Member: #4359

2/23/2013  8:43 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Scott Skiles or JVG,

make it happen Jimmy Dolans!

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

it's the perfect time for it, jvg instantly brings hard nose basketball, puts everyone in line and we slug it out deep into playoffs,

this is the only way

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/23/2013  8:46 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

it's the perfect time for it, jvg instantly brings hard nose basketball, puts everyone in line and we slug it out deep into playoffs,

this is the only way

I agree. PJAX will never happen and he is getting really old.

the question is, will Dolan be man enough to do it?

JVG will not stand for this phuck and chuck offense.

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0

2/23/2013  8:59 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

this is the only way

doubt dolan has the junk to pull the trigger,

he's still hurting over jeremy lin, it was all ***** cat hurt feelings that sent our franchise point guard to houston,

what will happen is something like the isiah era again, i expect woodson to coach next season,

about 45 wins would be enough to secure woody's job for another year because the excuse can be amar'e's fall from grace and the age of the roster,

maybe some addition in the off season, don't know what they can do really

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/23/2013  9:09 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

this is the only way

Not ready to throw Woodson under the bus but I would love if Jeff came back. I think he burned his bridge with Dolan. Also, Glen and Woodson go way back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/23/2013  9:16 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

this is the only way

Papabear Says

Dolan will never bring him back.

Papabear
IronWillGiroud

2/23/2013  9:21 PM
Papabear wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

this is the only way

Papabear Says

Dolan will never bring him back.

yea, it's beyond dolan to ever make a smart move

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/23/2013  9:21 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:

No to Skiles.

HELL YES TO JVG!!

Can it happen cross?

There's no way JVG will ever come back to work under Dolan; he saw the writing on the wall and got out while he still could.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/23/2013  9:23 PM
Why wait?

Fire Mike Woodson on Sunday night.

once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/23/2013  9:33 PM
If knicks are gonna fire woody it will be after the season and they need a great young coaching mind.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ewing got the job

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
2/23/2013  9:39 PM
Scott Skiles is good for a young team like the Kings. He'd be horrible here. He doesn't know how to deal with personalities.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/23/2013  10:39 PM
Bring back Don Nelson , him and Kidd would get along swell.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
2/23/2013  10:47 PM
SMH
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/23/2013  11:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2013  11:42 PM
I get on Woodson from time to time, but it's only his first full season as Knicks head coach, with a roster that's been injured left and right. We're 1.0 games back of the 2nd seed and could win our Atlantic Division for the first time since 1993-1994, but yet, now it's fire coach Woodson? Bunch of love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down types of fans. Forget about the injuries in which he's had to coach through thus far, but what about the fact that players such as Felton, Kidd, Pablo, *Brewer*, White, Copeland, Camby, Kurt, Rasheed and now Kenyon in which weren't even on our Knicks roster last season? 10 players. But yet we're only 1.0 games back of the two seed. Yea, o.k.
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

2/24/2013  12:03 AM
NYKMentality wrote:I get on Woodson from time to time, but it's only his first full season as Knicks head coach, with a roster that's been injured left and right. We're 1.0 games back of the 2nd seed and could win our Atlantic Division for the first time since 1993-1994, but yet, now it's fire coach Woodson? Bunch of love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down types of fans. Forget about the injuries in which he's had to coach through thus far, but what about the fact that players such as Felton, Kidd, Pablo, *Brewer*, White, Copeland, Camby, Kurt, Rasheed and now Kenyon in which weren't even on our Knicks roster last season? 10 players. But yet we're only 1.0 games back of the two seed. Yea, o.k.

Glen "Puppet" Grunwald himself said we haven't had any more injuries than other teams (which is true) and also said teams adjusted to us and we need to change our gameplan. When the mute puppet GM that everyone loves is saying this then there are no excuses.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2013  12:20 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I get on Woodson from time to time, but it's only his first full season as Knicks head coach, with a roster that's been injured left and right. We're 1.0 games back of the 2nd seed and could win our Atlantic Division for the first time since 1993-1994, but yet, now it's fire coach Woodson? Bunch of love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down types of fans. Forget about the injuries in which he's had to coach through thus far, but what about the fact that players such as Felton, Kidd, Pablo, *Brewer*, White, Copeland, Camby, Kurt, Rasheed and now Kenyon in which weren't even on our Knicks roster last season? 10 players. But yet we're only 1.0 games back of the two seed. Yea, o.k.

Glen "Puppet" Grunwald himself said we haven't had any more injuries than other teams (which is true) and also said teams adjusted to us and we need to change our gameplan. When the mute puppet GM that everyone loves is saying this then there are no excuses.

Grunwald has done a much better job than Walsh in my opinion. With the Knicks cap situation, manipulating contracts on so the Knicks had a minimum cash commitment on guys like Gadz, Jorts and Jordan was brilliant. Finding talents at the rookie free agent minimum that can come in and contribute and have a ton of experience in Prigs and Cope was inovative. Trading Brewer for a future second round pick and trade exception to free up a roster spot when the Knicks appeared to have no options was minimally resourceful. I don't see Grunwald as a puppet. Unlike Isiah and Walsh he is a behind the scenes guy. That doesn't make him a puppet. I hope you are not implying that he is a puppet because he understood the new cba and didn't match Lin's poison pill contract.
JamesKPolk

2/24/2013  12:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2013  12:27 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Grunwald has done a much better job than Walsh in my opinion. With the Knicks cap situation, manipulating contracts on so the Knicks had a minimum cash commitment on guys like Gadz, Jorts and Jordan was brilliant. Finding talents at the rookie free agent minimum that can come in and contribute and have a ton of experience in Prigs and Cope was inovative. Trading Brewer for a future second round pick and trade exception to free up a roster spot when the Knicks appeared to have no options was minimally resourceful. I don't see Grunwald as a puppet. Unlike Isiah and Walsh he is a behind the scenes guy. That doesn't make him a puppet. I hope you are not implying that he is a puppet because he understood the new cba and didn't match Lin's poison pill contract.

What an insult to Donnie Walsh. Walsh changed everything for this franchise and allowed Grunwald to do whatever the hell he has done here, which isn't much. Giving Novak $16 million for 4 years and signing the 2001 All-Star Team doesn't impress me.

Glen Grunwald is a puppet. Behind the scenes...okay. Is that why he has disappeared like Layden and gives cryptic answers to mostly everything ala Layden/Isiah? The only reason we saw Isiah was because he was head coach. He would have disappeared like Grunwald/Layden as well. Dolan controls his GM and if he can't have his power then he's not happy. Look what happened with Walsh.

Grunwald and Woodson are best friends with Isiah. It's not a coincidence that they're in the positions they are in.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2013  12:34 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

What an insult to Donnie Walsh. Walsh changed everything for this franchise and allowed Grunwald to do whatever the hell he has done here, which isn't much. Giving Novak $16 million for 4 years and signing the 2001 All-Star Team doesn't impress me.

Glen Grunwald is a puppet. Behind the scenes...okay. Is that why he has disappeared like Layden and gives cryptic answers to mostly everything ala Layden/Isiah? The only reason we saw Isiah was because he was head coach. He would have disappeared like Grunwald/Layden as well. Dolan controls his GM and if he can't have his power then he's not happy. Look what happened with Walsh.

Grunwald and Woodson are best friends with Isiah. It's not a coincidence that they're in the positions they are in.

Walsh made a huge mistake in the coach he hired. He attempted to make it not a mistake and that influenced a lot of his decisions and personnel moves. He also let everyone know what his plan was and was taken advantage of in every trade he executed as the Knicks gm. Yeah no sexual harassment occured on his watch and no one from Marbury's family was working for the Knicks but does it make you a good gm just because you weren't a moral and professional embarassment to the franchise you work for? What was the highlight of his tenure in NY? The Amare signing?

JamesKPolk

2/24/2013  1:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2013  1:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Walsh made a huge mistake in the coach he hired. He attempted to make it not a mistake and that influenced a lot of his decisions and personnel moves. He also let everyone know what his plan was and was taken advantage of in every trade he executed as the Knicks gm. Yeah no sexual harassment occured on his watch and no one from Marbury's family was working for the Knicks but does it make you a good gm just because you weren't a moral and professional embarassment to the franchise you work for? What was the highlight of his tenure in NY? The Amare signing?

What? What was the highlight of his tenure?

How about the fact that he turned this franchise from disgraceful joke to respectable in 2 years? Many thought it would take way longer.

Taken advantage of in every trade? Are you making this up like you always do to support your opinion? Sort of how you do with Mike Woodson. How was he "taken advantage of" when most of his "assets" sucked and had awful contracts? He made do with what he had. Also the fact of the matter is he is the one that found Fields, Harrellson and the like in the draft. He also brought in the beloved Shumpert, a pick that was dissed on draft night by nearly everyone. He brought in Stoudemire, who before the Anthony trade was dominating the league and he put together a young, talented team with cap room before the Anthony trade. The Anthony trade, by the way, was still his. However forced it was on him, he still made it. So the fact that you credit some puppet who has done nothing here but sign hasbeens and scrubs to bad contracts and insult Donnie Walsh is insulting.

Donnie Walsh made a mistake hiring Mike D'Antoni. It was his biggest mistake. Glen Grunwald (or was it Isiah?) hired his friend Mike Woodson. It was a mistake then and it's a mistake now. No matter how much you want to defend Grunwald that's the truth.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/24/2013  7:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2013  7:34 AM
Stop it. And don't you dare credit Walsh for Danilo Gallinari. All Walsh did was sign the ink. It was Mike D'Antoni who not only scouted Gallo out in Italy, but also landed Gallo as a Knick. Know the complete history of the situation before you dare give Walsh credit for Gallo. Mike D'Antoni played basketball alongside Gallo's father within the Italian leage. They played for Olimpia Milano. In 2006, Gallo was recalled by Olimpia Milano. Mike D'Antoni is the one responsible for Gallo being a Knick, not "Donnie Walsh".

JamesKPolk wrote: He made do with what he had. Also the fact of the matter is he is the one that found Fields, Harrellson and the like in the draft.

And that's some type of accomplishment? Fields and Harrellson are both laughing stock jokes. Shouldn't have been drafted to begin with. Harrellson was a bust. Only played 6 games all of last season and has yet to play a game here in 2012-2013. His career may be over before it started. Why's Harrellson a free agent? Because he's not a good basketball player. Fields? Horrrid on a nightly basis. Has one of the worst Player Efficiency Ratings on Toronto's team. Had a couple of solid games early on as a rookie before becoming a complete bust of an NBA player. Just go back and watch our two postseasons against Boston and Miami. He was lost and confused as a player who shouldn't have been in the NBA to begin with. This season with Toronto? He's worse than most rookies. Giving the Raptors absolutely nothing. Fields and Harrellson? Laughable.

JamesKPolk wrote:He also brought in the beloved Shumpert, a pick that was dissed on draft night by nearly everyone.
I give credit to Walsh for Shumpert. Excellent talent especially before his injury. But we should've gone for the Nation's leading rebounder in Kenneth Faried over Shumpert, especially for a team that's lacked rebounding ability for many of years on end. But in regards to our fan base being against Shumpert? That's a lie. Anyone who loves ACC basketball understood Shumpert was an athletic freak with amazing defensive ability. There were threads on RealGM comparing Shumpert to Wade in regards to when Wade came out of college (talent-wise). Much of our fan base has loved Shumpert since day one. Especially as Shump was balling out during those NBA summer leagues (lockout).

JamesKPolk wrote: He brought in Stoudemire, who before the Anthony trade was dominating the league

Going after Amar'e Stoudemire is becoming a disaster. We all knew Stoudemire had a history of injuries throughout his career and we all knew Amar'e was a joke on defense. Now look, still a joke on defense while missing 53 games (as a Knick) due to injury. Not only that, but while the Miami Heat signed LeBron James, our Knicks got stuck with Amar'e Stoudemire. You know what's sad about this picture? It's not that Miami landed LeBron while we landed Amar'e, but instead the fact that Amar'e is being paid more than LeBron James. Much more. LeBron is due $57,202,500 when compared to Amar'e who's due $65,039,680 over the next 3 years. A difference of over 7 freaking million dollars in regards to Amar'e/LeBron for a player in which has not only had a history of injuries throughout his career but also a history of being a joke on defense. Walsh dropped the ball with Amar'e Stoudemire.

JamesKPolk wrote:and he put together a young, talented team with cap room before the Anthony trade.

I'll agree to disagree. Everyone talks about the Knicks being .500 over our past 28-29 games as some type of "mediocre team". Well, we're currently 32-20. That team before the trade? The definition of mediocre. Only 28-26 overall after 54 games. Not sure how current Knick fans can harp over the Knicks playing .500 ball during our previous 28-29 games when that 2010-2011 Knicks team was only 2 games above .500 after 54 games...

But yea, that team wasn't even that talented (as you say). Not sure what you're talking about there. What have guys such as Anthony Randolph and Timofey Mozgov done over the years? Please let me know since they've been "oh so talented". Better yet, where are players such as Roger Mason Jr, Bill Walker, Andy Rautins and Shawne Williams? Answer me that. Guys such as Toney Douglas and Ronny Turiaf? Not so much. Randolph, Mozgov, Mason, Walker, Williams, Douglas, Turiaf and Andy Rautins? Talented? Laughable. I'll give you Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari, but then again, they can't compare to J.R Smith and Carmelo Anthony. This myth about that pre-trade team being "talented" outside of four players in Felton, Stoudemire, Wilson and Gallo is a joke. More like a bold face lie...

JamesKPolk wrote:The Anthony trade, by the way, was still his. However forced it was on him, he still made it. So the fact that you credit some puppet who has done nothing here but sign hasbeens and scrubs to bad contracts and insult Donnie Walsh is insulting.

I'm just calling it how I see it. But will never use blind hatred (because I don't hate Walsh) when talking Knicks basketball. I give it to Donnie here. We needed an elite NBA star to keep our franchise moving forward, and he pulled the trigger while landing Carmelo Anthony. If not, Melo could be a Brooklyn Net as of right now. I give lots of credit to both Walsh and James Dolan for Melo currently being a Knick. Our greatest Knick since Patrick Ewing of his prime years. We needed this.

JamesKPolk wrote:Donnie Walsh made a mistake hiring Mike D'Antoni. It was his biggest mistake. Glen Grunwald (or was it Isiah?) hired his friend Mike Woodson. It was a mistake then and it's a mistake now. No matter how much you want to defend Grunwald that's the truth.

A mistake then and now? Wrong. We're 3rd seed of the Eastern Conference and only 1.0 games back of the two seed during coach Woodson's first (full) season as Knicks head coach. We could be on the verge of winning our Atlantic Division for the first time dating back to 1993-1994 (19 years to be exact) and we've also gone 49-26 dating back to becoming coach against Portland last season.

Outside of landing Carmelo Anthony, Glen Grunwald has been a much better G.M when compared to Walsh.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/24/2013  8:40 AM
Who knew mutes could talk.
Dare I say the Woody Watch has started?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy