[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

2/10/2013  4:49 PM
3G4G wrote:While Melo appears to have had a great offensive performance looks like we had no TEAM rhythm....

I hope you're not implying what I think you're implying
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Member: #4333

2/10/2013  4:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  4:54 PM
TeamBall wrote:
3G4G wrote:While Melo appears to have had a great offensive performance looks like we had no TEAM rhythm....

Just appears we didn't have balanced ball distribution...I'm not saying Melo was a ball hog but trying to win big games 1-man show is not going to cut it.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/10/2013  4:56 PM
there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

it's an interesting psychological strategy: just let melo do all the scoring he wants and don't double him and watch the offense flounder. melo had 1 assist so he took the bait... and we all saw 11 assists as a team. i can't wait to see the usage rate compared to his assist rate for this game-- i bet it's close to 4:1.

not only that there was both overdribbling and lazy passing to the tune of 16 turnovers... all attributable to allowing melo to get off on scoring. why? because when you are watching one guy you lose focus and forget to move the ball.

don't get me started on the defense. what happened after the first 10 games?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall

2/10/2013  4:56 PM
3G4G wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Just appears we didn't have balanced ball distribution...I'm not saying Melo was a ball hog but trying to win big games 1-man show is not going to cut it.

OK I did think you were trying to say Melo lost us the game. I agree with you on the one man show part. Somethings gotta change.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
2/10/2013  4:57 PM
3G4G wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

This is not Melos fault. He barely got touches in the 4th.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/10/2013  4:59 PM
To be totally honest with you, this 32-17 record feels like 17-32, it might as well be 17-32, this is a nightmare of a team
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

It's what they call FUBAR
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
We played the Clippers bench most of the 4th. And we still couldn't take advantage. The lineup we used to start that quarter was the same as the 2nd quarter when they built the lead. Poor coaching. Poor execution.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
defense defense defense defense

stops stops stops stops stops

or lack there of

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  5:00 PM
MSG3 wrote:We played the Clippers bench most of the 4th. And we still couldn't take advantage. The lineup we used to start that quarter was the same as the 2nd quarter when they built the lead. Poor coaching. Poor execution.

Yep. Amare and Novak is deadly

TeamBall

2/10/2013  5:01 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:To be totally honest with you, this 32-17 record feels like 17-32, it might as well be 17-32, this is a nightmare of a team

This doesnt really make sense....so you feel like the Knicks only earned 17 of their wins?
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  5:05 PM
7th home loss

So much for being at the top of the league in homecourt advantage

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/10/2013  5:10 PM
dk7th wrote:there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

it's an interesting psychological strategy: just let melo do all the scoring he wants and don't double him and watch the offense flounder. melo had 1 assist so he took the bait... and we all saw 11 assists as a team. i can't wait to see the usage rate compared to his assist rate for this game-- i bet it's close to 4:1.

not only that there was both overdribbling and lazy passing to the tune of 16 turnovers... all attributable to allowing melo to get off on scoring. why? because when you are watching one guy you lose focus and forget to move the ball.

wow....you obviously did NOT watch this game. This is the problem I have with you and 3G. Ya didnt watch the game but then come in talking about why they lost.

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/10/2013  5:21 PM
Dog days of the season..I won't get wrapped up too much in these individual games..We aren't playing defense like we could...We are getting killed on the boards with our three guard rotation...I'll dial back JKidd's minutes a bit if I was Woody..Im thinking the offense will be different when Amare start playing more minutes after the break..My biggest worry is we can't defend the pick at the top of the key...Every team does it to us now the last month...
dk7th
USA
2/10/2013  5:23 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

wow....you obviously did NOT watch this game. This is the problem I have with you and 3G. Ya didnt watch the game but then come in talking about why they lost.

of course i watched the game. i just see the game differently and have a different understanding of cause and effect than you and others do. ever hear of the game being 90% mental?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2013  5:27 PM
Missed all but 5 minutes of this game. Is msg rebroadcasting it?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  5:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Missed all but 5 minutes of this game. Is msg rebroadcasting it?

No Not an MSG game

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/10/2013  5:41 PM
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

of course i watched the game. i just see the game differently and have a different understanding of cause and effect than you and others do. ever hear of the game being 90% mental?

DK you are so funny. You and 3G are like Hubie Dick Reichert. Can I ask you something? You always talk about D but never ever bring up Tyson yet you will point to how Melo played. Interesting but of course you see the game differently. LOL.

TeamBall

2/10/2013  5:42 PM
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

See the game differently how? By only focusing on Melo?
dk7th
USA
2/10/2013  6:01 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

DK you are so funny. You and 3G are like Hubie Dick Reichert. Can I ask you something? You always talk about D but never ever bring up Tyson yet you will point to how Melo played. Interesting but of course you see the game differently. LOL.

the guys who get the most shots should also be the hardest defenders or lunchpail guys will not give their all. you have to give chandler touches to keep his desire up.

felton flat out sucks asa defender. he can't stay in front of anyone, so you get switches and mismatches and then you get dissected by a superior player, be it chris paul or paul pierce.

look what happened to the knicks with pierce and garnett: they set pick after pick to create mismatches because the knicks are always switching up high. same thing happened today.

teams have figured out that if you can get the knicks to switch up top they become vulnerable because they don't communicate or rotate.

but yeah lets blame tyson chandler.

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy