[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what happened to the tt bashers?
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/4/2004  5:53 PM
wiht all of the naysayers and people bashing tim, i hope they can see now how valuable he is. foe exactly a month there were people on this board who can't stand thomas and wanted van horn. well, look at what milwakee has been doing during their stretch run. fluttering. van horn doing his usual disappearing act this time of year. meanwhile tt has become a reliable third option scorer who is better defensively than we give him credit for. he is also clutch during the stretch like sinking the free throws to ice games. last night pretty much penciled us in the postseason unless we have a complete meltdown the next week and a half. we will see how tt continues to be money when it counts.
AUTOADVERT
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/4/2004  10:44 PM
As a Knick, KVH averaged 16 and 7.
TT is averaging 15 and 5.

Nazr's availibility due to the pending change of ownership in ATL made this trade a slam dunk. What else can the naysayers say?
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
4/4/2004  10:48 PM
Too early to tell anythihg. Lets see how TT plays over a real season after a training camp and with a stable starting lineup. Untill then this whole team is a mistery.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/4/2004  11:14 PM
i will say this - although the #'s may be a wash, i have more confidence in tim thomas, if not to hit the big shot, to at least get to the free throw line in the 4th quarter. it is too early to tell but if you trace it back, this turned out to be sprewell and doleac for tim thomas and nazr. i'm sure a lot of people would've taken that trade before the season started.
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
4/5/2004  4:03 PM
TT for KVH still to early... although TT gave me something to think about in my head, just looking at that fast break point he did off the steal made me think.. The only thing i liked about KVH is his heart and way i think he wanted to be here.. KVH is the better shooter/rebounder but TT shooting is not bad from what i seen. Both players lack consistency... I will give this more time but i think if TT works out well in NY the trade workout for both teams.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/5/2004  4:06 PM
Come playoffs... I wouldn't want Van Horn out there to choke.
They guy likes NY.. fine
The guy has some range... fine
The guy can rebound.. fine
The guy has Noooo skills in the clutch.
He's like a big Timid player...
I am very happy we got TT and Nazr!

Knicks RULE!!!!!!!
Van Horn Drools!!!

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 04/05/2004 16:07:25]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/5/2004  4:29 PM
"As a Knick, KVH averaged 16 and 7.
TT is averaging 15 and 5."

Do people really care and judge players by box scores? I like KVH when he was here an appreciated his game, but did anyone notice that relying on a guy that cant keep his man in front of him, who has bad hands, who cant handle the ball, who doest like taking big shots and who is very foul prone late in games is a liability?

Rebounding is important, and KVH is clearly better on the boards. But TT can handle the ball, and at 6'10 can play the 2,3 or even some at the 4.

Nazr is great trade bait... his $5 mill makes him a PERFECT sign and trade guy, not to mention the 12/9 he's averaged as a starter.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TRU
Member: #196
USA
4/5/2004  6:05 PM
Posted by fishmike:

"As a Knick, KVH averaged 16 and 7.
TT is averaging 15 and 5."

Do people really care and judge players by box scores? I like KVH when he was here an appreciated his game, but did anyone notice that relying on a guy that cant keep his man in front of him, who has bad hands, who cant handle the ball, who doest like taking big shots and who is very foul prone late in games is a liability?

Rebounding is important, and KVH is clearly better on the boards. But TT can handle the ball, and at 6'10 can play the 2,3 or even some at the 4.

Nazr is great trade bait... his $5 mill makes him a PERFECT sign and trade guy, not to mention the 12/9 he's averaged as a starter.

good post.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/5/2004  6:09 PM
fishmike,

I posted those stats to respond to the naysayers who said we were losing scoring and rebounding in the trade. To me, the SF position is not much worse off statistically while the C position was strengthened considerably with the addition of Nazr.

Nazr can also slide over and play the 4, if there is an injury or trade at that position.

And that 6 game losing streak we went on that added so much fuel to the naysayers's fire coincided with a western swing. We are 11- 12 since the trade, but we are much better off as a TEAM.

[Edited by - kam77 on 04/05/2004 18:10:29]
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
4/6/2004  12:12 AM
We were still playing better before the all-star break (after we got marbury) than we have been playing. The only real difference is KVH vs. TT. I don't hate the trade, but i think TT is more inconsistent and that KVH was a better fit for the team
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/6/2004  12:22 AM
"The only real difference is KVH vs. TT."

Houston has been injured since the All-Star break, Thomas has been injured, Penny has been injured, and Frank Williams went AWOL.

I would say they all contributed as much as the different games of KVH and TT.
#Knickstaps
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/6/2004  1:34 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"The only real difference is KVH vs. TT."

Houston has been injured since the All-Star break, Thomas has been injured, Penny has been injured, and Frank Williams went AWOL.

I would say they all contributed as much as the different games of KVH and TT.

Don't you just hate beeing right!!! LOL
what happened to the tt bashers?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy