[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

my number 1 option for offseason improvement
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/4/2004  7:53 PM
is definitely offering stromile swift a 6 year 33mm$ contract and Bobby Sura to a 2 year lower case exemption

secondly I would like to get into this draft and i would like to get into it in a big way its not going to happen but if there was anyway of acquiring 2 mid range first rounders i.e 13-19 and i was in position to pick both rafeal arajuo and JR Smith--i would give up anyone outside of marbury including sweetney nazr T Thomas K Thomas

if we could add those 4 players[which will be a fantasy but atleast there is plausibility to the idea] I believe it would propell us to the next level in the east.

lets say we had to give up Sweetney Nazr and FW + ending contracts of deke harrington +CT lets say we take on a PJ brown

that would leave us at

C- KT Araujou Baker
PF Swift Brown
SF TT Hardaway
SG Smith H2O Andersen
PG Marbury Sura
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/4/2004  9:45 PM
Swift and Boddy Sura sounds good to me....

Sura must be averaging double figures in rebounding since he go to Atlanta. I'd love to have that guy on the bench instead of Shandon.

I'd love Swift to be a Knick. He's a lane filler much like Kenyon Martin. I don't remember Swift using any post moves to score. Swift in Sura would really improve the Knicks though....no one was talking about Sura....good you brought him up cuz the guy really can play this game.

If you ever come across some footage or decent links about Araujo
of BYU let us have em'. Cuz I can't find anything written that really talks about his skills......I'm still locked in with Nazr as the center.

How dare you bring up the notion of getting PJ Brown? Good grief. Why don't we get Reggie too?

Oh yeah and JR Smith....is that that high schooler?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYK8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #320
USA
4/4/2004  10:34 PM
I would take Sura over Anderson but Swift im not still impressed.He's young with springs but Swift is not a clutch go to PF we need and looks like he'll disappear come playoff time.so until i see what he does on this yrs playoffs he's a no Knick IMO.
!!!Knicks!!!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/4/2004  10:45 PM
So adding Sura, an average sub at best who is in no way missed in Detroit, Swift, an athletic but unproved big guy that comes of the bench, and then get a couple of mid 1st round picks while giving up a lottery pikc (Sweetney), a starting C (Mohammed), and mid 1st round pikc (FW). And this will surely make us a bigtime contender. I'm sorry but I don't understand where are you coming from with all this stuff. Sura??? Cmon now.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
4/4/2004  10:58 PM
im just sayin Sura is better.anyway i would perfer Mercer ovall to be a backup.
!!!Knicks!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/4/2004  11:17 PM
if we move frank williams, bobby sura is a nice alternative b/c of the way he plays. he pretty relentless and hustles all the time. stro is okay, but it just doesn't seem right giving him $30 mil. at the end of the day, does his impact on the team outweigh kurts? i don't know. secondly, i find it hard to stro finishing out games for us in the fourth. but stro is a good fit for this team as the backup C.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/5/2004  9:21 AM
yes... if we could sign Swift and move KT that would be a thing of beauty. I do want to be patient with Sweetney and Frank as both have showed enough flashes where they should be looked at as part of the rotation next year. I would love to see Frank play the backup 1 with Steph at the 2 some with Frank in the same backcourt.

I also dont think its impossible to sign someone like Dampier, as Nazr is a nice sign adn trade option.

I like Sura but dont really see the point with Houston, Shandon, Penny, Marbury, Frank and Demaar currently on the roster.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
4/5/2004  10:00 AM
to bad it's way to fantasy based and unrealistic. the only shot at any player on that list is sura, but that is a short term fix. i cant believe the talent depth in this draft. JR Smith reminds me of vince carter-unbelievable offensive skills and a 45 inch vertical leap at 6-6 220-i watched the last of the high school all star games yesterday and im convinced that atleast4- 6 guys from high school will be top 16-18 picks--the one guy that was hyped more than almost anyone in telfair--atleast from what i saw is not even remotely close to NBA level play--other than that im a believer now in both smith's howard livingston and jefferson.

one good thing is we could come out of the draft with a good player or perhaps two good players from the senior class in college because there are guys like matthews and emmitt who will be big time sleepers
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
4/5/2004  11:54 AM
plus you know Isiah wants to find "his" players, and he's used the draft VERY successfully before. Dont be suprised if he tries to make Kwame Brown his next Jermaine Oneil. It might take alot... we will see.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/5/2004  1:33 PM
There are alot of options for the Knicks this year.
Isiah got us all believing anything can happen with him trading Spoon and Eisley. Too exciting.

I forgot about Kwame Brown....he's at the age where the skills start to come out of a player. He seems like a Buck Williams type....like the New Jersey Nets Buck of back in the days. Hey things can easily happen. Stackhouse is over there too you know. Stack is also at that age where he settles into his own for the pursuit of a championship.

So many names man.....I think it's a beautiful thing for the league. The league is going through a transition.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/5/2004  1:36 PM
Yea I would love to find a way to land Kwame Brown,but I don't think Washington has given up on him yet. The kid has a ton of skills and I think he could thrive under Aguirre.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
4/5/2004  5:54 PM
wehave 0/100 chance to get kwame brown. why would wash give up on kwame brown when he is improving yearly at 21 years old 6-11 255 and showed 30 point 20 rebound games this year? they do need a C and their guards need to get kwame the ball more and take less shots.
RIP Crushalot😞
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/7/2004  7:44 AM
Grizzlies are trying to get their hand on a true star, which they lack (pau is not yet).

So, will they sacrifice nearly all the cap space they would have to match a full mid lev exception to swift ?

WOULD THEY MATCH OUR OFFER ?
fishmike
USA
4/7/2004  10:58 AM
my friend who's a big Jason Williams fans and watches 82 Grizz games a year says NO WAY they match a 6 year MLE deal for Swift. They have too many other guys ahead of him that they would rather pay.

Also (and he LOVES Stro's games) he talks alot about how dumb Stro is on the court and not a game goes by that Hubie doesnt pull him because of boneheaded plays.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/7/2004  11:45 AM
So we should go with what we have ?

I can't stand thinking about next season with KT manning our paint though I like him very much for all the qualities he has.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/7/2004  11:51 AM
Posted by raven:

So we should go with what we have ?

I can't stand thinking about next season with KT manning our paint though I like him very much for all the qualities he has.

we can go with what we have b/c sweetney should be better and so should frank. then we have deke+othella+cezary (around $10 mil) to use in a deal at the trading deadline.

if we stand pat, and h20 is healthy, we should be on pace to win 45 games next season.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/7/2004  12:23 PM
I am definately on the swift bandwagon, and I also like sura, he is a sure upgrade over anderson, can play some point and SG, rebounds and defends very well, shandon is a bum, I don't like him at all....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
4/7/2004  12:57 PM
no, i think there is only a 5% chance that we would be able to sign swift for that money-which is basically equivilant to his salary now.

i dont know what the knicks are going to do--are we going to take one of these disgruntled players with longer contracts like a stackhouse etc.. for our ending contracts--i dont know it seems to me that the knicks are likely going to try to build the team using other teams castoff player who were once either all stars or who have been injured and have already passed their prime. it's pure NY Ranger Knick way of building and it does not work. it never has and it never will
the reason i say swift is because we need shot blocking and defense in the post from a younger player that can grow with the team. i dont know if we will go that route no matter what because swift still is a PF and we really have 6 of them.

we do need to improve defense and rebounding number 1

but more than that this team seems so helter skelter to me. we need to find a way to cut the fat and find a style of play
we need to get rid of
hardaway andersen baker norris harrington dikembe and find out what we are going to do with sweetney johnson KT FW

we may have changed over the roster but i am one fan who believes that the way we changed the team will only bog us down further for years with some of these contracts. i feel some of these teams below us will be able to improve quite extensively and we used most of what we had in terms of assets---the only option for us is to continue to spend continue to take on salary and possibly put us in a worse quagmire. i dont think this team is in good position going forward, i think we are in a worse position then before we made 1 move. you get the fan who is hypersensitive about making the playoffs and thinks that this year is a success. this year was not a success, and i base my arguement on our record against good teams. if you have a team that cannot even compete with the big boys and you are locked in with mega contracts huge payroll --it's going to be hard to improve. we do need a C number 1
and we need serious help in the wing and the backcourt.

its fine that we have nazr tt and starbury along with sweetney but as we saw last night we need so much much more. and really i dont know what this guy is going to do. there is no doubt in my mind even if i owned the team that i would be willing to lose money for a couple of years to rebuild the team and cut payroll so i have the ability to see financial flexibilty in the future. we didnt do it, we did get a great player, but a player who even with some really good players at his side --much better than any knick lineup hasnt won anything

were in the 7th or 8th position in the east because we outspent everyone and there was just a total breakdown in the eastern conference

no one is going to sell us a lottery pick and really it will be tough to get any first round pick for the most part--its feasible but still its the cheap way for a team to try to improve--he CHEAPEST way and its a way of selling hope to your teams fans i dont know im still perplexed why we gave KT more money worsening the situation. the NY Knicks are in a quagmire worse than any point that i can remember, but lets see what isiah can do--if we come back basically the same team or close to it, i equate that with a faild plan. 1 week in camp and 7 preseason games isnt going to chnage a team with a coach who hasnt done anything in years.

surprise me isiah and please dont let the surprise be that you signed baker for 3 years.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
4/7/2004  2:04 PM
Swift's role gets smaller and smaller each year. He may go elsewhere for more money but Mem doesnt match a 6 year offer.

Now is where you have to be a little patient. The problem with building a team with other team's cast off players is those teams like the Rangers or Layden's Knicks never properly invested in young talent. Layden traded first round picks for Erick Strickland and Othella Harrington. We never had anything in the pipeline.

I think Isiah knows that this thing only happens by developing young talent, but there is no reason to stink while we wait for all Shandon, Houston, Spoon, Eisley and Van Horn to expire.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/7/2004  5:10 PM
Swift is cool cause he can dunk and block shots, but that's not the type of player we need. We more or less need a consistent offensive option either low post or shooting wise. We can't keep depending on Allan anymore.
my number 1 option for offseason improvement

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy