[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
4/4/2004  5:31 AM
KT is another guy taking a lot of heat on this board. In his defense I have to say Riley, Van Gundy, Chaney, Wilkens and Don Nelsen and Zeke have all thru words and or actions indicated that they thought he was a pretty good player. You may think some of the above may not be very good at what they do - but do you think they're all wrong. I don't. Kt is a solid player.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/4/2004  10:46 AM
Posted by OldFan:

KT is another guy taking a lot of heat on this board. In his defense I have to say Riley, Van Gundy, Chaney, Wilkens and Don Nelsen and Zeke have all thru words and or actions indicated that they thought he was a pretty good player. You may think some of the above may not be very good at what they do - but do you think they're all wrong. I don't. Kt is a solid player.

Why is it that they say good thing about KT but when it comes to talking about trades they seem to want nothing to do with KT. Another thing JVG used KT as a backup and thats what KT is a solid backup. When JVG had to use him in the starting lineup after LJ retired JVG retired from the Knicks why because he saw no future on the KNicks. My problem with KT is that he is a jump shooting fool. This team needs a post presence at PF and KT doesn't bring that. I think having a strong post presence is the key for players like H20, TT and Marbury.

KT's defense is overrated, unathletic, and foul prone. I always felt that the KNicks will not win with KT as their starter. This team with KT as the starter is close to 30 games under 500 since his insertion into the starting lineup. You get KT out and you will realize how great life after KT is.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/4/2004  10:47 AM
Posted by OldFan:

Why is it that they say good thing about KT but when it comes to talking about trades they seem to want nothing to do with KT. Another thing JVG used KT as a backup and thats what KT is a solid backup. When JVG had to use him in the starting lineup after LJ retired JVG retired from the Knicks why because he saw no future on the KNicks. My problem with KT is that he is a jump shooting fool. This team needs a post presence at PF and KT doesn't bring that. I think having a strong post presence is the key for players like H20, TT and Marbury.

KT's defense is overrated, unathletic, and foul prone. I always felt that the KNicks will not win with KT as their starter. This team with KT as the starter is close to 30 games under 500 since his insertion into the starting lineup. You get KT out and you will realize how great life after KT is.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/4/2004  11:00 AM
Posted by Vmart:

Amen brother.....do I even need to post anything after that

I just wanna add the fact that Don Nelson, and whatever name you can bring up could say what they want about a player. I have two eye's. I never let peoples opinions sway me to go in another direction just because they are supposed to be experts.

When KT pump fakes his jumper then dribbles off...when the defense stops him doesn't it make you cringe? I mean that is just about all the offensive skills the guy has. Insert Juwan Howard, Rahim, or your favorite power forward and it's a big difference.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BrilliantTruth
Member: #622
4/4/2004  1:19 PM
Can people please stop mentioning Juwan Howard as if he's good. I see this guy play everyday, and he is fu**in horrible. I would take KT any day of the week, and twice on sundays over Juwan.

Stop the insanity.
Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/4/2004  3:45 PM
KT is not an elite PF. He is a good defender and a good shooter from 15 feet. Dont expect him to post up like Shareef! You think he is a solid backup, thats fine but he can still play defense on starting PF's. He does a good job on them and he never gets lazy. I'll take KT too.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
OldFan
4/4/2004  4:57 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Vmart:

Amen brother.....do I even need to post anything after that

I just wanna add the fact that Don Nelson, and whatever name you can bring up could say what they want about a player. I have two eye's. I never let peoples opinions sway me to go in another direction just because they are supposed to be experts.

When KT pump fakes his jumper then dribbles off...when the defense stops him doesn't it make you cringe? I mean that is just about all the offensive skills the guy has. Insert Juwan Howard, Rahim, or your favorite power forward and it's a big difference.

Well it's good to have confidence in yourself - but mentioning Rahim and Howard in the same breath doesn't inspire my confidence in your opinion. Of course I would rather have Rahim then KT. (Howards a joke). But the trade dead line is past and LJ is retired. KT ain't great but he isn't terrible and he's the best we got. I don't see how this team is better not playing KT which is what a lot of posts are saying.
RonRon
Member: #246
4/4/2004  5:00 PM
i totally agree brilliant truth,
some people on the board are stat watchers and not game watchers obviously.
juwan sux big time no doubt about it
KT > JH
OldFan
4/4/2004  5:02 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by OldFan:

Of course the team was better with KT on the bench - that means they had someone better then KT starting. My issue is the Knicks don't have someone better then KT NOW. And a lot of the posts are saying KT is terrible when some pretty good coaches thought he was good enough to get significant playing time. Remember when VG was here KT was getting playing time on a GOOD TEAM. This team isn't good and given what we got - KT deserves to start.
EnySpree

4/4/2004  10:04 PM
Ron Ron, Brilliant truth.....that some people you guys keep saying is me. I'm the one that mentioned Juwan Howard.

Stat watcher.....KT has no post up game period. When KT shot fakes and takes that one dribble that he always does if he can't get open he is stuck right there. I bring up Rahim and that's fine but If I say Howard then I'm a stat watcher. Howard is not a world beater but he can score in a variety of ways....much more than KT's stupid shot fake. If anything you guys are stat watchers cuz why should Rahim be ok and Howard not even be mentioned. Howard is a legit post option in this league....That's what the Knick need. I didn't mention a thing about stats

I didn't mention stats once....so what are you guys talking about?
All the defense in the world doesn't make up for the lack of any offensive ability....when was the last time KT played defense anyway?

KT is not elite. He's also not a starter on a good team. Until the Knicks get an up grade over KT the Knicks are gonna be stuck where they are.

Stat watcher? You guys are nuts. Everyone on this site keeps saying we need a center when Nazr has been playing well. If you watch games you would see that he's been playing well. At least Briggs mentions
Araujo, a college dude. Everyone else thinks the Knicks can get Sheed for 5 mill.

I think you guys are so set on going with what the media says that you can't come to your own conclusions.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
4/4/2004  10:47 PM
IMO,HT<JH.First thing first,WALLACE.the same thing we offered Spoon the mid-level but one thing we know for sure is that Wallace can play for type of money n more and he wont let us down.
!!!Knicks!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/4/2004  11:19 PM
kurt does play solid defense on opposing PF/C's down the stretch of games. outside of that, his jumpshoot and stupid fouls have been killing us this season. but down the stretch of games, kurt is our best bigman defender.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
4/5/2004  1:06 AM
kurt sucks,why are you even arguing?can you not see him play?

he has no offense: decent wide open shot(doleac's was better), can't go anywhere once has the ball

his defense for some reason is overated-cannot get off the ground, hence can't get a block. can't move his feet, hence can't keep up with any players with any mobility whatsoever.

people on this board say oh but he is tough. i can't tell you how stupid that is. tough? oh so he is good at getting into foul trouble? BRAVO! he can look angry when he's getting dogged? BRAVO. he sucks

can't get meaninful rebounds that anyone else couldn't get
Yes! - Marv Albert
EnySpree

4/5/2004  1:36 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

he has no offense: decent wide open shot(doleac's was better), can't go anywhere once has the ball

his defense for some reason is overated-cannot get off the ground, hence can't get a block. can't move his feet, hence can't keep up with any players with any mobility whatsoever.

people on this board say oh but he is tough. i can't tell you how stupid that is. tough? oh so he is good at getting into foul trouble? BRAVO! he can look angry when he's getting dogged? BRAVO. he sucks

Preach on brother!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/5/2004  1:49 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

Preach on brother!

and on and on and on!!
jhferry
Member: #447
4/5/2004  2:18 PM
Kurt Thomas completly sucks. Anyone who thinks otherwise either is blind or have been watching this team be bad for so long they forgot what a good player really is. Theres a difference in a good player and a good player on the Knicks.
bernard
Member: #475
4/5/2004  2:41 PM
KT doesn't suck. He's limited, but very good at what he's good at. He's got an excellent shot 12-18 ft. He plays good post-up d. Plays good help d. That's it.

Spoon sucked. OH sucks. KT is a regular contributor. Hopefully, Sweets will become the man, but for now, he's inconsistent. So KT's our best option. And if we're going to focus on one area for improvement for next year, I'd make it be center. Nazr's a good back-up, but until his D gets stronger, he's more of a liability as a starter than KT. And we've got Sweets backing KT. So, if we get lucky and he keeps improving, Sweets may be starting by the end of next year anyway.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/5/2004  2:42 PM
Everybody forgets that KT is really limited right now in his kind of game as his finger injury prevents him from really banging with people all the time. That is when he is at his best. And that is when he is an OK starter. Put him next to a lowpost player, C or PF, doesnt matter, and he is gold with his ability to hit the open j. Lakers would lover to have him next to Shaq. He might be our only chance to swing a deal for Kobe along with Houston if his health improves.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
4/5/2004  9:08 PM
Posted by simrud:

Everybody forgets that KT is really limited right now in his kind of game as his finger injury prevents him from really banging with people all the time. That is when he is at his best. And that is when he is an OK starter. Put him next to a lowpost player, C or PF, doesnt matter, and he is gold with his ability to hit the open j. Lakers would lover to have him next to Shaq. He might be our only chance to swing a deal for Kobe along with Houston if his health improves.

no theyd rather have malone
Yes! - Marv Albert
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/5/2004  11:30 PM
And I'd rather have Duncan, he sure is an improvement over Kurt.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy