[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

last night is a perfect example of just how far off this team is and why the playoffs
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/3/2004  9:45 AM
we had no excuses last night--this team is just what it is a collection of players put together with a ton of money incoherently with no style of play. my opinion hasnt changed here--to me this coaching job is no better than chaney's--perhaps even worse--the players are what they are very inconsistent and what looks like rag tag. nothing fits-- some good individual talent with some mediocre players no real size athletiscm heart or defense

i personally dont care if we make the playoffs--we will but still its an anti-climatic disgarce-this team with our payroll and depth in the shtty east and i mean SHTTY should be .500 i mean we have a competitive advantage over every club with twice the salary structure

with a 100mm $ payroll--all you would ask is that there is a reasonable perception that we can be legitimate contenders and we are not even close. vin baker othella harrington andersen blah blah blah id rather play sweetney and demarr johnson and win 20 games so we can get a top 3 draft pick or if we had a player we could trade for multiple picks, but we have nothing but overpaid older crp for the most part or underwhelming younger players who have little value.

marbury will be 28 during next year--does anyone really think we can put the right players around him that fast??

do i have to hear people say nazr M is our starting C going forward? i know dikembe is 95 years old, but even at his slowed pace--the best basketball the knicks have played in 5 years occured when he was on the court with his ability to shut off the lane.

were going to make the playoffs but its only a factor of backing in in a conference that i just cant fathom of how bad these teasm are--and they want to dilute the talent pool with an expansion team?

somewhere somehow we are going to be forced to take two steps back before we go forward--we had the chance the last few yeasr and we didnt take it. this team couldve already went through a major rehaul
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
4/3/2004  10:18 AM
This was a typical Knick loss. I fully expected a complete letdown, especially after so much time off. There are still too many players on this team that look for excuses to give up on games. (Read Kurt Thomas, Anderson, etc.) As long as there are still remains of the Layden/Chaney regime we will have these flashbacks.

To me the main reason we lost was coaching. Lenny Wilkens was not even awake for this game. Not a single adjustment was made. Not a single guy pulled for complete lack of defesne. If the Knicks were to get anywhere as a team Lenny has to be fired.

Today OH, Anderson and Norris were played ahead of Sweetney, Johnson and FW. Sweeteny and Demarr were the guys who stepped up big and won games for us while we had all the injuries just a game ago. Yet somehow they loose their rotation spots to garbage players that should even be in the NBA. I'm starting to hate Lenny as much as I hated Chaney. When will NY get a real coach? At this point you almost want for Iseah to take over. Damn Lenny is a senile bastard that needs to be lucked up in an elderly home far far away from a basketballt team.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
4/3/2004  10:24 AM
I agree, no use beating a dead horse.....If Zeke seen enough, the talent pool is now solid [compared to last season] for post season trades
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/3/2004  11:09 AM
Briggs stop acting like the sky is falling man, I was also upset at that pathetic loss last night, it should have never happened, period. But you act as if next year when steph is 28, his career is over, cut it out, the knicks over the next 2-3 years can put enough talent around him to build a winner and he still won't be 30yet. And you say we could have started the rebuilding years ago, well tell me, what we going to rebuild with or around? huh? Remember the salary cap is a reflection of the layden era, it is going to take time for zeke to clean this mess, you just can't snap your fingers and rid yourself of Houston't 100mil deal and Andersons ridiculous contract, come on man, you should know this..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/3/2004  11:13 AM
Posted by simrud:

This was a typical Knick loss. I fully expected a complete letdown, especially after so much time off. There are still too many players on this team that look for excuses to give up on games. (Read Kurt Thomas, Anderson, etc.) As long as there are still remains of the Layden/Chaney regime we will have these flashbacks.

To me the main reason we lost was coaching. Lenny Wilkens was not even awake for this game. Not a single adjustment was made. Not a single guy pulled for complete lack of defesne. If the Knicks were to get anywhere as a team Lenny has to be fired.

Today OH, Anderson and Norris were played ahead of Sweetney, Johnson and FW. Sweeteny and Demarr were the guys who stepped up big and won games for us while we had all the injuries just a game ago. Yet somehow they loose their rotation spots to garbage players that should even be in the NBA. I'm starting to hate Lenny as much as I hated Chaney. When will NY get a real coach? At this point you almost want for Iseah to take over. Damn Lenny is a senile bastard that needs to be lucked up in an elderly home far far away from a basketballt team.

Hey, OH was one of the few guys that came to play last night. As soon as he got in he was fighting for rebounds, looseballs, and he played well for the minutes he got. Wilkens gave Sweetney a chance earlier on in the game and Sweentey wasn't playing well so he took him out. I agree that Wilkens made some bad coaching moves last night, but I wouldn't include OH as one of them. He played with a lot of heart last night. Plus, Demarr doesn't really play well unless he gets major minutes, and with Hardaway back I don't think he will get those minutes anymore.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
4/3/2004  11:17 AM
Posted by tkf:

Briggs stop acting like the sky is falling man, I was also upset at that pathetic loss last night, it should have never happened, period. But you act as if next year when steph is 28, his career is over, cut it out, the knicks over the next 2-3 years can put enough talent around him to build a winner and he still won't be 30yet. And you say we could have started the rebuilding years ago, well tell me, what we going to rebuild with or around? huh? Remember the salary cap is a reflection of the layden era, it is going to take time for zeke to clean this mess, you just can't snap your fingers and rid yourself of Houston't 100mil deal and Andersons ridiculous contract, come on man, you should know this..

Well said, everyone knows that we had a huge mess this year. It won't take overnight to clean up. But we are going in the right direction. If we don't make the playoffs, this season will still be a success in some ways because we got rid of our gm and we finally have HOPE for the future. When Layden got fired and Isiah acquired Marbury, how happy were we. We were estatic. But we still all have to remember that this team needed and still needs a lot of work so the fact that we might make the playoffs for the first time in 2 years is a success.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/3/2004  3:54 PM
we need a bunch of players who can run the break, we need a true 5 post up player, we need a PF that can jump more than 2 inches off the ground--actually we still have something like 5 PF still and if we can fill these voids while marbury is 28-29 yeasr old, it will only be by miracle. the team needed to be torn apart and rebuilt--even if it meant 2-3 years more of no playoffs. the way we are constructed---or reconstructed --its just not good enough--this is NOT a good team its an OK team. we made so many major moves yet *realistcally* we need much more player turnover. this is not based on one game--this is based on the body of work.

I want guys who can defend aggresively run the floor anchored by a true post. we have 0 chance to get this unless we take steps back meaning we have to stink--with a 100mm$ payroll and bringing in the vinny bakers and having a tremendous amount of medicore veteran depth surrounded by one great skill PG--we will win 35-38 games we wont stink but we will have 0 chance at even thinking we can play with elite teams.

worse is guys like curry brown arenas lebron are just going to get better and we will have a line up of guys 10 years older

i hate the stupid crp that we have injuries so we have problems--BS EVERY team has injury problems but they dont have 100MM dollar payrolls for depth or we need a full TC[by the way which lasts all of 1 week--its not football or baseball] for chemistry.

A- we need to establish a style of play

B- we need to find a coach and players who will fit that style of play

c- we need to spend our money wisely

d we have to establish a defensive mentality again = tough players with heart

we rushed lenny wilkens in here we didnt need to spend 30mm on KT we needed to negotiate the marbury deal better and adding vin baker in retrospect only complicates the smorgsaboard of players in the post and ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason to trade for moochi norris--if we didnt want weatherspoon we couldve simply waived him. moochie norris should not be playing 1 minute over FW --in fact he shouldve never been here in the first place--dont bring in a a player just to bring one in unless you believe he can be a core componenet of a great team. moochie norris and vin baker are not pro active moves rather desperate ploys for this year when we arent doing anything anyway.

winning 37 games and losing in the first round of the eastern conference is not a successful unless it was a young team starting to gell its way up.

RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
USA
4/3/2004  4:30 PM
Yes it is a success, because this team was such a mess and now its starting to get better. We all know that we have no shot to win a title yet but we have HOPE, something that we did not have last year or the year before that. We have a true PG in his prime, and we have a young C who will probably get better. Yes there are some voids to fill. But we can't fill them all. Usually every team has at least 1 or 2 problems with it. No team is perfect. Even without Houston, if all of the other guys are healthy this team can still advance to the 2nd round this year. I really don't think rebuilding would've been the right thing for us because one it takes long (personally, I wouldn't mind the wait)and two, rebuilding has to be done right (see Chicago Bulls). Even if we don't make the playoffs (we should though), this team is going in the right direction. Thats why this is a successful season. Layden is gone and we actually have a future. BTW we do have a PF that can jump more than 2 inches off the ground, his name is Michael Sweetney. Who knows maybe Sweentey will become our starting PF 2 years from now.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/03/2004 16:31:56]

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/03/2004 16:35:48]
last night is a perfect example of just how far off this team is and why the playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy