[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs SIXERS @MSG 2/24 7pm: START AMARE FOR KIDD
Author Thread
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

2/25/2013  2:42 AM
Good to see the team get a win. GS will be a tough game. There are no easy games. The Knicks need to start approaching each game as they did at the start of the season with dire desperation and prejudicial defense.

I did not get to see tonight's game but generally the team has been way to relaxed (ie. not playing as hard as possible) the last week or two.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2013  5:41 AM
Great to win and to see Amar'e dominating again. Why did Woody take him out when he picked up his 5th foul? He wasn't going to put him in at the end of the game anyways so why no just let him play until he got his 6th?

And once again, Novak does nothing yet somehow leads the team in +/- How?! How does he keep doing this?!

As for Kidd, we only signed him 3 years as a courtesy- if he keeps playing like this he'll retire well before then. We can offer him a coaching spot.

NUPE
Member: #4205

2/25/2013  8:00 AM
smackeddog wrote:Great to win and to see Amar'e dominating again. Why did Woody take him out when he picked up his 5th foul? He wasn't going to put him in at the end of the game anyways so why no just let him play until he got his 6th?

And once again, Novak does nothing yet somehow leads the team in +/- How?! How does he keep doing this?!

As for Kidd, we only signed him 3 years as a courtesy- if he keeps playing like this he'll retire well before then. We can offer him a coaching spot.

I think +/- is somewhat of a misleading stat. I never really rely on it.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/25/2013  8:35 AM
smackeddog wrote:Great to win and to see Amar'e dominating again. Why did Woody take him out when he picked up his 5th foul? He wasn't going to put him in at the end of the game anyways so why no just let him play until he got his 6th?

Amare took control of the 4th by himself, starting with a great PNR off of Melo. Love the boost to the second unit, but how long can this Stat off the bench continue?

I was only listening to the game on the radio, but even the Philly announcer was picking out the "other" things Novak was doing while he was on the floor.
Yeah, I don't understand how getting burned repeatedly on D gets you great +/- numbers.

How does Kidd get worse at three's as the season wears on? It's not like he shoots with his legs. It sounded like he was 0-10 while JR was lighting it up.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/25/2013  10:19 AM
NUPE wrote:

I think +/- is somewhat of a misleading stat. I never really rely on it.

It's a bad stat for individual players and useless for individual games.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/25/2013  11:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2013  11:11 AM
Play of the game for me, was when Tyson Chandler turned around, seen Spencer Hawes was in the face of Carmelo Anthony, before Tyson Chandler himself not only pushed Hawes out of the way, but was ready to get ejected in order to protect Melo at the same time. Gave me flashbacks of the 90's where guys such as Starks and Oakley wouldn't allow ANYONE to step to Patrick Ewing. Not without first throwing down we wouldn't. Tyson Chandler had no idea what took place in regards to Melo mushing Hawes in the back of the head, but Tyson Chandler seen Melo could've been in trouble, and was the first one to come to Melo's aid. I like that type of toughness out of my starting Center.

On a side note, nice to knock off Philly 3 games to 1 here in 2012-2013. And trust me, soft ass Spencer Hawes wanted NOTHING to do with Tyson Chandler, despite the tough guy act while he was being held back. Melo wasn't about to back down either. But you just know Melo was thanful of Tyson Chandler. Guys like Shumpert and Kidd were ready to do nothing, but not Tyson Chandler.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/25/2013  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2013  8:00 PM
It was good to see someone finally stick up for our star player. What I dont understand is why Melo punched Hawes in the head when all he was doing was boxing Melo out. All Tyson saw was Hawes going after Melo so he jumped in
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2013  11:46 AM
gunsnewing wrote:It was good to see someone finally stick up for our star player. Whar I dont understand is why Melo punched Hawes in the head when all he was doing was boxing Melo out. All Tyson saw was Hawes going after Melo so he jumped in

Because he is evil!

jrodmc
USA
2/25/2013  12:11 PM
gunsnewing wrote:It was good to see someone finally stick up for our star player. Whar I dont understand is why Melo punched Hawes in the head when all he was doing was boxing Melo out.

Reaction to the elbow to the face while getting boxed out; watch the beginning slowly. Even on the Philly radiocast, they mentioned Hawes trying to clear out Melo with his arms. I read somewhere you're supposed to box out with your azz and legs.

And Melo's been reading all the posts on here about how soft and whiney the Knicks are.

Our StarMooby ain't taking that crap from the likes of Spenser Hawes. Cheerio, mate!

gunsnewing
USA
2/25/2013  8:02 PM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:It was good to see someone finally stick up for our star player. Whar I dont understand is why Melo punched Hawes in the head when all he was doing was boxing Melo out.

Reaction to the elbow to the face while getting boxed out; watch the beginning slowly. Even on the Philly radiocast, they mentioned Hawes trying to clear out Melo with his arms. I read somewhere you're supposed to box out with your azz and legs.

And Melo's been reading all the posts on here about how soft and whiney the Knicks are.

Our StarMooby ain't taking that crap from the likes of Spenser Hawes. Cheerio, mate!

Fair enough. I will have to watch it again. Anyone have video?

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/25/2013  8:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Fair enough. I will have to watch it again. Anyone have video?

I posted the video already. On this page too...

gunsnewing
USA
2/25/2013  8:47 PM
OK just watched it closely for the first time. Hawes was wrong. I was listening to WFAN this morning and Mark Malusis who despite being a Syracuse alumn and former Melo fan who has been killing Melo since he arrived in NY was thrashing Melo on the radio. Saying how could be punch him in the head. He is lucky he didn't get tossed. Michael Kay said the same. Not one caller defended Melo
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/25/2013  8:50 PM
What happened? Hawes I heard got in someone's face, there was a ruckus, what happened in the eyes of our good fans?
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/25/2013  10:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2013  10:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:OK just watched it closely for the first time. Hawes was wrong. I was listening to WFAN this morning and Mark Malusis who despite being a Syracuse alumn and former Melo fan who has been killing Melo since he arrived in NY was thrashing Melo on the radio. Saying how could be punch him in the head. He is lucky he didn't get tossed. Michael Kay said the same. Not one caller defended Melo

It was typical king fu fighting then Melo got pissed and took a swipe at Hawes. Melo shouldn't have hit Hawes bu I loved how Tyson reacted.
STATMELO
Member: #3637

2/26/2013  12:02 AM
I didn't like how Tyson reacted, in fact I didn't like the whole sequence. Carmelo could have been suspended for hitting Hawes, missing Carmelo is big every game is crucial at this point because of seeding. Then Tyson, comes with that fake tough guy **** and shoves Hawes. Just play ball!

Remember Derek Harper fighting JoJo White, they were both ejected but who was more important to their team?

jrodmc
USA
2/26/2013  8:29 AM
Hey, even the Philly talking heads the next day were saying, "that's what you get for being Spencer Hawes..."

Melo took an elbow to the face. He didn't like that. Understandable, but like others posted, I didn't particularly care for him smacking Hawes in the back of the head and possibly getting tossed for a few games.
Suddenly this is now big news.

They said on the radio broadcast that Tyson approached Hawes after the game was over and made nice.

HugeKnick4
Member: #4051

2/26/2013  1:59 PM
This victory did not impress me. We almost managed to let them back in the game.
GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs SIXERS @MSG 2/24 7pm: START AMARE FOR KIDD

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy