[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THE BIG GAME THREAD: KNICKS PACERS WE DO IT, 2/20/13, 7:00 PM (ET) WE DO IT!
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/20/2013  8:34 PM
playa2 wrote:Now the only intelligent reason why the team is playing so uninterested is because a trade is coming UP ON THURSDAY and the team is protesting against management by playing poorly. WE WILL SEE TOMMOROW.
Please stop man. Thats a BS excuses. First you said that Sheed will make us a force again lol
AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/20/2013  8:34 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
playa2 wrote:Now the only intelligent reason why the team is playing so uninterested is because a trade is coming UP ON THURSDAY and the team is protesting against management by playing poorly. WE WILL SEE TOMMOROW.

Could be, in which case we must extend the argument when discussing the Gallinari trade, because the team was shooting fire balls after that fateful Thanksgiving Dinner, then when the trade talk became too hot to handle too cold to hold, they went into a freefall heading into All-Star break, finishing only one or two games above 500 when, really,

that Gallinari Amar'e team before the trade, they could've easily won 50 games that season,

and wow, guess what THIS team is on pace to win this year? we'd be really lucky with 50 wins for 2012-2013.

So you tell me if the trade was worth it?

In so many ways right back where we started when Donnie Walsh took over,

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/20/2013  8:35 PM
simrud wrote:

Yes that's it. Has to be. Nothing else is possible. Could not possibly be that they suck. No, no way.

Melo wanted the team to stand pat, and he's not happy management didn't listen to his wishes, so he told the guys to not play hard, and told them some of you won't be with us playing in Toronto on friday.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
IF THIS ISNT ROCK BOTTOM, I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS. TRAILING BY 30 POINTS AT THE HALF TO THE PACERS IS NOTHING A REAL CONTENDER WOULD DO.

THIS TEAM HAS BECOME MORE EFFICIENT AT GIVING EXCUSES AND TALKING GARBAGE THAN TO ACTUALLY PLAYING BASKETBALL> BUNCH OF PRETENDERS.

Knicks_Fan
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

ScoreBot wrote:
Halftime  
IND 74 NYK 44

I am no worried, it's only 30 points - We have the greatest closer in the game.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
2/20/2013  8:36 PM
Knicksfan wrote:IF THIS ISNT ROCK BOTTOM, I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS. TRAILING BY 30 POINTS AT THE HALF TO THE PACERS IS NOTHING A REAL CONTENDER WOULD DO.

THIS TEAM HAS BECOME MORE EFFICIENT AT GIVING EXCUSES AND TALKING GARBAGE THAN TO ACTUALLY PLAYING BASKETBALL> BUNCH OF PRETENDERS.

Pretty much sums it up. Being down 30 isn't as bad as giving up over 70 in the first half to a team that can't score. Pathetic.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/20/2013  8:37 PM
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Finally the honeymoon is over for Woody. All these fans that have been saying he's this tough guy that holds his players accountable, didn't take into account the very short stint he had last year and the good fortune he had for about a month of Super Hot Melo basketball. Then this year the team came out strong, but that isn't a full season. Teams scout and make adjustments and you have to be able to come up with new things to counter those adjustments!!! So far in last years playoffs and so far this season, Woody has not proved he can make adjustments. It's hard for a coach to be judged off less than a season's work of games. As i've said before Woody has a lot to prove still. He's gonna have to get this team back on track and lead them to the ECF's for this to not be a failure on his part.

I hope he can somehow get the team re-focused soon.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/20/2013  8:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2013  8:38 PM
playa2 wrote:
simrud wrote:

Yes that's it. Has to be. Nothing else is possible. Could not possibly be that they suck. No, no way.

Melo wanted the team to stand pat, and he's not happy management didn't listen to his wishes, so he told the guys to not play hard, and told them some of you won't be with us playing in Toronto on friday.

So now half the team gets traded? You would think they would come out trying to prove they belong no?

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/20/2013  8:37 PM
I think the Knicks will make a massive comeback ... so that they only lose by 22.
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

2/20/2013  8:40 PM
nixluva wrote:It was bound to happen sooner or later. Finally the honeymoon is over for Woody. All these fans that have been saying he's this tough guy that holds his players accountable, didn't take into account the very short stint he had last year and the good fortune he had for about a month of Super Hot Melo basketball. Then this year the team came out strong, but that isn't a full season. Teams scout and make adjustments and you have to be able to come up with new things to counter those adjustments!!! So far in last years playoffs and so far this season, Woody has not proved he can make adjustments. It's hard for a coach to be judged off less than a season's work of games. As i've said before Woody has a lot to prove still. He's gonna have to get this team back on track and lead them to the ECF's for this to not be a failure on his part.

I hope he can somehow get the team re-focused soon.

Wish you had this kind of insight when D'Antoni was coach. Better late than never I guess.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
missed the first half but after the raptor game i expected a much better showing. Is there a trade eminient or is the team just playing bad
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
IronWillGiroud

Solace wrote:I think the Knicks will make a massive comeback ... so that they only lose by 22.

worst thing about it is, we're not grooming the kids like a healthy team would, so that they can run free in a blowout loss, gaining valuable experience,

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud

2/20/2013  8:41 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Solace wrote:I think the Knicks will make a massive comeback ... so that they only lose by 22.

worst thing about it is, we're not grooming the kids like a healthy team would, so that they can run free in a blowout loss, gaining valuable experience,

we're all in on a pile of bones

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

loweyecue wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Lets list the soon-to-come lame excuses the team will give for yet another sorry performance:

1. THE LACK OF ACTION BECAUSE OF THE ALL STAR GAME.

2. SCORE BOT IS NOT A TRUE KNICK'S FAN

Y'all are not paying attention - this is why we are losing

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

The Pacers shot 60% lol how is that possible unless one team literally just stands there
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

2/20/2013  8:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:missed the first half but after the raptor game i expected a much better showing. Is there a trade eminient or is the team just playing bad

You know the NY papers will be pushing it. Seeing how they're playing I can't blame them.

Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
gunsnewing wrote:
playa2 wrote:
simrud wrote:

So now half the team gets traded? You would think they would come out trying to prove they belong no?

So glad you didn't come over for this one!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
Silverfuel wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
playa2 wrote:
simrud wrote:

So glad you didn't come over for this one!

LOL

playa2
Member: #407

2/20/2013  8:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
playa2 wrote:
simrud wrote:

Are you kidding it's too late the ink just haven't dried yet on the trade.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
USA
2/20/2013  8:44 PM
Oh now down 30 Woodson starts Amare!
THE BIG GAME THREAD: KNICKS PACERS WE DO IT, 2/20/13, 7:00 PM (ET) WE DO IT!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy