[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Big Trade Coming?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/17/2001  1:30 PM
BskBALL.com released a different possible scenarios for the Knicks.

11/17- DAMON BETTER GET PACKED- We have been tracking the Damon Stoudamire situation in Portland for about 2 weeks, and the story continues to suggest that Damon will be traded, after avoiding and avoiding commenting on the speculation, sources close to the team say they have heard GM Bob Whitsitt is seriously shopping Damon, and has entertained offers from the Hawks and the Knicks, as well as some interest from Golden State, involving Marc Jackson. Damon's hefty $12 million contract makes a deal hard to swing, but sources close to the Hawks say Theo Ratliff is a possible candidate especially if the Blazers would take him and his contract and return a big man in exchange. I have heard Damon and Dale Davis mentioned as a package, but that package equals about $19.3 million in salary, meaning the Hawks would have to trade more than Theo straight up. The Knicks appear ready to make some changes, especially if it yields a big man. And Golden State continues to be linked to talks regarding adding a point guard.

11/17- KNICKS WILL BE MAKING MOVES- Sources close to the Knicks say this may be Scott Layden's last run at re-tooling, and if things don't improve in New York, Layden will be toast. I have been told the Knicks have begun serious talks about radically mixing up the team, and have even considered Memphis' Bryant Reeves as a possible solution in the center spot (eek!). The Knicks have been linked to talks with almost half the league and word has it Orlando might be agreeable to a 3 way deal using their newly acquired trade exception to broker a deal. The Knicks apparently have interest in adding a big man and may finally being willing to move a serious piece (Latrell Sprewell) to land one. I have heard talk that New York may have made an offer of Spree to Washington in exchange for Jahidi White, Courtney Alexander and a few more toss ins to work under the cap. Washington sources say that's the 1st they had heard of it, but say such a deal might be attractive to the struggling Wizards. One thing is clear, the Knicks are looking to make a move, and it could be a big one.

I don't think i would do that trade to Washington just because i think Sprewell is too valuable. Also, i don't know how we would get Reeves without getting rid of Sprewell right now. Maybe we could do Sprewell and someone like Knight for Stromile Swift and Bryant Reeves or something like that. Either way, after seeing what Sprewell can still do for this team i really don't want to trade him without getting an all-star in return because Sprewell will be and should be an all-star this year along-side Marcus Camby. If Houston doesn't pick it up he should be traded for young talent in december. I think grabbing Stoudamire would be nice for us, maybe for Harrington, Ward, and Knight because that would work under the cap. There aren't that many players i would trade Spree for and i think we are best off trying to see how much of a difference Camby makes when he returns. This team could easily turn it around and big at the top of the east with him playing like an all-star. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/17/2001  1:48 PM
You're right - one trade and we could be back up there and I'm certainly not against trading AH right now.

I've just been trying a few things on RealGM.com...

Tell me what you think about this: http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=407747.
We suck.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/17/2001  4:26 PM
Hey I know it's tough but if we're gonna trade Spree I want to see him start at his natural position for awhile instead of SF. Houston is tradeable after December 15th, per example..

Portland trades: Zach Randolph, Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi Wells TOTAL: $15,422,640

New York trades: Othella Harrington, Allan Houston ,Mark Jackson TOTAL: $19,085,000

TRADE ACCEPTED

There were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Portland and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Portland had to use $2,475,000 of their $2,820,000 trade exception in order for this trade to go through. Portland has $345,000 left of their previous trade exception to use in another trade.

or

Memphis trades: Michael Dickerson ,Bryant Reeves TOTAL: $13,496,256

New York trades: Allan Houston ,Travis Knight TOTAL: $16,350,000

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Memphis and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Memphis and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Memphis would also receive a trade exception of $1,670,297 with this trade. This would have to be used within one calendar year from the date of this trade.

It's difficult but not impossible. If you want to go all out young first try out what to do with AH before we'd consider sending Spree packing.

ps.posted this before but it's 13 games from now when we can trade AH. I hope we can remain calm as we shouldn't send Spree packing.
nykfan37
Member: #118
11/17/2001  4:27 PM
There are only 2 Things I'd trade spree for A high lottery pick(Jason williams) or a young franchise player...(kobe,kg,etc)....the franchise player won't happen...so lottery pick is it
Big Trade Coming?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy