
GameThread: Golden Coast comes to the New York, everyone scores 120 points

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy